Garden Hoses

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Anyone tried the Jamie Durie PATIO Brand?Is supposed to have mesh nylon reinforcement for total kink resistance..so I purchased a 30m one yesterday and found while unraveling it ...it did the unthinkable,It KINKED! Today I have it spread out to lay in the sun awhile..
I am a bit reluctant now to believe any hose is totally kink resistant..but I would gladly stand to be corrected lol!

West of Brisbane, Australia

Haven't tried it, Judy. But I did buy a cheaper hose ($12-$15) that was kinked STRAIGHT OUT OF THE PACKAGING (ie it must have kinked when it was packed), and it has kinked in that spot ever since. Spreading it out in the sun only removed the kink temporarily. The wretched thing kinks in that very spot whenever I pull on the hose. I decided since then that if ever any hose I bought kinked from the packaging, I would return it ASAP. Just yesterday I bought the cheapest 15m hose available at Big W, to be used to water a small area where I wouldn't be moving around with it and so kinking it. This cheapie ($6 or so) was not kinked in the packaging ... so I reckon yours is outright faulty. If I were in your shoes, I would return it ASAP. and exchange it for another. If that kinks, return it and ask for your money back.

You are probably right cestrum...those were my exact thoughts when it happened,but by that time the shops were already closed for the day.I purchased it from Big W too .I will give it another reprieve...but am guessing it will happen again and just like you said in the same weak spot..The claim 'kink resistant' imo seems to be highly misleading...

I reckon you'll regret it for the life of the hose if you don't return it. It sounds like yours is simply faulty--definitely worth exchanging.

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

I swear,swear, swear by this hose,IMHO,it's better than sliced bread.........

Thumbnail by MyaC

The 30m hoses are shockingly expensive--much more than double the price of the standard 15m hoses. So it makes sense to get a good one. (I'm using two 15m hoses joined together as my main hose, but it's awkward.) Have been thinking about splurging out on a good 30m hose--maybe post-Christmas--so will see if I can find the Nylex Eclipse hose ...

Sounds great Mya thanks! Did you purchase it from a hardware store? BTW,great to see you back!

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

Quoting:
Did you purchase it from a hardware store?

......Mitre 10 ..........

Merino, Australia

Mya is right. No kinks. I drag mine around for one long area and the greenhouses. It just follows me around without kinking. It is much thicker than the cheaper ones and well worth the money. It feels and looks like quality.
In other areas where I need a hose, I have permanent lengths laid along the garden edge and attach with a click to a shorter length from each tap where needed . The shorter length doesn't tend to kink even with cheaper hoses and having the long piece already laid out, it stays pretty right. This way you can use the cheaper hoses.
Allt of the main garden is done with retic and drippers. So much easier and cheaper.
Jean

Thank you for your input too,Jean.It's appreciated. Ok then,2 votes is enough for me..I will be seeking that hose out now...sounds like one I have been forever searching for. Cheers

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.