Success - ebay

Central, SC

My issue is finally resolved. My goal was two fold....to get my money back and to prevent this person from scamming someone else the way she scammed me. I'm getting a full refund, and I was told that this person (who used three different names) can no longer sell on eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lebanon, OR

Lets hope with all the work you have done that maybe just MAYBE ebay will start taking the compliants to heart.

D

Great detective job Bertha

D

South Hamilton, MA

Great work. Hope they don't come up with a different site. It was the worst scam I've seen. Maybe started out in ignorance but certain did not keep on that way.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Good job, Bertha!

Keep an eye out on ebay, and let us know if they try to come back.

Central, SC

I'll keep an eye out. Her aunt is still on there, but I can't do anything about that right now. The aunt's site has fewer iris and is moving to seeds and paperback books, etc....other stuff. I had emailed Schreiner and got a response that they have not given anyone on eBay permission to use any of their pictures. I'll watch this site and I will particularly watch the person who scammed me. I've found other places on line where pictures have been lifted. It will only take me a few minutes to check each week. Each time I see one, I'm reporting it. Now the site says "named" iris. I had purchased five iris where they had used pictures and made up the names. Hopefully they will follow the straight and narrow and be honest. This isn't over yet. I haven't heard back from the IC3 section of the FBI. I've reported the niece for running a scam by using the USPostal Service. I'm going to pursue that avenue. I am a kind person and I've been an honest person all my life. I'm one of those people that if I get too much change given back to me in the grocery store, I have to turn around and take it back...literally. But I also do not have any trouble standing up for my rights when I've been cheated.

Winnsboro, TX

I'm glad to hear someone is making a difference dealing with the cheaters, theifs, and so forth on Ebay. I'm also glad someone knows how to look and see if photos are being lifted and used without permission. It's us dummies that don't know much about the computer that always gets scammed.

Thanks Bertha for a job well done. Thanks for standing up for yourself and others that don't know how to go about doing so!

Marian

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Bertha. I'm a pretty computer-illiterate Iris lover and I shy away from Ebay as far as flowers are concerned. I had problems with a passiflora I ordered and made up my mind not to purchase plants on Ebay unless I know someone who has been satisfied with the seller I'm considering ordering from.

Central, SC

Thanks! I've learned at lot in a short time! I did have the addresses that were sent with the orders. I looked up the county the addresses were in. I called the tax accessor's office in that county in Idaho. I know their names. It's a matter of public record. I know who they are. Anyway, I'm going to watch and report everything I can. And I'll be much more careful in the future when buying. Everyone have a wonderful Merry Christmas!!! Bertha

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Cheers Bertha! Good job!!!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

You go girl !!!!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Bertha you are an example to us all. It was, no doubt, the FBI that got to ebay whether they answered you or not. The FBI probably suggested to ebay that they settle this or face prosecution. Just a guess. And I love the part about calling their tax assessor in Idaho. You certainly remembered your high school civics!
If everyone were so dedicated to justice as you, crooks would have a much harder time.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Bertha would have been perfect at my last job. Or maybe the FBI has a place for her.

How about complaining to the state tax department, and I wonder if businesses are listed for that state, to see if they have a valid business license. The county clerks office would have that info. NY doesn't list it publicly, but I've seen many states that do. But the county clerks office will always help. I recently had to check on a business in Louisiana, and the county clerks office couldn't have been more helpful. I asked if the person had a business name, as they were selling wholesale, and I considered buying, and they had no business name registered there, so I didn't buy.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Good move, pollyk. I would never have thought of checking with the county ( or parish, in Louisiana) clerk's office.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.