ROSIE DAWN

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Good news. I have contacted ROSIE DAWN COLEUS and asked them to please run another special for us this year. I am in no way affiliated with them, have no personal knowledge of them, am not acting as a vendor nor getting any kick backs. I will not be monitoring the orders, or keeping spreadsheets. The only thing I will be doing, is the same as everyone else. PLACING AN ORDER. LOL I am making this post merely as One COLEUS ADDICT TO ANOTHER. LOL Last year it was in the co op forum, but, because of the new co op rules, it will have to fall under a classified ad. So, I've asked them to run a classified ad this year and they agreed. I think he will be allowing us the same deals we got last year. 3.75 each. This is exclusively for DG members only and you will be provided with a discount code, like last year. The only difference this year, is that your credit card will be charged when you place your order, because of some non pays last year. You can choose the date you want it shipped, just like last year. But you will be charged immediately when you order. Just get your list together and when you have the extra cash, place your order. It will start in January thru February, but be watching for it in the classified section. Go to the Classified Forum and click on ADD THIS TO YOUR FAVORITES , so that when the sale starts you will see it immediately. Here's their link for y'all to drool over and get your list ready.

http://www.rosydawngardens.com/

See, I didn't let ya'll down. :) Have Fun.

Debbie

Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you so much! I was hoping they would do something like this.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Debbie, when they place the Classified Ad, will you be posting something here to remind us? I already have Classifieds as part of my watched forums, but any extra reminder would be great!

New Hyde Park, NY

GREAT! Thanks for spreading the word to all Coleus Addicts!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

THANKS Debbi
I have a wishlist started.
Cant Wait Just finished my list.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2009 1:23 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you, Debbie! I'm excited!

Last year's coop with them was great in my experience. The plants were big and healthy, and Rosy Dawn was wonderful to work with. I haven't participated in a coop since that one because, frankly, I don't like the way coops work under the new guidelines. A classified will be perfect.

Karen

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Wonderful!

Thanks, Debbie.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Debbie! Can't wait!

I'm working on my list too. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

When someone seeds the classified ad, maybe you could post to this thread. If we all "watch" this thread, it will alert us to the fact that the games have begun.

Karen

Good idea Karen.

Glen Riddle Lima, PA

Yes!!! Thanks Debbie for coordinating this again!

:)

Joy

Oh, dear, I feel a couple of hours at RD coming on, choosing. Can I just order one of everything?

LOL, at least 2 hours. :)

Maybe I'll focus on just one color group, I'm very happy with my red/ORANGE/yellows.

(Ummm, and maybe black/darkdark purple)

I'm struggling through the RD catalogue, phew!!

I found the name of one that I have, Charlie McCarthy, that got lost(the name tag) and WOW, my Religious Rutabaga looks nothing like their photo. Must be the heat and short days here.

Edit: I don't want to clog up the place with different posts. My first perusal of the catalogue netted 41---$153.75. LOL!

This message was edited Dec 14, 2009 1:11 PM

Thumbnail by
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Its like potatochips.

arghhhh! At least my 'black' list is short,
Black Beauty
Blackberry
Fack
Midnight
Othello
Sorcerer.

I have Apocolypse, and Grape Expectations for darks right now, both doing quite well. Is there a lesser one in the list above that I should ignore?

I "need" Freckles and was going to get Fishnet Stockings, but that one isn't there anymore.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I wouldnt bother with Fishnet Stockings unless its been successful for you in the past.
It just fizzled for me but I am waaaay north and maybe cooler weather isnt what it likes.

That's why I want to try it, never cooler than 68f, umm, 18c or so, and never above 96f,, about 36c

I read Fishnet Stockings likes it warm. I'm finding that some coleus really change when they come here from Ohio or thereabouts.

It's so out of favor that I might not be able to find it!

Carmel, IN(Zone 5b)

So excited to see this post--that was a great co-op last year. Can't wait to order from Rosy Dawn again. Too many choices.....too little space. I used a lot in my containers last year, and they looked beautiful all season. Thanks, Debbie.

Oh, horrible me!

THANK YOU!!! Debbie!

I grew up in a barn.

I'm just getting started with coleus. I visited a friend, and she had a pretty coleus. I liked them, but hadn't paid much mind to them, except a Freckles that I managed to keep for several years, long ago. So my friend let me have a little pinch, it's a monster now. Then I looked here, and caught the bug. I found out that the coleus she gave me has a name! Delightful!! Swiss Sunshine.

There are few here to buy. I found a drab one in the grocery store(!!) and bought it, just green with splashes of brown. I put it in full sun, noooo! Full shade, and I am rewarded with white and pink down the center.

Hum, I'll post a photo later. I just ran out and took a picture, but it doesn't show up in the 'choose a file'. Maybe I have to exit DG and reopen?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

HELLO DEBBIE! What fun! I can't wait. I had such year picking mine out. Thanks!

Hi Kell. I am excited too. I'm reading up on winter sowing seeds right now, so ordering the Rosie Dawn's Coleus will be a great change for me. LOL At least I know what to do with those. :)

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

HI,

I have killed two batches of Fishnet Stockings and heat is not a problem with me. Have read posts that others are having trouble with it too, so maybe that's why it's no longer available at RD. If this is true, it's a smart move on their part.

Hap

It really does seem to be a very attractive plant that doesn't grow too well for many of us.

I case you don't have it, here's a link to the classified forum...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/bulletins/all/

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

please tell me I didn't miss it

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nope! I have co-ops and classifieds saved so I dont miss RD and Caladiums. They should be comming up soon.
I think RD charges your card right away for the co-op, in case you didnt know.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

whew.. thanks!!.. I have both marked as favorites but forget to check them

yes, the order is paid right away, seems there we some no-pays last year, boooooo

Caladiums???? oboy.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes thats what I understood and some orders were sent and cards had been canceled.
RD shouldnt have to put up with that krapp.

more than just a problem in these times, I'm sure RD is struggling to survive.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Debbie, what size are the plants, approximately? Thanks, Susan

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Susan, these were my trailers the day they arrived. (I had planted them in 6 oz. yogurt cups). You can see they are good sized and very healthy.

Karen

Thumbnail by kqcrna
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

looking good

Hi everyone. I, too, am waiting on the classified. He had originally said around January 15th, so I will give him a call Monday to see if that has changed. They said that they are so very busy this time of year getting everything ready. :) and would be getting back with me as soon as they can break away.

I hope each of you are enjoying the holiday weekend. It is so beautiful and sunny outside, but it is too cold to play in my garden. But, I am so pleased to look outside and see that even with the freezing temps we have had at night, my red Knockouts are still blooming. It is at times like this, I look back over all of my spring and summer photos from the previous year and work diligently on making sure it is in full bloom come spring. I am winter sowing seeds in bottles, putting out bulbs, making my coleus and caladium list, as well as my tropicals. Even if we dread winters low temps and the mess it seems to make in our gardens, I have to keep in mind, that as each plant lies down in death, it is sending its nutrients on to the next years growth and is enriching my soil for the spring and new life. I hope you all have an awesome day.

kqcrna, thank you for the photo.

Debbie

Here's El Brighto from Rosy Dawn, the day it arrived here. It had to be 8 or 9" in length. Many of them are large enough to take cuttings from immediately.

Thumbnail by pirl
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I second that.
This is May tub
Fishnet Stockings which failed
Electric lime
Trailing Psycoleus and ornamental pepper

Thumbnail by ge1836

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.