Plum Poodle

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I found Plum Poodle and I wonder if anyone has this, what do you think of it?
It is $14 so I don't want to get one unless I thought it would do well here.
I prefer iris that increase quickly. I know that sometimes varies depending on where you are at.
It is pretty tempting, so it's on my wish list, any reason it shouldn't be?

South Hamilton, MA

What is your source? Never heard of that one.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

09 intro from Blue J

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

or 08

South Hamilton, MA

Therefore a newer TB than I've seen

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

PLUM POODLE - $14.00

Plum Poodle

Leonard & Kathryn Jedlicka, 2007, TB, 30”, E-M, RE in zone 4b

The super-ruffled standards on this deep purple remind us of curls on a poodle. Semi-flaring falls of purple are ruffled and covered with black velvet plush. The beard is old gold in the throat but the outer half is deep purple. Style arms are purple and white. You can expect up to 8 medium-sized flowers on each stem, the branching is OK but could be better. It appears that better soil makes for curlier standards.

(Hail The Chief X Romantic Evening) - (formerly JEDA 2-7A36)

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

This is from their website. There are a couple of photos. Okay so it's an 2007. I was in the right area anyway.

South Hamilton, MA

Interesting as to having romatnic envening as a parent. should mean that it is a very hardy iris. At the request of our club members we ordered their 'Hi There Gorgeous' for our auction last summer.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Hi There Gorgeous is gorgeous. It bloomed for me in the spring after I got around to planting it in October the year before. Will post photo when I look it up. Love the spots on the standards.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

This is just one of the photos of Hi There Gorgeous.

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Photo taken April 29.2009

South Hamilton, MA

It is a very unusual plicata pattern. The person who bought it at the auction is a hybridizer. Since the garden is in NE, I don't see that the Plum Poodle would be difficult to grow in OK. If 2007 intro, the price should be down enough to be worth the risk.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

The 14.00 price from Blue J is their 2010 price.

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

I don't have Plum Poodle but do have several of their intros. Most of them have done very well here. Like other hybridizers, some make it and some don't.

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

Ok thanks guys!
I will def put that on my must have list lol

I have a poodle, so the name seems cute to me.

Gilbertsville, KY(Zone 7a)

I purchased 28 rhizomes from Blue J this past summer, including Plum Poodle and several other Jedlicka introductions. They all have settled in well here in western KY, and I expect quite a few to bloom this next spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.