Which is this cream colour spider?

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

The other day I noticed this on my shirt sleeve. I don't know from where it hitch-hiked on me. Which is this hairy legged spider? Each time I went close to it for a macro shot, it would jump up on the lens and sit!

Thumbnail by Dinu
Sinks Grove, WV

This is a jumping spider (family Salticidae); it bears some resemblance to a Telamonia sp. see http://tinyurl.com/yzqljzr for an example.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh...I love jumping spiders. We have a chunky little black one w/ white spots that's just too cute.

(Zone 7a)

We get those, too, Red.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Aaaawww, aface only a mother could love....LOL

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

That is the Cutest Spider I have ever seen, and I love it.

(Zone 7a)

Which one? I, personally, like the little yellow one Dinu posted. Mine is cute but the other is cuter.

Oh I like them both so much.. I love jumping spiders..

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

My friends think I'm nuts when I'm playing with spiders.

mine too.. we just love Gods creatures big and small.. right?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

they get all squeely and girlie when I play with the jumpers

(Zone 7a)

ROTFLOL

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

*G*...but I don't like no stinking grasshoppers touching me

(Zone 7a)

They are fun to play with. The spiders, I mean. The grasshoppers are no fun.

grasshoppers are just spider food to me.. heh

(Zone 7a)

LOL

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I like praying mantis but I won't touch those....or at least the adults. The babies are fun to play with.Since becoming a gardener,I have learned to live with and even enjoy most of Mother Nature's children...except copperheads and writing spiders. Writing spiders mostly because I always run into their webs in the dark while out with my dog....then run squealing across the yard flailing at my head in fear of having the spider on my head*G* They're just to big to be playing with...EUW! I do have my squealy girly moments too.

(Zone 7a)

I think we all do, Red. LOL My most recent one came a couple of days ago. I felt a crawly on my in the basement and thought "spider". We have lots of wolf spiders. So, I go to pluck him off and put him outside and...It's an earwig!!! Eeeew! Yup, squealed like a girl!

hmmm earwig? i will have to look that one up! never have heard of those here..

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

ACK!

(Zone 7a)

Not quite what I said but close! LOL

Blytheville, AR(Zone 7a)

Does anyone remember the Twilight Zone show where the guy was having painful and tortureous headaches? Come to find out an earwig had gotten in his ear and was working its way through the head to the other ear. The pain finally stopped and the doctor said it has emerged from the other ear. Had chewed its way painfully through to the other ear. He was relieved until he found out it was female and had laid eggs in his head!!!!!!Ackkk, I always loved twilight Zone.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

ACK....and double ACK!
Twilight Zone...the original or other?

(Zone 7a)

It was actually a Night Gallery. I remember that one. I think it was called The Caterpilar.

Where did you go, Dinu?

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I sat over this thread for nearly one and half years. I have found one or two jumping spiders too in the meantime. Will dig up the database in my PC and show. I'll try to identify that too.

Here is a picture.

Thumbnail by Dinu

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.