CLOSED: Texas Sabal Palm - seed offer

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

aka:   Texas Palmetto, Mexican Palmetto, Oaxacan Palmetto

botanical:   Sabal mexicana
syn:   Sabal texana

DG plant info:   http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62088/

Each packet will contain at least 20 seeds.

What I need from you:

A self-addressed business-size envelope (SAE) or a self-addressed bubble envelope (SABE) enclosed with 64˘ in LOOSE U.S. postage stamps.  Please do not affix the postage to your return envelope.  Thank you.

Else, offer a trade to me.  My wanted list is here - - » http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?list=want&member=LazLo

Mark the lower left corner on the outside of your enclosed return envelope with the words:   ''Sabal Palm'' just to help me keep stuff straight.  Thank you.

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

A T B T Y !       ~       ŁazŁo     ;--)

The attached photo was uploaded to DG by palmbob.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2009 8:41 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

oh you know I want some...will get my envy out in the morning!
Oh and by the way, I got a very lovely card in the mail from a very nice certain someone today, thank you!

My SASBE is on the way Lazlo, and I noticed something on your wants list that I do have so come this spring you will have it, gotta wait for the ground to thaw out now!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

merci

Warren Center, PA(Zone 5b)

Sending envy out tomorrow, do you need any more " Billy Goats" also I have 8 " Mandela's Gold Bird of Paradise " seeds coming next week, would you like a few of them. One question though, do they really take 5-7 years to flower?

gosh I hope not, I got 3 kinds of the BOP's in germinating now the white, yellow, and the gold

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Rodger, they're just a variety of Strelitzia reginae and take no longer to come to bloom than other BOPs. unless of course, you don't make exception to the one seed I put in a part-shade spot that has only produced a couple of leaves and is only 5 inches tall after three years - - other than that it one weirdo, it should only take a couple years to see flowers. just be sure to give them more sun than i gave that one and goose 'em with water (they like moist).

check my DG garden blog if you need a guide for germinating Strelitzia seeds. and, yes thank you, i would love to have a few seeds if you feel you can spare them.

no need for more billy-goats at this time . . . now the post office is telling me my bubble padded seed packets have to have 64˘ postage instead of 61˘. i bought a mess of penny stamps so i'm set for surcharge stamps for now. at least the 64˘ stamp is pretty - it features a jumping dolphin; and the 3˘ has a pot of coffee (from the 18th century - betcha that's really strong coffee!).

atbty! ~ Łaz

Thumbnail by LazLo

Got my seeds on Sat. will send them out on Monday, I also got some of the Nicolai ( White ) and some reginae ( orange ) if you would like some of those. This is going to be a true test of my sanity, ever since I was 8-9 I have always wanted a Bird of Paradise plant. I think it stems from some deep underlining love for Millie Casey ( I woman I used to babysit for ), she had one sitting in the middle of her kitchen table, I don't know which I thought was more beautiful, the plant or Millie but the idea of getting one ( the plant ) always stuck in my mind. So now 50 some odd years later I have to have one, I even bought one the other day from " Stokes Tropicals " plus I ordered the seeds just to see if I could grow my own. The plant from Stokes is 30" would you have an idea of how old it might be? They didn't specify it's age only it's height. One other thing should I take off the fuzzy orange part before I ship them or leave them on for you to remove?

Rodger

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

leave the fuzzy on - - it is only supposed to be removed just before soaking

Sent my envy and your seeds this morning.

Got a very nice card yesterday, the reindeer would fit in here just nicely, another 5" of snow last night. Can't even see the cold frame now. Planted my BOP's last night, hope they make it. "Stokes" was reluctant to send Plant because of the freezing temps. Guess I'll have to wait until spring or the seeds sprout. Have a nice holiday.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

yes Lazlo, got a reindeer card too. Thank you. You are so sweet. Merry Christmas to all and a happy and prosperous New Year!

May your travels be safe and your visits warm this holiday season everybody

got my seeds Sat. thanks so much, hope you had a Joyful Holiday.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

LazLo, do you have any more of your Texas Sabal Palm, for SASE.
If so may I have some, I can send SASE with your OK.
Thank you Gale

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

OK, Gale.

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Hello Don, Thank you so much for all the seeds.
I received them yesterday.
Gale

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I only have a few hundred thousand of these seeds left, so send your request in real soon, alright?     ;--)

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Howdy, Y'all!

I'm actually using my DG blog where I'm starting to record all sorts of esoteric gardening and cooking BS. Check it out, often  »  http://davesgarden.com/community/blogs/m/LazLo/

Yesterday, I baked a yummy new recipe for Carrot Ginger Wheat Germ Bread . . . When I get the HTML for it marked up, I'll post it to my DG blog. Folks who are watching their calories, etc. can enjoy these recipes if they do so in limited amounts. But i've also got recipes to post which can be enjoyed without freaking out over carbs or calories.

But for now, I've gotta go whip up some tequila-lime marinade for tonight's tilapia broil . . .

Oh, yeah!   I also have loads of Texas Sabal Palm seeds left!

ATBTY !       ~       Łaz

Thumbnail by LazLo

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.