CLOSED: Butterfly Iris (Dietes grandiflora) for Trade or SASE

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello everyone,
This is my first time offering seeds (also my first year gardening), so please let me know if I neglect to mention anything. I have 19 plastic baggies of 25 seeds each for this plant. It was successfully identified on the Plant ID forum here on DG as Dietes grandiflora or Butterfly Iris. The plantfile for it can be found at this link:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/72697/
I harvested the seeds less than a month ago, so they are fresh. If you want to trade, I am looking for seeds from:
- Interesting shaped gourds (for crafts next year)
- Any plants with pretty flowers that like shade but can handle hot summers
- Anything on my want list
- Veggies that can grow in pots/hanging baskets
I have limited gardening space, so plants that stay small/compact (or don't mind being pruned) would be perfect. If you don't have anything to trade, I would be more than happy to give them away for SASE. Feel free to post here or send me a dmail. I will close this offer when all of the seeds are spoken for. Thank you very much and happy gardening!
-Brittany

This message was edited Dec 19, 2009 7:11 PM

This message was edited Dec 19, 2009 7:12 PM

Thumbnail by Goldberry
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hi Brittany...

I have a few Lagenaria siceraria 'Speckled Swan' seeds I can share with you.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/99146/

I also have many different types of veggies, mostly Heirloom. Send me a d-mail and let me know if you have any specific veggies in mind and I'll see what I have that you may want.

I see you have Sapphire Showers on your want list as well. I could probably send you some cuttings, but that may have to wait until spring. Not sure how much new growth it has right now but can check in the daylight.

Please d-mail me if you're interested in a trade;o)

Kelly

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi, I have seeds for Kettle gourds, but no actual gourds to trade yet. Next year I will have plenty of gourds. Check out my have list to see if you want anything on it. I have Black Cohosh seeds also. I would love some of your iris seeds.
Mary

I have Love-lies-bleeding seeds .If you are interested, D-mail me

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I sent dmails to all three of you lovely gardeners! :-)

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

I would love to get some seeds for this. Im not sure if I have anything that would interest you. Here is what I have seeds for right now:
*Black Pearl Pepper (20-25 seeds per pack)
*Purple Petticoats Datura (30 seeds per pack)
*Kniola's Black Morning Glory (let me know how many you want)
*Sunrise Serenade Morning Glory (only 8 seeds left)
*Pumpkin Tree- Bush growing about 4-5 ft tall, has purple vains on the leaves & grows what looks like mini pumpkins on it (20 seeds per pack)

I think those are all of the seeds that I have left. If you want to trade for any of them, please let me know. Or I can send SASE/SASBE.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Dixie you have dmail!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Id love to trade with you I have the radar love clematis from your wish list and I also have Amaranthus oeschberb which is an upright love lies bleeding...formosa lily seeds, clematis tangutica, heliopsis helianthoides, or other things on my list if you are interested just email me...

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

huneybunch you have dmail! Thank you everyone who has responded so far, I am so excited that my wish list is starting to be fulfilled!

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

I would also like some of your seeds, check out my list of have seeds, Let me know if
you want to trade or I can send you a SASE, Thanks
SisDJ

Orangeburg, SC

I'm sorry I don't have anything on your want list. I'm new to offering seeds also. But would really love to have some of your seeds for SASE. The flowers look absolutely gorgeous.

Tyler, TX

Do you have any seeds left.I'm sorry I don't have anything on your want list. I'm new to offering seeds also. But would really love to have some of your seeds for SASE.

thanks

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

I would like to try some of your seeds. I do have a list if you are interested.
Thank you.
Charleen
RRM

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Today I sent seeds to marti001, dixielol, locakelly, huneybunch_2000, mekos, enidcandles, hope43, and jadajoy. Sorry for the delay, but Christmas was very hectic this year.

mld9373 and Deebie: I still have enough for SASE. I am in the address exchange. dmail me if you cannot access it. Please include three stamps.

sisdj and ridesredmule: I will dmail you soon about trading. I am still trying to catch up on everything I missed online while I was away on vacation for Christmas, but will look at your trade lists ASAP.

Thank you Goldberry and wishing you a Happy New Year.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks Brittany! Your seeds went out in today's mail as well!

Kelly

Hey Loca, Skellogg is on our chat thread looking for sugar cookie receipe, you got any good ones? Anyone else have any?
Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread- if you do maybe go post on the new bees chit chat thread.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Goldberry, I'll let you know when your seeds arrive here and thank you very much.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Could I please have a pack for a SASE?

Thanks,
Susan

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

mekos, locakelly, and marti001: You are very welcome. Thank you so much for trading with me!

FruitOfTheVine: You most definitely may have a pack for SASE. dmail me if you cannot access the address exchange and I will send you my address.

As of right now I have sent 8 packets of seeds and promised 8 more to people, so I have 3 left. Thank you to everyone who has responded so far and have a happy new year everyone!!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My envy's addressed and ready to mail. Thank you!

Your pkg. in mail in the Wednesday, A.M.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2009 8:33 PM

Orangeburg, SC

My SASE is in the mail.

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

you have dmail
DJ

Portland, OR

I would love to trade something if there are any of the last 3 packets left. Look through my seeds and see if there are any you might like...

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

as soon as ice snow or they clear some these bad roads i will get yours mailed been iced snowed in over 6 days .. thanks will be on way very soon, hope before i go crazy.. lol..

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I have closed this offer because I'm 99.9% sure all of the seeds are spoken for. If I haven't gotten back to you yet, don't fret, I am still working on responding to everyone who posted here/sent me dmail. I should have gotten back to everyone by this afternoon. Thank you to everyone who responded! It has been fun and exciting to wake up and have dmail every day! :-)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Got my seeds yesterday! Thanks again Brittany for the trade!

I got mine today, thank you so much.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

mine also and mailed yours thanks so much,

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I got my seeds today. I wish I had a nice warm greenhouse so I could start some seeds and enjoy doing something.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Hello everyone,
I'm glad my seeds have started to arrive in people's mailboxes. Now every time I look at those Irises I smile thinking about how it's babies will be spread literally all over the U.S. now. That's so neat. :-)

ridesredmule, deebie, fruitofthevine, hope43: Thank you for mailing so promptly. I look forward to getting your envies!

Ficurinia: I sent you a dmail

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

From what I read these pretties are easily grown from seed, too... Can't wait to start them!

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantcd/dietesgrand.htm

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Great site! Thank you.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Received my seeds yesterday... Thanks for taking the time to trade.. Happy New Year..Trish

Orangeburg, SC

Brittany, I received my seeds today. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to plant them.

Got my seed, the other day.....
Let's grow!!!!
Thanks

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Glad to hear everyone is getting their seeds! I was out of town for over a week due to a family emergency (and without internet), so if I have neglected to dmail anyone or you have not gotten your seeds yet please let me know. According to my records the only people I have not sent seeds to yet are FruitoftheVine and mld9373 because I am waiting for the SASEs to arrive. Thank you to everyone who traded with me, I got some things from my wishlist and a few things I had never heard of before. I am excited for the growing season to begin! Happy gardening everyone!
-Brittany
P.S. Thank you locakelly for the link! If anyone finds a useful site or any information on sowing these seeds please post it here. I have never grown these from seed before, so I don't really have any tips/advice to pass along.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

You're welcome and glad you're back!

I've been told they are easy to grow from seed - we will see☺

Dayton, TN(Zone 7a)

Got mine yesterday, thanks so much, Looking forward to Spring
Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.