Compassion for handicapped gardeners #9

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

WOW, #9. We are really hanging in there for each other. I know this is making GOD happy as it is like HE is able to use each of us to reach out to others for HIM. Its is like being HIS hands and heart to each other.

Carrie, the vehicle incident? All ok now? I think I remember something being forgotten when it needed renewing? I need to go back and reread that post.

Scraps is having computer problems. I pray she gets it fixed quickly.

BirdieBlue, good to be hearing from you again.

It has been a typical Sat. for me. Exhausted and taking all day to do 45 min. work. I was folding clothes and putting things in various bags to go to my pastor's wife, nursing homes, different drawers, etc. About 3 loads of washing and some stuff from the store took all day to sort and put where it belongs. Now I have 2 more loads to get put away. They are in a big basket where they will stay. I just cannot do any more today. TV is on but I'm feeling the need to just get into my 'jammies and go to bed way early. Only problem with that is waking up way too early tomorrow and not being able to go back to sleep.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Leaf, good to hear you post.I missed Sherri,s i'll have to go back and read it.
Thanks for starting a new thread.
Do you ever think about how your volunteer work will help someone-a real person-And that is what makes the Lord happy.Sometimes i have to back up and think.I do whatever for my neighbor because it's what makes Him happy and my neighbor too.
Its late. Guess i oughta quit for the night.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Yes, everything I do is for the extending of GOD's hand. The volunteer work at the cafe' makes things go so much smoother and easier for all of that part of my extended family. They can't afford to pay someone to hold my position but I know they really, really need someone to do it. I'm also the only one who will look for cleaning to be done & do it without being told. The whole family over there other than the one son in law has health issues. Especially the parents and youngest DD. One man who helps them almost daily has serious health problems & lots of chronic pain. He is basically working off his rent & utilities in the campground. We are a bunch of sick people helping to keep each other going. lol

I work thru a government Title V job at the thrift store. We get minimum wage and right now are allowed/required 18 hours a week. I use to do just cleaning but then they hired someone else to do part of that so I can do laundry, stock shelves with brickbrac, etc. I still do some cleaning. Keeping the vacuum sweepers working has fallen to me more by choice than anything else. I am also the only one who will do really good cleaning on them. GOD provided us with 2 really nice new Bissells last year and if they are maintained properly they will last for a long time. If not they will only be around for a few weeks. The other woman & I work on Wed. together but then I work on M & F & she works T & T.

I told GOD a while ago that if I am to get to services this morning I am going to need a lot of help from him. I feel as tho I'm getting it. Ask and you shall recieve. Delight yourself in the LORD and HE will give you the desires of your heart. I'm hanging onto those as well as claiming victory over these spinal issues. I am dressed and ready to walk out the door but have had no energy and am really stiff and achy this morning. I only get dressed once in the mornings because that is all the energy I have. So I have to stay clean once I put on my church clothes.

I have really been able to cut down on the amount of pain meds I take since being prayed for at church. I've almost totally given up one - Tramadol - and take only a couple Excedrin each day. Once in a while I feel like I just have to take 1/2 a Percocet because I can't seem to rise above the discomfort. But that is seldom and the effects may last for 1 1/2 to 3 days.

I have a small round laundry basket of clothes to take to my pastor's wife(size 16). What she can't use or doesn't want I hope she can find someone who does want them. They are items that just didn't sell for some reason at the store. One never really knows what will and what won't sell. Something some of think is very nice will hang on the racks for weeks and finally be removed to be sold to another group to do with as they please. We get those items free. I also went thru my clothes(size 8 -10)again yesterday and removed all slacks without pockets, about 8 pairs, some tops and sweaters I will not be using. Those will go to nursing homes in the area. I know the staff will get some of them but I don't care. Nurses aides don't get paid that much and if it will give some of them clothes they need it is fine with me. I have a large laundry basket of those.

Time to get moving. GOD bless and keep each of you.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

What a blessing yoour gift of clothes will be to the recipients.
We have a "Blessing room" at my church for gently used clothing. Its the best shop in town!

Hugs all around,

Sheri ^_^

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sheri, that's a great idea! Especially for kids' clothes...

We also have a food pantry. Often when other agencies cannot assist, they will refer the people in need to us.
they always hear the good news of Jesus love and have the opportunity for prayer along with their other needs.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

BB, what a wonderful ministry your church has. I wish more churches did that. Mine use to but I don't know if it is still going. I think we now just do grocery showers but we haven't done one for a while that I remember. I'll have to check into the pantry ministry. I know some churches in the area say their churches don't do that because there are agencies in town that take care of that. I strongly disagree but I have found my arguments fall on deaf ears.

If anybody wants to hear some wonderful bible teaching. Our site has about 7 years of Pastor David's teachings archived AND WE ARE ON LIVE (oops - caps) during the Sunday morning & afternoon services. We have just gone to 3 on Sun @ 8, 10:15 & 12:30. The address is CalvaryChapeloftheTriad.com and is seen world wide, now thru both the internet and HIS Channel.

Here is a link to our site http://www.reachthetriad.com/newsdetail.php

This message was edited Dec 6, 2009 10:58 PM

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Leaf, Sounds like you have great family working together like that. What would alot of people do without the churches and faith based groups now? Other agencys are being swamped with applications.Leaf tell your church to ask around. Seems like there is more need everyday.I've noticed too that alot of people who gave so much now are some of the needy.
Up here we're a close society and eveyone tries to chip in for people we know. New people are moving in some and not as involved tho.

Sometimes i love to give people a surprise statement.
I gave a man and a little boy some money once. I asked him to do me a favor. He said I know... you want me to go to church. I told him not exactly. "Pass this money on to someone else in need within 2 months and tell them it comes from the Lord." I think theres a chance he did. Hopefully he went to church too. Family tells me i'm too gullable,but i don't always help people but every now and then i feel i'm expected too.So i do. Everyone has to follow their own instinct.
Hey! I'm a 100% sure i've got an angel looking out for me.I act like it too.LOL
Vickie

Midland City, AL

Excuse me ladies, but I'm still catching
up.

Welcome back to cyber-space, Sheri. Nice system! I will be replacing Kay’s dinosaur for Christmas. We have to send e-mails to one another as things stand because she doesn’t have Windows 7 yet, so our systems can’t exchange information directly. Her ZoomText read aloud program also uses a lot of memory. The new system I’ve ordered will give her 4 gigs, with a possibility for 6. I wish I could upgrade the amount of memory between my own ears as easily. Good luck with re-loading and setting up. I’m still working all the kinks out of mine.

Leaflady, I hope you are able to convince other church members you are right one day. So many people fall through the cracks in the system, especially among the working poor. They make too much to be eligible for the Food Stamp program, but still struggle to make ends meet.

It was an expensive Thanksgiving for us too, Carrie. Had to go to the hospital emergency room because of a dangerously high fever caused by some botched dental work. I should have gone to a different dentist or a GP as soon as I realized something wasn’t right and the dentist I used was not listening to me. It would have been cheaper and easier on me, in the long run. Live and learn, I guess. I bet your DD will not make the mistake of driving without her license again. From what I've seen, most kids that age are space cadets.

Scraps, cleaning off my desk I found the recipe for Vinegar Sling I intended to send you months and months ago. I’ll put the recipe on your D-mail. At least you will have it to try next summer. The ladies may have a valid point about my messy desk. LOL.

The carpentry part of the LR remodel is done. Painting tomorrow. I think a back massage and a long nap are in order. Still want to sleep more than is normal for me. Have a blessed day, Everyone. (Jim)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We have 2 faithbased food pantries in this country that don't go by food stamp guide lines. Even if you are over quailified like I happen to be, if I'm having a financially difficult month I can still get everything but the government commities which seldom amounts to much. These ministries also help a person/family once every 3 or 6 months with rent, utilities, prescriptions(up to $25), etc. There are set limits on everything they help with cash wise but it is better than nothing. They are getting low on donations too I think. The thrift store makes the money to run the ministry/food bank which owns both of the buildings so has utilities, taxes, maintaniance, etc. on both of them The thrift store really needs a much larger one level building but the board doesn't see it that way. They want everything to go for the food pantry. If we had more room at the thrift store we could accept and sell more futniture, etc. and older volunteers wouldn't have to go up/down stairs like they do now. Many of us just can't do much of that. We are really packed in like sardines in a small can. lol

Must get dressed and start working up that meat.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Jim!!! You're back - we missed you. Yes, she is a SPACE CADET (caps on purpose because she's been one all her life with ADD which was just diagnosed in 11th grade). She is coming home this weekend - help!

My church collects food for a food pantry and distributes money through a fund with guidelines and trustees and investments and endowments. It's run by a social worker - but the minister and/or social worker can make emergency exceptions to the guidelines, too. I've been on the receiving end when I was a single mom. Now I'm on the giving end. :)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Welcome back Jim, I've been in a black depression funk. Have grabbed hold of myself and pulling myself up. Went to town today and that always helps.
My wrist and ankle are swollen and hurts.I have really tried to take care of them but when you live alone sometimes you just have to do things.Vonne has been sick.
My tree is up and angels and nativity scenes are everywhere. Kitty Kat has inspected everything but is very careful. I was told she'd have a ball in my tree but she has'nt gone near it.Reckon i have a boring tree? LOL
Carrie, sounds like your church runs just like our local Sal. Army.
Sorry about your daughter with ADD. Hope you have a great visit. Does anyone ever get better as they get older?
I've been lucky enough to manage without help from SA But i know things could change anytime. I have had foodstamps a couple of times.

I'm one of those on the fringes and hanging on by a thread.

The Methodist thrift store has theirs in a house but manage to keep everything on one floor.
Went to town today and will have to go back tomorrow. I was out of checks and had'nt noticed. People for some strange reason expect some money when you take things to the checkout counter.
Everyone have a restful night.
Vickie

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Carrie, I understand the ADD. Also ADHD as I have that and so do a couple of my children & at least one grandson. Another one of my grandsons is ADD. These children are brillient but you have to light a fire under ADD people to get them moving. I suspect my DH had ADD.

Must get going and make up work hours I missed yesterday because of being sick. Went to the doctor and got meds so I should be on the mend.

No Christmas going on around here that I know of. Jack always insisted that we spend that day at home and all of the children seem to feel the same way. As I get older and more tired I seem to have picked up that attitude too. Too tired from the everyday things of life much less extras. I went to youngest DD for Thanksgiving and I think that will be it for the season.

Longview, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi all,
I want to bring you a great praise report.
Our Church sponsors a sister church in Haiti. Our Lord brought us together in 1989.
Les Anglais, Haiti is a very poor village on the far Western ismus of Haiti, almost to the
end of the road.
When we first began our relationship, our brothers and sisters in the Baptist Church in
Les Anglais, barely had enough money to live, in fact there was very much poverty and signs
of starving children. Fever, diarrhea and worms were the main killers of the young people.
Average age was about 48 to 50 years. The main killer of adults are strokes caused by
high blood pressure.The diet is largely starches with little veggies.
Our church has teams that visit Les Anglais yearly for the most part. We have been able support
their school, in Haiti, no education is paid for, not even State education. Les Anglais now has
450 children attending elementary school and 160 Children in high school, one of the few high
schools out of Les Cayes, the 3rd largest city, approximately 45 miles away.
Could you imagine sending your junior high kids away to the big city for high school. with no supervision?
In Haiti this is the norm. Needless to say, when the kids leave the village, not many return.
The big cities keep getting bigger and the villages keep shrinking.
In 1997 while on a team visit we came to know a young man who was finishing up his field training
in a special education. Etienne is a, animal husbandry, agronomist and veterinary technician.
Our Lord prompted us to keep Etienne working in Les Anglais.
Today Etienne brought us a Great Report. in 1989 our brothers and sisters were barely able to
feed themselves. This fall through Etienne's efforts and the farming associations God prompted him to
establish, orders for corn, millette and black beans were filled for Port O Prince. 30 tons of black
beans, 23 tons of corn and 20 tons of millette. Isn't God Great!!
Our Children are healthy, their parents are living longer and there an aire of hope that is like a cloud
around the village.They did not have to suffer any hurricanes this year so they were able to get good
crops.
I tell people to look at ACTS in the bible to see the pattern God used with the Agronomy program in
Les Anglais. The Jews in Jerusalem began persecuting the followers of Christ so they left and spread
the Christianity all over the known world. In Etienne's case, Pastor Deusel, at the Baptist church in
Les Anglais felt threatened by the agronomy program and would not allow it on church property.
So Etienne was forced to take his ministry to the community at large. He formed farming associations
that met regularly to learn about better farming practices, Christians and non-Christians were allowed to
join, but Christ would be a central part of the program.
Please come join me in praising Our Lord and Savior for His goodness.
I will post some pictures later, I am using my laptop to post this and it doesn't have the pictures.
God Bless You all and Merry Christmas.
Paul.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2009 8:26 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

What wonderful news, Paul, thank you for telling us. I often have Haitians working for me (legally) and they always describe the terrible poverty there.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey everyone, how are you guys doing on your Christmas shopping. I have done nothing yet. I have never been so late but things just keep getting in the way of my shopping trip. I always did it early when I worked and could do some shopping on the way home from work. But I have become a hermit lately or a bear hybernating. I have been in a funk myself Vickie so do not feel you are alone in this. I do NOT like being broke at Christmas time. I have been short on money many times in my days but this is badly broke right now. If hubs does not find a job I am going to have to because I cannot take this being broke junk. I like to buy stuff online and you cannot do that if you're dead broke. Well, some do, but hubs makes me pay the total balance at the end of the month, regardless. He does not want to pay extra interest. Bah humbug!!!!! If I can't buy stuff what on earth will I do? Oh yeah, housework. Gee that is no fun. Gotta run, well, hobble along, love and Prayers, scraps.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It is wise to pay off the balance in dull each month. Did you ever calculate how much extra you're paying if you add in 10--25% interest?

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Steph, We've got to think of something for you to do for free. Go look for woodsy stuff close to your house to decorate with. I'm going to hobble out and pick some fresh pine and cedar branches.I don't know where i'll put it but want some in the house.
Buying on credit is really bad news right now.
A trip outside at night to look up at the stars is awe inspiring right now.
When i did'nt have any money to spend i'd corner my DH and rearrange furniture, even if i'd just done it.
Sit down and think of ways to drive dear ole DH nuts for a day.That does wonders for your morale.Oh and then fix him a favorite meal.
Have fun!
Vickie

Midland City, AL

And your DH will wonder what you did, are about to do or want him to do. Well, that's what I would wonder, if Kay made me a special meal and it wasn't a special occasion. You can unnerve a man doing that! (Jim)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Exactly!

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey Ya'll, I went and did a little shopping today to get a few cheap things for the kids.It did not take long to wear me out or break me moneywise. I have explained the situation and they understand but we are just going to have some fun and enjoy the new house.

Vickie, I love to bring in the outdoors for the holidays but my oldest daughter has bad allergies so I can't do pine anymore but I do holly and magnolia leaves and stuff that don't bother her much. We learned the high cost of a real cedar tree when she was 3 years old and had a rash and sneezing fits. Then one year I brought in some pine branches and both girls had sneezing fits so I have to be careful indoors. Outdoors is a whole other story. However, I have not had the energy lately but I might get my GS Bubba to help me gather a few things if he comes one day soon. I found a holly near the house with berries but I hate to get those. We will have to go further out in the woods. I remember seeing alot of them on the property when we first bought the land. I was able to do more walking then and I loved being able to wander around in the woods looking for goodies. I have a tree that looks like a type of magnolia but it has not bloomed yet. So I can get a few of those. I have got do do more research on some of these trees. I am curious about what type several really are called.

Carrie, we sure can't afford adding interest at this time for sure. I agree with you but it is not as much fun when you can't splurge and spoil them at Christmas. Especially when it has been tight all year. But I am creative enough to make it fun at least. I think I am going to type up some little booklets of fun things the grandkids and I can do throughout the year. Like a token book for a sleep over with a movie and popcorn, a campout night in the backyard with campfire and marshmallows and fun free stuff that they can cash in all through the year. Maybe use them as stocking stuffers.

As for cooking the hubs a good meal it will have to wait until I am able this shopping trip was rough on me. There was no ride on cart thingy available at the store. They were all taken at the one store that had them. I need a scooter to use for shopping but then I would need a lift built onto my car to haul it and can't afford all that even if the scooter or powerchair was free unless that is covered by medicare also? I have wondered about that. Does anybody know if it is a covered exspense? What good is the chair if you can't load and unload it into the car? Moms was extremely heavy when we moved her stuff after she had her stroke.

Have a good evening everyone. Love, Prayers, & Holiday Wishes from scraps

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wonderful holidays to you, too! Medicare *should* pay for a w/c or scooter, if your MD agrees it's medically necessary, but getting it around is all whole other issue. Amazingly, bacjk in the 80's, my hippie insurance paid for a lift - like a fork-lift built on to a trailer hitch - 100%. Unbelievable and I've never seen anything like that since, where private insurance paid for something optional like that.

however, these days they make lots of scooters and chairs that are smaller and lighter and fit into the trunk of a car and can come apart easily. I've never had one of those but have seen them advertised.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Oh scraps, i used to have so much fun playing with my G-kids.We had face painting contests. planted little pots of radishes. just made up things to do as we went outside. They liked making cookies.Young kids are easy to intertain by mamaw but never by moms. Go figure.
Looks like a lot of people are going to get snow this weekend and next week.We're not tho. I do so hope Kay will get a white Christmas tho.
Goodnight all
Vickie

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hey everyone, Thanks for the info Carrie.

Vickie, I think as we get older we know what is most important in life and fun is critical. I had fun with my kids but they did not think I was cool. My grandkids think I am cool because I am so much more fun than their other grannies. Kids form broken families have several grannies nowdays. I make sure I have some fun with them because I do not get to see them as much as I wish I could. Of course if I saw them everyday it would kill me.LOL. I act a fool and when we play shoot 'em up I make lots of noise because that is what I loved about my Aunt when I was little. She played like she was a kid too. She was a great lady. I learned alot from her. She kept a clean house but it was ok to play with playdough you just had to help clean it up. Now moms say no playdough it makes a mess. If you do it right it don't. We got out a tablecloth and cookie cutters and had a ball. KIds don't forget stuff like that either. They will talk about it for years if they have fun. I plan on having them spend the night alot when I get my shed moved and get to clean out the spare room. It is full of stuff for the storage shed. Well, I am tired and meds kicking in so goodnight all. Love and Prayers, scraps

Midland City, AL

I'll give Kay a white Christmas even if we have to drive to the mountains. Everyone should have, at least, one of those! It is usually just the two of us on Christmas Day since all the kids are grown.

I get the same thing in my stocking every year and love it. A bottle of "Northern Comfort" (maple syrup and my personal "gift certificates." Kay started giving me the latter one year when things were really tight. The certificates are good for things like "One free back massage" or "One German Chocolate cake made from scratch." (I don't like the cake mix or deli versions as much.) But, there are very useful gift certificates in there too. Such as, "Get Out of the Doghouse Free" cards. No apology required. Don't know what I would do without those. LOL.

I will try to get back to sleep now. Have a great day, everyone. (Jim)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Mapel syrup, Thats the way to my heart. Learned to love it from those yankees like Carrie, along with Boston baked beans and Boston cream pie. Did you know all their pie crusts are cakes.And oh are they good. I'm glad there is a store in the next town that sells Maple syrup. It is always a special treat and Christmas is one time i use it.
We have done the gift certificates before too. Would you beleive a promise for a load of chicken litter was pure heaven.
Steph, I never grew up either and was proud of it.
I have a confession to make.
I always hoped i could hear the animals talk on Christmas eve at midnight and i'll still go out to hear something.LOL Wonder what i'd do if i ever heard the animals talk.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Vickie, you crack me up.

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone, Vickie is a hoot! I agree. I enjoy her youthful outlook. I would love some loads of chicken litter or manure of anykind for my yard and garden. I would like topsoil and said and compost too. Santa would have to keep the sleigh busy delivering those wouldn't he. Now that I think of it I should leave him a note.

Dear Santa, I know the economy is bad this year so all I want for Christmas this year is manure. Any 'ole kind will do if it will make my yarden grow. If you would like to leave a new truck full of it I will have the hubs unload it and he can keep the truck. Unless of course, It is a really good looking Chevy truck and in that case I will have to claim it because he does not like Chevys much but I do.( hint hint). Should there be tons of bulbs buried in the manure I will gladly bury each one in perfect locations for all to see. However, I may need to borrow some of your cute little elves as my hubs does not enjoy yard work. I have been as good as the folks around me will let me be. Sometimes they really make it hard. You can leave them ashes and switches too. You know the ones, my MIL,SIL,BIL,FIL. They would like their manure on top of the house. Have a good trip south. love scraps

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL. My dad would always tell us that stuff about the switches, and as a small child I always pictured electrical switches, having no other frame of reference!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Vickie, I wish I hadn't grown up so much in the past few years. Once when Jack & I were dating I did something he must have thought was childish - again - and he asked me if I was ever going to grow up. Before I could answer him my father told him "No, she is never going to grow up". But in time I came to feel that the weight of the world was on my shoulders and I have never been able to totally rid my self of that burden.

Scraps, your letter to S. is so funny. lol I too would be thrilled with a load of manure. But in my health I don't know what I would do with it. I would probably take 3 or 4 years to use even a pickup load. Most would slowly but surely be put into my raised beds some of which are old washer tubs and dryer drums. One had to be emptied a couple summers ago because Jerusalem Artichokes had been planted in it and they had gone so deep that I could not harvest them. Some had gone so far down that they were in the soil below the tub!! They were all very small too. That tub alone might take almost 1/2 a pickup load to refill come to think of it. It's a large dryer drum.

LoneJack, that praise report makes my spirit soar to the mountain peaks. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. TO GOD BE THE GLORY, GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE. AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO.

I'm having some flu like symptoms today. I got to church and managed to stay almost all the way thru the children's program but I had been to the bathroom vomiting 3 times in less than 30 min. I felt fine when I left home. About 3/4 of the way in some quezyness started but I blamed it on a med I forgotten to take after breakfast so I had taken it on an empty stomach - or so I thought. I discovered when I started vomiting that my 6 a.m. breakfast was still in my stomach at almost 11 a.m. The stomach is suppose to empty in 2 hours so it was long overdo to be rid of my breakfast.

May you all have a blessed and joyous HOLY DAY.
EvaMae

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Leaf, Hope you don't have the flu. If you do,take care of yourself. And please take all that weight off your sholders. Let Jesus carry it all for a day while you rest.
scraps, your letter had me in stitches too,Better be careful, you're in driving distance and it would be so much fun to show up with a load of Arkansas chicken litter. The switches too. Got them everywhere.
Carrie, i can just see a stocking with electric switch plates hangng out.
Are you going to be able to dig out of all that snow before spring? You don't have to worry about a white Christmas.
To show how our family thinks,DD and i had a discussion about the possibility of Ham and dressing. I don't guess anyone has heard of it.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Folks, it's still white up here, although I'm sure by tomorrow it will be gray and slushy except on the roofs. Most places EXCEPT Boston, city of, had school today. Everyone take care of yourselves! I got h1n1 but not a good old-fashioned flu shot!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

It was likely something ate because today I was fine. Thanks for the concern.

My doctor said not to get the N1H1 shot and they don't have any reg. flu shots. Only about 1000 people have died from this new strain and over 3000 die from the reg. flu every year. It's just a huge scare tactic.

EvaMae

Lena, MS(Zone 7b)

Carrie, I would love a white Christmas so blow that old cold air this way. I would love to be snowed in for a day or two.

Hello everyone, I think I am ready for Christmas. My DD#1 will come home tomorrow night and we will have Christmas with the kids(her stepchildren whom I adore) . They will have to go to their moms house afterward. One good thing about divorced parents is double gifts and 2 or more Christmas dinners. I know there are many negatives but it is good to have at least one positive too. I raked part of my front yard from the golf cart today and the hubs and DD#2 came and helped move the big pile of leaves over to the edge of the woods. However, there was not an offer to finish the raking of the rest of the yard and I was too tired to finish so I guess it will have to do.
I hope you are all ready and have a great holiday. Guess I better check some Dmails and go to bed. Love and Prayers, Scraps

mulege, Mexico

I'm catching up cause I missed that this new thread had started.

Got bitten by a neighbor's dog yesterday - four punctures on my ankle and there will probably b a bad bruise but tendons and bones seem OK so I'm very grateful. My wonderful neighbor Dana took me to the clinic in town where a nice doctor cleaned up the blood - there was lots - bandaged it and prescribed antibiotics. Dr visit - $100; antibiotics - $14.

Sleeping a lot but not much pain. Concoling myself with a kilo of shrimp ($15) not ice cream. Ii've lost almost 40 pounds since June (thanks, birdie) and want to keep it off.

My dogs are all fine. I might have to delay my usual Santa thing for the local kids if I don't feel better. I'm too fuzzy to drive.

Happy holidays to all.

hugs, katie

mulege, Mexico

Doing better today. I've slept a lot the last few days since the bite. Not a lot of pain but a serious lack of energy, maybe from shock. I changed the bandages yesterday and the four punctures all seem to be healing well.

I'm still tired and have a little pain but healing is progressing.

Wasn't able to do my Santa thing yesterday.

Tony hasn't made it here today. The first few years I kew him he got sick every Christmas. Nothing needs to be done so I might just lie down again.

kb

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Isn't that weird, people who get sick every Christmas? My step-son gets sick every year, including this one, and I get horribly Grinchy. I know other people who get ill on holidays; I just can't think of who. My daughter is usually too sick to trick-or-treat.

Katie, I sure hope YOU are feeling 100% again soon! hugs from snowy Boston.

mulege, Mexico

Went back to bed and slept awhile. Neighbor Dana went to town and got more anitbiotics for me. I'm still too woozy to drive. I've never been bitten like that. Nipped a time or two, but never like this. That dog bit me as hard as he could and I'm still kind of reeling.

I am feeling better though, and I got a lot of the dirty dishes that have accumulated washed so I'll probably live to clean the house again.

hugs, katie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.