Where did every one go !!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Or are you all as busy as I am ?? what with Christmas and extra work I'm not on as much ;0( then theres the new puppy (Chewy ) It seems like theres just no time after work dinner dishes and all the other things that go on this time of year Soooo what are you up to ??? hope to* see* all of you after things slow down a bit ;0) Missing every one !!!!
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Seems like not enough time to go around this time of the year.

Got up early yesterday to really clean the house. (hasn't been done right since before hunting season, oct 1) I sneezed my way through it. Then shower, go into town and get some photos made for my mom's birthday, 86. Run to Kohls in Midland and fight the crowd. Got some good deals and checked out right away. Only till after, did I notice there was a huge line of people waiting to check out on the other side and wrapped around the store. I am lucky I didn't get shot, cutting in like that. So if any of you all were in line, sorry, I really didn't see it. I felt bad, but my inner child was high five-ing my ignorance.

Then it was to the dollar store and to my old boss's house to try on some of her hand-me-down clothes. Then home to walk the dog. (this was 2pm) Still was plenty to do! I felt like wonder woman, packing it all in a morning.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I have to do all that on Tuesday my day off ;0( I hate long lines too !!
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm here. Life is rather slow paced at my place. This morning I woke up to a snow covered winter wonderland. I'd say we have about an inch or maybe a little less so far. I hear we're getting a lot more tomorrow and Wednesday. My crown came off my tooth last Thursday and this morning I'm going to have it cemented back on. I did all my Christmas shopping online so no mad running around the malls in the crowds for me. I do plan to stop in the local grocery today and pick up some coffee cream and bread. We'll just hunker down and watch television, play on the computer and trudge out to the barn to feed the kittens and the chickens.

We have one hurt chicken. Somehow she hurt her leg. We don't know how. Hubby was right there in the exercise run feeding them when she squawked so loud. He turned around and she was laying down with one leg splayed out in front of her. He thought at first she broke it. Nothing much we can do other than isolate her. She's all snug inside a small coop inside the big coop inside the barn. She has her own food, water, nesting boxes and heat lamp. We haven't be out to check on her yet this morning but last evening she was eating and drinking which is a good sign. She won't put weight on that leg though. She sort of coos at me in a whiney way as if she's telling me how bad it hurts. I sure hope she mends OK. We've got attached to our chickens.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Poor chicken. I hope she feels better!

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I hope your chicken mends. My rooster, Mr.Bocker, one of our puppies (I think did it) probably caught
him and ran around with him, and broke his lower leg foot. It grew back malformed and he limps
terribly, over the last year and a half. I think we might stew him this winter. Poor thing. We got two
more baby roosters coming along now, and I think it might be time for poor dear Mr. Bocker to
go into the freezer. He had a good life. His hip is broke too I think, when he walks, the foot doesn't
touch the ground, but makes a walking motion through the air above the ground. so sad. He also,
doesn't/can't cover the hens, but he does what he can to round them up and show them where the
best food is, and keep them somewhat subdued and bossed around a little. He is a gentle and
really good rooster. I am sorry that he is hurt like that, and never healed.

All our critters, except horses are inside, on straw. The pigs are tucked in new barn in their straw
bed with a heat lamp, and only come out to poo and eat/drink. They run right back into the straw
grunting and whining the whole time. Cute!

The ducks and chickens are happy, we opened the back section of their chicken house,
so there is an additional 4 by 10 foot area for them to squat in and yack. The water is up
on the heater and they have two dishes of food, corn middlings and ground sweepings that the
ducks love, and pellet stuff for the hen chicks and chickens.

The horses are out, with a bale of hay, twice a day, Joy in her turnout, and Ollie in his thick
sticking out fur. He is the fuzzball. He also stands downwind of Joy, she is 18.2 hh and Ollie
uses her as his private wind block.

Our stove is going full time now, and the house is way cozy. I love it.
Regards to everyone
sheri

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I was prepared to try to set her leg today. I carried her into the bunkhouse and examined her leg. I couldn't tell where it was broken. She was so calm and didn't fight me at all. I just gave up and called the vet who told me to bring her in. He said her leg is broken up high and the break is surrounded by muscle. He said it would heal all on it's own and to just keep her confined and away from the other birds. I got teased at the office and lots of jokes about making her into dinner. :) He only charged me $10 and it was worth it for my peace of mind. She's not in bad pain now and is eating good. She even laid me an egg this morning. He did suggest giving her a little extra oyster shell calcium so the bone will be healed strong. She was so quiet in her open box on the back seat of the van. You'd think she was used to traveling all the time. She didn't seem the least bit stressed out not even at the vet's office. She's in her own coop and has a nice heat lamp in there so she'll be warm and cozy and won't have to fight the other hens for food or water.

Waiting for the big snowstorm to hit. I'm in Arenac county. I'm supposed to be at the doctors in Tawas in the morning at 8:20. I told them if it's bad I'm cancelling but will let them know by 8. I'm just going for a shot in my knee. It can wait. Who knows. Maybe it will miss us or not be so bad. The weathermen get you half scared to death talking about these storms days ahead of time. We're all ready for whatever comes our way.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

well we got about 6-7 inches right now and its still snowing !!! Chewy was not impressed by all this his first snow he only stands 9 inches tall but after I walked out in it he thought it was safe and went potty ;0) so cute the little mister will plough a path for him to day I'm sure cuz thats his little buddy !!! I told him he better say way clear of the flower beds or there both going to be in deep popo
Gloria

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Okay now we have freezing rain I hate driving in the freezing rain !!!! good thing its only 3 miles to work ;0(
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

DH had the day off today. He is out plowing for me right now. He will also clean off the truck for me to drive instead of the car. What a great guy. Looks like we got about the same amount of snow.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

you be careful on the roads its pelting rain now hard it should be fun driving even if it is only 3 miles I hope I can get out of my court thats all ways a chalenge in the winter !!!
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks, you too.

I think I will be ok, most the roads I drive they don't plow right away, at least the snow makes them stick better!

I drive 11 miles, not too bad.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It's a bit after 6 a.m. here. Our power went out around 4 a.m. Good thing we have a standby generator that powers the whole house. The barn isn't on it though and neither is my garage. My cars are inside the garage with automated door operners. Guess I won't be going to Tawas for my shot in the knee today. I have no idea how much snow we have. It's stil real dark outside. I know something hard was hitting the house around 3 and that woke us up. Sounded like Santa and all his reindeer were up there stomping around. :) Glad I don't have to get out and drive anywhere. The AuGres schools are closed as well as the surrounding areas.

Guess we'll just sit here and watch TV, listen to the radio and play on the computer. :0

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

WOW what a ride to work hope I dont have to do that to often its 3 miles and took me 30 min. I think I'll be doing more sliding in the morning !!! Chewy decided if dad and mom can go out in the snow its probubly all right now he will play for a while ;0)
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im around just keeping busy!

Millington, MI(Zone 5b)

I've been hiding under a blanket on the couch. It was so cold last Thursday and Friday that we could only get the house up to 56 degrees.I work outdoors, so there was no escaping that bitter cold. Todays high of 35 seems almost balmy. ; )

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

it is a little warmer to day I feel sorry for any one who has to work out side this time of year I know that theres no way I could !!!
Gloria

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Well Gloria,
I was outside all day Friday putting in the ground about 100 pots that have sat on my driveway all summer!!
I got so far behind that i was afraid of losing all my stuff. But I braved the cold and got all but 3 trees planted.
It was a job but i had to do it or face major losses. I was so busy working all summer i had no time until last week to get the rest of my planting done.
I have more to get into my basement as the garage is also full of stuff to get in. That is what I have been doing for the last week.
Potting, planting, bringing in stuff ( mandevillas, coleus, Hibiscus, Geraniums, etc.!)
I am exhausted. Just taking a break.
My coleus cuttings are already growing pretty well. Here is a picture of some of them.
I have a full rack and several more trays on my bench. I potted up about 18 flats.
About 12 have survived.
Did you all bring in your winter stash?
I have so much overwintering that my purchases next spring will be small.
Oh well you can always wish!
Julie

Thumbnail by jazzzy704
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Julie,

Aren't you a bit late bringing stuff in and planting? We had some bitter cold temps in the low teens here that would have killed anything that wasn't in the ground. I brought in my ornmental grass and geraniums back in October I think. I hope you didn't lose anything. Looks like you have a lot of cuttings to babysit this winter. I gave up doing much of that. Everyone has to fend for himself. :)

I do remember planting bulbs out one year through the snow. Learned my lesson. ha ha ha

Glad it's warmer in the 30's now and not so windy. Hope it stays this way for a while.

Brenda

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

Julie was out there with a electric blanket for all her plants, thats how they stayed warm and toasty! LOL

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I was done planting in late October and have my brugs in the house now I dont know how they will do as this is my first year with them and I know next to nothing about them but I hope they make it there growing so I think thats a good sign Julie you would have to have a heating blanket out there to keep YOU warm ;0)
Gloria

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Sher, love hearing about your critters.
I'm busy with the usual.
These days puter time seems to be mostly on Facebook playing Farmville & Bejeweled.
Come on over and join the fun!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm on FB too only I cant get to my farm !!! so its all ways dieing ;0( i NEED MY GRAND SON TO COME OVER AND FIX IT FOR ME !!! I'm Gloria Levely on F.B.
Gloria

South Boardman, MI

Heck 3 1/2 weeks ago, I was transplanting Hosta in my new. rock garden along the road. Now it is buried under 3 feet of snow. Maybe less if it melted. Tonights supposed to be about 0., maybe 2

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It is 14 degrees out right now at almost 11:30 p.m. at my house. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh, it is cold alright.

Told DH, "it got winter all of a sudden and we are just not used to it yet"

He replied "Christine, you NEVER get used to 10 below zero!"

He is correct, of course.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

just came in with Chewy we were not out 5 min and his little feet were soooo cold poor baby I thought about boots for him but I dont think he would keep them on ;0) he so loves to be out side ;0(
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I think our lowest was 8 degrees during the night. I'm fixing to go to the barn to check on the chickens and kittens. I hope they aren't frozen. We do keep a heat lamp on for the chickens. Their water has a light bulb on it so it won't freeze. I do feel sorry for them though. We have to pick up our eggs before they freeze also.

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

My thermometer is reading "brrrr"

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria...
Re. your Farmville issues:
* Update your Adobe Flash Player
* Delete your temp. internet files
* Try accessing FV via http://farmville.com/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.