East Coast Blizzard

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

This is a big one, how are you doing?
We went under a blizzard warning this morning for over a foot of snow with high winds tonight. The first flakes are yet to fall but we are ready. Right?

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

GET READY!!
The forecast of 6 to 12 inches gave us 24 so far and it's not quite done here. If you have any thoughts of needing another gal of milk or whatever, and can, I say better go get it! It's still hard to wrap my head around all this snow...

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Cape Cod to Cape May transplant here.
Definitely get your "snowed-in mode" going!

Ha ha you 'cape' addict. This is the price for lovely seaside living, Atlantic style. Bread, milk, eggs, TP, coffee..oh but by now I better stop before I mention something you'll regret not having.
I'm happy to say we have not (yet?) gotten bad wind here, but it still might hit you up there.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sally,
Lived too long in NE not to know how to "be prepared" !
I've got all that & more already settled in nicely for that
"long winters nap" :)

We are blanketed here literally.

Dyson, that is one nice graph on your link. Is that from somewhere or do you do that yourself?
Cris--very good, I'm sure you've got me beat. . I also prefer the gentle 'blanket' metaphor to the brutal 'slammed' one that is often used. When there's no wind and its perfectly quiet outside (for once) and falling ever so gently...like a down comforter.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx

thanks

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Final total is around 20 inches here with a bit more along the south cost of MA. I had to shove the storm door open just to get out.
I managed to shovel a path to the street yesterday, it's up to my knees. A friend with a plow did the street plow pile. I cleared off the car and opened up the driveway this AM.
Looks like we'll have a white Christmas.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

My daughter lives in Sharon - she'll be thrilled - she skis :)

I remember NE winters and am glad to be where I am !

Merry Christmas to you :)

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Cris, I moved from NH to SE MA for work to find the temps more moderate. Cooler summers and warmer winters but nor'easters can get ya. Here we are sticking our nose into the Atlantic.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sarah,
You didn't quite move far enough south! I do understand however.
Its really hard to leave NE & when you do its "Why did I do that?"
I actually moved cause my arthritis was crippling me in the cold & damp. Now its crippling me cause I'm Old !

Did a lot of geneology in NH, mostly Manchester & S-SE.

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

I grew up in Manchester. Great city. Sarah's arthritis is under control with meds for now. I just hate the cold. lol
Andy P

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.