New Blooms from Mamajacks Coop!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Sorry if this is a redundant post....but I am thrilled with the bulbs I received recently....some have names and some I have lost. Here is Snowbank.

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

And Siren has been blooming for agest!

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

This IS a mystery...anyone have an ID?

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

This one is such a love shade of greenywhite

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Name on this one?

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

All beautiful. Does that greenywhite one have any scent?

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

I wil go out and sniff...didn't think to do it.....

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Carol, they all are gorgeous!!! the third one looks like Aphrodite. Fifth one looks like Susan.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Thanks for the IDs....

Nope...no scent... But Snowbanks has a lovely light fragrance....

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Beauty! Where's everybody else? More piccies please!

I think I need to order scads of Snowbanks; I love that one and if it has a scent - so much the better. Except for the mislabeled one I posted on the other thread, all of mine are still in bud. But, the buds are fat and it looks like they will really open for Christmas this year.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Yes, Alice...it IS a beauty.... A second stem is full of fat buds, too!!! The 'white' is quite 'clean', too!!!!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

La Paz is struttin.... The stems are almost 2' long...

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Awesome! They clearly like things there in HI. I have a Desire just blooming, I'll give it a couple days then take a pic. Other than that, they're still workin' on it. It's probably too cool in the house, I have them on a heating mat to help.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Well...we have had the rains of hell (15" in 7 hours), cool (cold for us) nights and all of them are in the ground.... I put them in and they make it or they don't..... So far, they make it!!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Aloha, so glad you started this. Here's Chico this morning.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

OOOO, nice.

Sorry...got the name wrong on the white bloom...it is SnowDrift!!! Blooms last ages!!! The stems were so tall they fell over so now I have two cut stems in water...still opening buds!!!

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

I love these. My Peacock is within days of blooming, but Bogata and Benfica are a couple of weeks away at earliest. I love that Chico and if MamaJack is up to it next year, I'm going for one of those for sure.

Isn't it fun sharing our pic & progress? The only Amaryllis I'd ever seen or grown before was Red Lion. Still love it but there's so many more I want to try, especially the exotics. Estella was a gift for my SIL in TX, she planted it 2 weeks ago and says it's just beginning to show green on the horizon. Same for the Benfica I have, didn't realize that ones takes 40 days to mature or I'd have planted it earlier than Thanksgiving. Siren has started to bloom, just waiting for full blooms before I post pics. Looks like Papillo will take a while longer too. I wish I'd ordered more than 5, maybe I'll have a bigger budget next Fall...lol

Aloha, do you mind if we post more than one picture of the same plant?

mamajack & crew, thanks for making this possible, sure would love to participate again next year.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

POST away!!! The more the merrier!

Thanks, Carol. Here's Siren today.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

WOW...that is a beautiful bloom!! Good photo!

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Desire 12/23--gave to my MIL

Thumbnail by grrrlgeek
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Giraffe is opening

Thumbnail by grrrlgeek
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Emerald on 12/23--the color looks best in this photo

Thumbnail by grrrlgeek
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

And Emerald today, a couple of the flowers are done, but most of both stems should be blooming at the same time

Thumbnail by grrrlgeek

Those are so pretty! Gotta order a Giraffe next year.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

thank you all for the pictures. fruitofthevine just sent me the link to here. hello everyone.

chico looks like something out of a sci-fi picture. lol.

I am batting 2 for 2 now. This one is supposed to be Rembrandt van Rjin (?) but I don't think so......... Do you think it might be Picotee? Very pretty whatever it is.

Thumbnail by ardesia

This is Misty. A little paler than EYG's picture but likely to get larger and darker with some age. The stems are both around 24" which looks a bit odd with such small flowers but I suspect this one would look lovely massed in a garden bed.

Estella is about to pop and I can't wait to see what she is like.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Wish my Estella would do something. She got a couple of nubs then stopped. I can't seem to get her to wake up.

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

misty is wondrously made.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Yes...Misty is gorgeous!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Here is La Paz...beautiful!!!!!!

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

And a whole clump...not sure of the name

Thumbnail by AlohaHoya
Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

aloha that is going to be gorgeous when they all make clumps. how long exactly does it take an amaryllis to do that?

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

It seems we got several wrong bulbs. First all the Santos, and ardesia got something that looks like Picotee, now these are the blooms on my "Papillo"

Thumbnail by grrrlgeek
Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

These are pretty, but seriously, how many are going to be wrong? All the Santos, the one ardesia posted above, and now this one. The Red Peacocks and one Desire I ordered specifically because they were supposed to grow fast enough to give as Christmas gifts still haven't bloomed, maybe they're wrong too? Ack.

Here's the other flower on the bloom stalk of the one that's supposed to be Papillo

Thumbnail by grrrlgeek
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Quote from AlohaHoya :
And a whole clump...not sure of the name

Looks like minerva.

Jan

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Quote from grrrlgeek :
These are pretty, but seriously, how many are going to be wrong? All the Santos, the one ardesia posted above, and now this one. The Red Peacocks and one Desire I ordered specifically because they were supposed to grow fast enough to give as Christmas gifts still haven't bloomed, maybe they're wrong too? Ack.

Here's the other flower on the bloom stalk of the one that's supposed to be Papillo

This one looks like Exotic star, love this one.

Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.