The dentist

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

A man goes to his dentist because he feels something is wrong in his mouth.
The dentist examines him and says, "That new upper plate I put in for you six months ago is eroding.. What have you been eating and have you changed your diet significantly in any way since your last visit to me?"
The man replies, "All I can think of is that about four months ago, my wife cooked some asparagus and she put some stuff on it that was simply delicious, called Hollandaise sauce. I loved it so much I now put it on everything --- meat, toast, fish, vegetables, everything."
"Well," says the dentist, "that's the problem. Hollandaise sauce is made with a lot of lemon juice, which is highly corrosive. And it has eaten away your upper plate. I'll make you a new plate, and this time I'll use chrome."
"Why chrome?" asks the patient.

To which the dentist replied: "Everyone knows that there's no plate like chrome for the Hollandaise!"

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!