Antique Italian spread

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

This is what I am working on now. My daughter gave this to me many years ago after her dog accidently tore some of it when he jumped up on the bed. It didn't have any backing at that time and she decided to give it to me as she didn't have the time or willingness to do the necessary repairs. I was excited to get it and started the repair work. Well, I repaired the torn crocheted area and then attached a backing of a biege linen and began stitching around all of the linen doillies that are connected by crochet work to reinforce the backing to the spread. It's beautiful and but it is taking me forever to get around all 99 doillies. I am going to give it back to her when I get it done. Its was going to be a surprise but I told her about it this year so she is really looking forward to it. I wish there was a faster way of stitching around all the doillies but hand stitching seems to be the only way.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2009 5:58 AM

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!