What's for dinner? Pt 2

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

The fresh haddock was on sale at Hannafords for 5.99 lb, so I had to get some. I usually only buy it on sale. I would love to eat it once a week but the way I eat it is probably not so healthy. I put a stick of butter in the stuffing. : ) In the summer I do a marinade on it and grill it in a special contraption my dh got for me. That is really good too.
Just made the dd's favorite... Tacos. Dh will not be happy.

My typing isn't so good tonight.

This message was edited Dec 8, 2009 6:10 PM

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Not dinner but dessert. I think I read someone questioning this in the recipe forum but didn't see a posted recipe. Thought I'd try it anyway. I made an inside out german chocolate cake and it was great.

1 pkg Duncan Hines dark chocolate cake mix
1 4 oz pkg instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup water
4 eggs

mix all and beat 2 minutes
pour 2/3 batter into greased bundt pan
pour 1 can coconut pecan frosting (or make your own) in center of batter all around the bundt pan. Completely cover the frosting with remaining batter. Be careful to keep frosting in center and batter surrounding frosting so it doesn't leak. Bake at 350 until done - 45-60 minutes - I don't remember how long it took. Cool a few minutes before turning out of pan.
It is very moist and very good. I have a rose shaped bundt pan so it was very pretty too.

By the way, I took half this cake to the office as I knew we wouldn't eat it all. I left it on the middle of the break room table. A little while later I noticed it was off to the side on another table, but there was still a plate of cookies on the table. I thought that was wierd and moved it to the counter by the coffee pot thinking someone needed the table. Later on a co-worker said she hid it to save it for her meeting that afternoon but didn't hide it well enough.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Ric that sounds yummy! I love my potaotes w/their jackets on, especially if they are the baby reds!!

Jerk Shrimp (to much jerk it's spicey!), pan fried swordfish, petite pea's w/pearl onions, red beans & rice. I got to craving fish with all the talk of it so DH went and bought me some and he's cooking the swordfish for me too, he's a good man. ^_^

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Sounds yummy, Deb!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

YUM Deb!!!

Thomaston, CT

It does sound yummy, Debi----I guess I'm with Bill's wife on the fish, but don't think I could eat just broccoli for dinner. I didn't cook again tonight--I knew this was going to be a bad week---stopped for eggplant pizza slice & I did make a salad---raisin rice pudding for dessert.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DH made pork chops, rice and green beans. Glad I don't have to cook on the nights I do barn chores!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I would saute the broccoli with some garlic in olive oil and serve over penne.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that is how we do broccoli jen - and we also bake the potatoe fries

Thomaston, CT

That's exactly the way the broccoli will be served tonight---but no penne---pork chops, & sweet potatoes, & homemade applesauce.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

chicken breast tonight

Spanish rice with black-eyed peas. (Not the group.)

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I love the Black-eyed Peas...the group--not the legume ^_^

I love Fergie.

We had at least 8" of snow today. School was cancelled and I took the kids out to play. So now I'm being lazy and cooking us frozen dinners. I'm having a Hungry'man Clasiic Chicken and the kids are having Kid Cuisine Nuggets (it has to be the one with pudding - which is the only part they usually eat!) lol ;)

We had our holiday lunch at work today of prime rib and mashed potatoes with cheesecake for dessert then an IEEE dinner tonight of roast beef, salmon, baked potato and cheesecake. I may never eat again. Til tomorrow.

Wow - carnivore!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

wish i was there

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Sounds yummy

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

We had a x-mas party last night and the kids got pizza. It's another party tonight and potluck.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Bison burgers

We joined a restaurant supply(not like a BJ'S or Sam's but a true restaurant supply, you need to own a company) They sell all kinds of stuff from chairs, napkin despensers to US Prime, fish, etc. Hubby forgot the cooler when he went today but came home with some bison and a whole us prime filet.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

What a deal Jen! Sound like enough good eating for a week.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Jen, have you had Bison burgers before? I had them a while back and thought they were real "gamey" tasting....mind over matter?

Hot sausage and ravioli tonight.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I do buy ground bison and thought it tasted exactly like beef.

Thomaston, CT

I have to admit we went out to eat again today---treat for my Mom, & one less night to cook---the cooking isn't bad, but I hate to clean up----my DH used to do that, but can't anymore, so I'm stuck.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH7q-jVKx-M

Thomaston, CT

Cute---those stuffed cabbages looked good---I've never seen them without sauce.

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Thanks Jen. A friend of mine used to make those stuffed potatoes. They are to die for. I had forgotten all about them. Have to go find the recipe.

Lately seeing a bunch of receipes with Thyme. The one spice I have never used.

I like it.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I rub pork loin with thyme.

Pizza tonight

Thomaston, CT

Spareribs, sauerkraut, potato & onion casserole---guess it's a Dagwood special.

We went for an all you can eat peirogi dinner, DH ate 17. There were various fillings.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Leftover pizza.

We would love an all you can eat peirogi dinner

We ordered out for pizza, one cheese for the little ones and a bacon & pineapple. Mmmm : )

Chili.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Scrounge.

Related to Scrooge?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

smoked shoulder

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.