My Old Softie

High Springs, FL(Zone 8b)

Last week I mentioned to my husband that I was considering becoming a "foster parent" with our local pet rescue (I'd have a million animals at home if I could!) DH just looked at me sideways and didn't say much. He likes animals too, but he's afraid I'd get carried away.

The other night he came home from work looking a bit sheepish and said "You know how you said you wanted to do that pet rescue stuff? Well...." and proceed to tell me how he was driving home and saw 3 tiny little kittens abandoned on the side of the road, nowhere near any houses and just COULDN'T leave them there and now they were out in his truck and, well, I guess I was officially a pet rescuer now!

These are really young babies, probably not more than 3-4 weeks old and really missing their mother. How anyone could just abandon them like that, I don't know. DH said he imagined driving to work the next morning and seeing dead kittens on the road, so there was no way he was going to leave them there. He's such a sucker for animals (and kids), but I wouldn't have him any other way!

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!