Great color this year for Texas' JM's!!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Usually my JM's lose their leaves before we have a freeze, but this year the earlier cold weather has just made the color gorgeous! Anyone else have pics of Texas color? ;-)

Thumbnail by Connie_G
Danville, IN

Beautiful color. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your JM fall color this year. Looks like a nice specimen.

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

This is a good example for all you rather anal folks out there. Live with imperfection and enjoy your tree as nothing in life is perfect. Unless you live in a Jm perfect place you will not have even nearly perfect looking JMs.(and even there, many may have some mid summer damage). but that by no means diminishes their beauty . For most folks the primo times of the year are spring and fall ... That's when you get the best color and / or most pristine look ( spring and early summer you will have color and no leaf burn). As long as you purchase trees that have great color those times of year you are in fat city , Most of us will get leaf burn during the summer even a mild one . It may be heat , sun, humidity or a combination of any of these but it will happen,,,the farther south the worse it gets . As your tree grows older it will show less burn except in very hot areas and there are a few trees like glowing Embers and EP that are developed for the south and seem to do better. So by mid summer your JM will not be a show piece big deal live with it!!... this does continue til fall,,,, but as shown in this photo ...who cares ...it looks boffo that color is very nice indeed ... yes if you look close you can see burnt leaves big deal live with it enjoy the color!!! I have said it before and I will say it again ... if you want a perfect JM buy a plastic one on ebay ... but be sure to water it well ;>) Davidsan

This message was edited Dec 19, 2009 11:47 AM

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

It does look lovely Connie. I love the fall color so much too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.