Can anybody please tell me what this plant may be?

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi Guys,

The house I moved into has this plant growing around this house and I would like to know if it is a "GOOD" plant or a "BAD" plant, can somebody tell me?

Thank you,

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
barmera, Australia

Debi I call this plant Jewel of the Nile. It has pinky-red or yellow flowers at my place. They do selfseed but put on a good show before they die back. I wouldn't call them BAD. Colleen

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Here's your plant Debi http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/92/

Thank you Ladies.

I knew someone would know. I think it would be nice if confined to a garden and where I have sifted to it's hot and any plants that will grow, I will keep.

Again Thanks,

Debi

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

They are tough plants Debi as you will find out.They have a lovely afternoon/night time fragrance.I also have them in my garden .. crimson,yellow and even the less common white..I enjoy them but find they can be hard to eradicate from an area that they have encroached on... One late Spring I saturated some with roundup thinking that would be the end of them...not so...they grew back stronger than ever from the tuberous rootstock... although they would have eventually succumbed had I continued with the roundup..

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to show you this plant while it is flowering.

Nice flower's, I like it.

Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty

Can you smell them at night deb? mine smell so beautiful, if you want some different colours d mail me as I have lots of seeds.
Hope you are settling in ok ...moving is so dreadful.

Antalya, Turkey

Greetings from warm,south west coast of Turky,Antalya..It is Mirabilis Jalapa..Four O'clock plant..Sweettyly scented,blooming after four o.clock(!)easily reseed..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.