Setting Up Windows Email to Reply to Craigslist Ads

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

You're supposed to be able to click on the email link in a Craigslist ad to reply to the ad. The email will automatically contain the link to the ad you're replying to.

How can I set up my email account to do this? Because my "windows email" is not configured with my "pop" email account (yahoo), I can't reply to an ad on Craigslist just by clicking on the email address. Instead, I have to copy the email address, then open my yahoo email account, and compose a new email by pasting the email address in it. If I want the link to the ad in the email, I then have to go back to the ad, copy the web address and paste it into the yahoo email I'm composing. If I want the title of the ad in the subject line, I then have to copy and paste it. If I could just reply to the Craigslist ad, all these steps would automatically be done for me.

When I do all this, naturally the email comes from my yahoo account, not Craigslist's account, so I'm fearing a lot of my replies are being filtered out as spam naturally since it's a yahoo account.

I don't want to have all my yahoo emails downloaded into Outlook Express or something. I just want to easily reply to the CL ads. What do I need to do to make it happen?

I use Yahoo email and Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

NancyAnn

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!