Paint - Ceiling White ?

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

It's time to repaint our ceilings. The paint that the builder used is no longer available...we found that out when we ran out about 5 yrs ago - when we were doing touch ups.

So, i'm going to start in the bathrooms.... the kids bathroom has 2 small areas of mold. and things are peeling where the dry wall joints are, like the tape is pulling away... looks really crappy.

Home Depot is closest to me, so i have been looking on their web site... they carry Behr and Glidden.

I do recall there is a ceiling paint out there that is slightly purple when you put it on, and it dries white.. so you can keep track of what has been painted or not.

I want to 'do it right' as long as i'm doing it... and do not want to do this again ... probably be here another 5-6 yrs. [hopefully less]

can anyone recommend a good - one coat paint for ceilings?

thanks in advance,

Terese

This thread has 43 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!