Thoughts about Compost

Frankfort, KY(Zone 6a)

I found this link in the Joke Form, worth reading, don't forget the second page.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1061478/

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

rentman - personally, I would have "followed that truck" to find out where he got his booty :)

I loved this so much, I sent the link to my brother in England. He, and I, are into all things natural.

Frankfort, KY(Zone 6a)

My biggest comes from Rabbit Poo
I only have 2 breeding does and a buck, but before I 'put the 14 teenagers in the freezer' I was dumping the trays every 3 days. I can dump it right in the garden.
Great stuff, I also make a weak 'Poo tea' from it and use it in the GH and on the house plants. No smell.
Or maybe it just My Nose ^_^

Dwight

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

Dwight, I had rabbits many, many moons ago, and I don't remember their "poo" smellling, either. And, as you said, it can be used immediately. Loved those little pellets :) I would purchase Timothy hay from a feed store across the street for them. The store is gone now :(

Frankfort, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Honney, this is horse country and I cannot find Timothy hay year round here, but they get it when available $8 bale, It been the feed suppliers and I have an extra bale in storage.

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

rentman - it's good that you have a place to store your Timothy. I don't plan on having rabbits again, but if I did, I haven't any idea where to look for hay for them. I do see "rabbit food" in the grocery store, but haven't looked at the label to see what it's composed of.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.