Is this Bellisimo?

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm starting to have some mislabelled bulbs. This is from Easy Grow Bulbs labelled Melusine. Not even close! Its a small flowered (10-11 cms) pink and white , a little more trumpet shaped than most, 6 buds on the 30 cm scape. It's not Pink Accent, which has some darker pink accents. Could this be Bellisimo?

Thumbnail by bsharf
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Another photo.

Thumbnail by bsharf
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

It's not Bellisino.
This is my Bellisimo.

Thumbnail by Sunshinesw
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I agree with you, cause the petal shape isn't quite right. So what it this pretty unknown cultivar?

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

I don't know what it is but sure is pretty.

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

another Bellisimo

Thumbnail by gone2seed
Ewing, VA

ETG is having issues on mislabeled bulbs I guess. My Santos turned out Santa Cruz. Anybody else got this result from ETG's Santos??? Time to email Kathlene.

Bsharf...Could this be Estella? I have given up on acquiring this variety until I see one bloom here in USA. Last season, both Estellas from KVB and ETG were Amourettes. Which reminds me, Kathleen did not refund me or take away that amount from my bill as she said she would. Something to add on my email. LOL!!!

Hey, we paid good money on these bulbs. And at regular price that is. Then add the shipping cost. They are priced wayyyy above the big box store's hippies. We buy them to get the variety we want and not mislabels or replacements even if they are pretty. If we are given a credit, it is only for the value of the bulb. What about the shipping cost we paid for that bulb? I paid $50 plus for my ETG bulbs!!! Gezzzzzz...

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

It might be Estella. I ordered both Estella and Melusine from EGB, so perhaps I reversed the tags when I potted the bulbs. The other bulb hasn't come out of dormancy yet. I hope that it is Estella, cause that would be a new variety for me.

Ewing, VA

Bsharf...I researched on Estella. I guess your mislabeled Melusine is not Estella either. I found this picture in Taiwan website. Finally a picture of a true Estella in bloom.

Thumbnail by mariava7
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Darn it, it's still a pretty mystery cultivar! Maybe someday it can be identified.

Madison, WI

Hello bsharf,
I think I have the exact Hippeastrum you have here, also from Easy to Grow Bulbs. I was wondering myself if it is Bellisimo, but I don't quite think so (although judging from online pictures, that looks like the closest bet of the ones I have seen). Mine was supposed to be Estella - I'm almost certain it is NOT Estella. It is very beautiful -
(I have to admit I am still curious about how the Estella would have looked "in real life", though!)
Laura

Madison, WI

Here is my amaryllis/hippeastrum from Easy to Grow that was labeled "Estella" - maybe it is, but it looks to me more like Bellisimo or something similar...

Thumbnail by lauraja
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

That's exactly what I had from Easy to Grow Bulbs. Maybe they know what it is.

Ewing, VA

Will try to give it's proper ID hopefully soon. I just want to be 100% sure and see this one with my own eyes.

Madison, WI

I sent a picture to Kathleen at ETG. She really likes it, and hopes to find out what it in case they want to order it (intentionally!) :) They are trying to get some mislabeled bulbs from their grower straightened out - will try again to send me a 'real' Estella w/a future order...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.