What's for dinner? Pt 2

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Bill did you get burnt with the pressure cooker again?

get it?? smoked shoulder...hee hee

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Chicken,rice,carrots and dumplings and gravy. Yum Bill. LOL Jen.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yes i get it - not that slow yet

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

How do you make it, Bill?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

rinse it a few times to wash off the salt - oven at 325 in a cast iron pot with cover on and a cup of water addede and bake it fat side up for 4 hrs -

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Oh, Bill. You got me drooling.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Victor, scrounge means fend for yourself or whatever you can find in the cupboard.
Steak tonight

I know - just kidding, Lucy!

Bill - thanks. What's going with it?

Thomaston, CT

Went to a church dinner----pork roast which was very tasty---wish I knew how they got it so tender. My Gram always made pork shoulder---I've never tried it.

Yummy, Robin. Love pork.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Had pork and applsauce last night, tonight it's chicken fajita's.

Love that combo of pork and applesauce!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

thx harper - first time i made it usually the better half does it - she called a few times to make sure i started it on time (i was late because of the hike, big deal) - like i said very easy to make.

what we usually do is carrots and potatoes on the side - tonight though it was a stand alone - i had some with mustard and might make a little sandwich later.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Turkey breast, stuffing, mashed taters.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I find that no matter how you prepare a pork tenderloin roast it is always tender.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

pizza tonight

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I made some pork loin shish kabobs last night.. they were marinated in honey bbq sauce

Pork was popular last night. We had soup.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Salad...at the desk...at work :-(

South Hamilton, MA

Bought clam chowder (chowdah) for tonight.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Something with ground beef for tonight. Haven't decided yet.

Pork tenderloin.

Please share your favorite beers and wines here too. I like to try new ones. For wines, I'm generally into reds, but will have an occasional white like a Riesling. Like cabs, merlots and pinotage. Not sweet, but not overly dry is what I go for.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

DH is the beer expert. He cycles through a bunch of favorites. Lately he's into the I.P.A. types. This month he's bought a lot of Harpoon. I just love their packaging design, lol.

I like wine on occasion. I don't like white wine. Dry red is more my style, but currently I'm looking for wine that doesn't make me feel ill after the first glass.

North Augusta, ON

Interesting threads these are. I'm getting lots of ideas and thinking I need to eat better!

Yesterday we had left over beef stew. Today it's chicken in the crock pot and mashed potatoes.

I've given up trying to find a wine I can drink, used to love the stuff but like you I now feel ill after a glass.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

quickly have a second glass and you will forget about the first

victor what is your wine price range? we are usually in the $10-$20 per bottle and australian shiraz - a good one is an australian shirazz called boarding pass and another called fettish (seriously) that is good both are around $18. four sisters is $12 and good as well - greg normans's i like too.

as for beer i bought a case of Costco's Kirkland brand german beers - surprisingly they were pretty good - 4 different flavors.

North Augusta, ON

has anybody ever tried the icewine and brandy mix? it was one of my all-time favourites...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

We don't do wine, I'm don't usually drink much one bad tequila episode and that was it for me. ☺

Hubby is the beer expert. Hacker-Pschorr is his fav. He buys the seasonal flavors usually.
I had a blueberry beer from a micro brewery in Mainer once, that was real good, don't bother to ask the name, I totally don't remember.

Thanks Bill. I like shirazz. That's my range too, though for 'everyday', I like some of the box wines. They have gotten much better. Almaden is pretty good. I drink at least two glasses a night so that can add up fast!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Jen, where's Mainer? This one? I love the name!!
http://www.sebagobrewing.com/beers_blueberry.php

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

lol, Celeste, that's what happens when you're opening mail, typing and talking to your kids all at the same time.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

IDK the label doesn't look familiar

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I should use my crock pot more often. Glad to know I'm not alone about the wine thing Lee Anne. Bill, that's funny. Okay. I'll try it. I'll report back! I'll have to tell DH about the Costco beer.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the beer is a bit cheaper too

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I haven't the foggiest idea what I'm making for dinner

North Augusta, ON

Hubby's in the process of turning the leftover piece of chicken and crock pot juices into chicken noodle soup which will be tomorrows dinner.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Baked BBQ Chicken, brown rice and roasted brussel sprouts.

Never had pork shoulder...what's it like?

North Augusta, ON

I think it's the best cut. It's like the dark meat of pork.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

It's delicious! (lol) I oven roast it uncovered in a roasting pan, on a rack to drain the fat as it cooks. Leftovers good for 'Cuban sandwiches' too!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

WC thank you! i'll make a cuban tomorrow!

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Used to a sandwich every now and then in Coral Gables Fla. - (made by real Cubans lol) Great place I used to know had lines going out the door. - Ohh man were they good! They added a slice of cooked green pepper, (some people up north here use a slice of pickle). Great stuff!

Edit: The green pepper was fire-roasted, then sliced lengthwise.

This message was edited Dec 14, 2009 7:46 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.