new hydrangea

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Got a new catalog today and on the front page a show stopper!! A new hydrangea called Vanilla Strawberry (hydrangea paniculata 'Renhy') I have got to get one!!!!!!
Mary

Thumbnail by marti001
Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Me too. I like it.

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Yep - I saw it too and want it!!! (Was it Bluestone Perennials? Not sure)

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I found it in the Jungs catalog. I know Jungs does not have a high rating but I'm going to try them and buy this hydrangea.

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Where can I get these? Jungs is sold out of them. I think this might be the most beautiful Hydrangea I've ever seen!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I found more at Gradensof theNorthstore.com. See if you can get on there otherwise, goggle Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea and look for it there. I hope Jungs is not going to back order mine. I'll be looking for it someplace else also.

Marti

Hull,Ga, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi,
I just ordered one from White Flower Farms. WOW ! What a beautiful plant...can't wait to have it in my garden...

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8b)

Our local nursery is getting them in. I am on there list to get one. Thank you for pointing out this beauty.

Richmond, VA(Zone 7a)

Just ordered it online from Gardener's Supply....can't wait! Gorgeous photo!

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

That one is on my list too. It is so pretty. I am going to check with my nursery this year. I have my finger crossed.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I put it in my Gardener's Supply shopping cart today, but am apprehensive about ordering it online. I have never purchased from them before.

I got my Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea today! I cannot wait to see this thing bloom!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Be sure and post pictures!!

I think our question should be is, how big was the one you ordered?

I got it from Gardens of the North. It is very large. I'm pretty sure it will bloom this year.

Ok, so what is large?...lol 8 inches, 16 inches. 12 inches?...lol
24 inches?

It's over 24 inches tall. I'd say it is close to 3 feet tall. The trunks are thicker than my plants I've purchased locally of Pinky Winky. They had bent the stems down somewhat to fit in the box, but they appear to be ok. I can tell it's a good plant though. The buds are getting ready to start growing.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

How expensive was it? Also, I googled it and couldn't find them. Do they have a website?

I went to their site and I did not see it.

They sold all of them. I barely got in before they were out of them.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Let us know how it does. I really really want that hydrangea!

Will do, Lynn. I hope they sent the right plant. I have ordered from places and when the plant bloomed it was wrong. I hate it when they do that!

Yulee, FL(Zone 8b)

Does anyone out there know if the vanilla/strawberry hydrangea will thrive in zone 8b ( Jacksonville, Florida) My Southern Gardener's Book doesn't list it, and I'm afraid I'll be throwing my money away. I sure would like to have one if it doesn't get too hot here for it. Hope someone can inform me.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

It is rated zones 4-8.

This plant is growing well now. This is the first time I've had a bare root plant do so well! I feel almost sure this thing will bloom this year.

I want one....lol

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

I've been looking all over too and can't find any. It will be a great companion to my Strawberries & Cream Hydrangea.
A huge nursery I frequently go to always have the most in quantity and variety on hydrangeas. Hopefully they may carry Vanilla Strawberry. I won't be surprised either if Lowe's will end up carrying them too comes summer time.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Which nursery Tex?

Long Branch, NJ(Zone 7a)

Venu - It's Brock Farms Garden World. Really huge selection not just on hydrangeas but also all kind of perennials, trees, aquatic-pond stuff, and oh boy, all kinds of fish for your pond. Prices are really reasonable, sometimes cheaper than big box stores.

2 locations -1. Coltsneck - same road and near Delicious Orchard (if you know where that is). This is the location I frequently go to. I love their clearance section (last building all the way at the back). You always find garden treasures (garden arts, pots, fountains, and hard goods) at rock-bottom prices.
2. Freehold - Rt. 9 not far from Freehold Mall. That place is really huge and I mean HUGE. It's like a maze. I think that's their main location.

Look at the water fountain below - $49.99 from that place.

Thumbnail by Tex68
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

Ah yes....I go to both as often as wallet permits (not often enough) I'll have to look for the clearance section. I don't think I've stumbled on that yet. Thanks!!

Nothing here in NJ yet. I have been checking everywhere.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I am in Hydrangea Heaven today. I called a local nursery awhile back and asked to be put on a waiting list for Vanilla Strawberry, and they called me yesterday. So today I picked it up and a 'Let's Dance - Moonlight' Hydrangea. I can't wait for them to bloom!

Grand Forks, ND(Zone 4a)

Beautiful plant! What zones will it grow in?

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

First Editions® Vanilla Strawberry™ Hydrangea
Hydrangea paniculata 'Renhy' (PPAF)
Full sun
Height: 6-7'
Spread: 4-5'
Zone: 4-8
Foliage: Medium green

LET'S DANCE® MOONLIGHT H. mac.‘Robert'’ ppaf

The faster reblooming rebloomer

The Let’s Dance® hydrangea series represents the next generation of reblooming hydrangea. Don’t settle for just a few flowers in late summer- Let's Dance Moonlight reblooms more quickly than others, giving you more flowers and more color. The Let’s Dance® series blooms on both new wood and old delivering seasons of flowers and lots of wow. Makes you want to dance.

Hardiness: USDA Zone 5 - 9

Bloom Color: A rich pink that ages to bright green. Blue flowers in acidic soils.

Foliage Color: dark green
hydrangea

Size: 2-3 feet

Fridley, MN(Zone 4b)

Vanilla Strawberry is also sold by Baileys Nurseries, so any garden center that has their products should also carry it.

I am still on the hunt. None so far.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I found it at Laurel Landscaping & Nusery in Corbin , KY. in a 1 gallon container for $18.99. Now I just have to figure the money out and take a drive to Corbin. Its about 28 miles from me, BUT worth the drive.

Laurel Landscaping Nusery
2200 Level Green Rd.
Corbin, KY 40701
606-528-3186

didn't think to ask if they would ship one.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I was worried about the size/quality of the Vanilla Strawberry that I had ordered from Gardener's Supply, so I bought the one at the nursery when it came in. Well, it looks like I was worried for nothing. Here is a picture of them side by side. The leafed out one on the left is from the nursery, bareroot in the middle is from Gardener's Supply, one on the right is 'Let's Dance - Moonlight'. All of them were the same price $29.99. GS had free shipping.

Thumbnail by LynnPhillips
Mesquite, TX

What catalog is that from? It's gorgeous!

I got mine from Gardens of the North Store and it was huge just like the post above. It has a few buds on it now. I can't wait to see the blooms on this one!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.