Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

Charlene & Dee
I finally found a pic of my 6ft catcus, hope you like it
Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, all your blooms are beautiful.Love that cactus bloom!
Dee

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

New Orleans Lady Bloom.
Love my camera, love that bloom.
Now tell me that is an Ugly bloom.....
Charleen

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Beautiful!

Hamilton, OH

Dee
Thank you for the link

Charlene
you know we love that Bloom, also love the Pic

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Hi Debra
glad you could join us
Elizabeth

And Girls, it smells divine. I know I should have cut it off but I just
couldn't I wanted to see it bloom and smell the perfume.
Yep, I'm addicted. My first double bloom.
Charleen

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

That's a beautiful bloom, charleen! I wish my NOL's hadn't bit the dust, but they were small green cuttings that I got in a trade.Sometimes I do ok with green cuttings and sometimes I don't.
Hi Debra, glad you're back, today!
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Dee
think hurry up spring, I have a big NOL, I can get you a couple cuttings, remember the pic's I took of it, before I had to dig it up, they are beautiful plants
Elizabeth

I hope this one makes it. We know we have done
something when we can make these grow.
God is great letting us learn how to get these things to grow,
isn't he??
I love these plants and the blooms are a hidden treasures.
RRM

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Elizabeth, yes, I remember your beautiful NOL. Thanks, so much for the offer, I would love a couple cuttings when the time comes! I am thinking and hoping of an early Spring, everyday...lol..Once Christmas is over, I would go stir crazy, if it wasn't for the plants under the grow lights.I so look forward to the Spring bulbs blooming, too.
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
everyday, you'll learn something new with these Brugs, the first time I saw one it was in an expensive GH, it was all bloomed out, you could smell that wonderful smell from way back I just knew I was going to grow them they wanted $179.00 for theirs well needless to say I left there without it, it was a 7ft tall one, the funny thing was I went to visit my BF
she had the same one growing in the ground, well at the end of summer she just didn't want to dig it up, so it was mine if I would dig it up, that started this whole addiction, that was 2001
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

You are so right Charleen. I have learned one thing with the brug cuttings...sometimes all it takes is some patience and neglect. I had a couple cuttings that did nothing but set there, so I put them with the group that I have that are soon to be trashed. There were 4 sitting there, and two have sprouted leaves. I hadn't touched them for about 3 weeks.They are amazing plants!
Dee

This message was edited Dec 5, 2009 4:14 PM

Hamilton, OH

Dee
that is amazing, the ones that got frost tipped in the GH is making a come back, they are getting new leaves, the bud is still on Rosa LillaXWildfire, it's in the kitchen window still growing, the bud just keeps getting bigger, I don't know when it'll bloom, but it's still there
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Can hardly wait to see the bloom on your Rosa LillaXWildfire.Sounds like it is gonna be a BIG bloom!
Here is a pic of the Apricot Moonflower log cutting.
Dee

Thumbnail by DeeS
Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

And a side view.

Thumbnail by DeeS
Hamilton, OH

Dee
I am glad I sent that one too you, that one is hardly bothered by pest, it's a fast grower, when I got it last fall it was about 1ft tall & the stem was about the size of a pencil, then you got to see how big it was when I posted pic's of it blooming
you have done well with it, now you'll have 3 or 4 plants by doing it that way, the one thing I have found out this past year is the bigger the clippings the better they do
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes, Elizabeth, is has done well! I am learning quickly about small green cuttings...they can be heartbreaking..lol I had one guy send me a huge twisted chunk of one and that bugger is starting to shoot out little green leaves all over. I planted it the typical up-right way. I think if I let it grow naturally shaped that it is going to look like a big oval shrub..LOL
Dee

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey, girls, I am gonna get off for a while and throw together something for supper. I'll be back a little later. Hope to talk to you all then
Dee

Hamilton, OH

Dee
that might be interesting, I have one Brug that grew up about 1ft then it started growing in a big S shape, I think I will trim it, then make a log cutting out of it, so the trimmed part will grow straight up like a standard, it's 1 & 1/2 inches in diameter
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Dee
have a good supper, talk to you later
Elizabeth

Dh goton Computor didn't think I was going to get it back there for awhile.
Went to change water in my small container I have Ken's Brug Starts. some of them have tiny little roots.
Yeah, for m, Yeah for Ken sending me fast rooters.
We are going to be growig this summer.
Garden marker
name of it is-Shachihata Garden Marker
Put this in and look for it, Elizabeth. Supposed to be sun-proof and weather proof. Looks like it costs about a $1.00
Charleen

This message was edited Dec 5, 2009 5:24 PM

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
Thank you. I'll look it up, I am sooo glad for you getting roots this fast, girl you're doing good with them, I will also look at some gardening stores, I am glad you got your computer back, I had to let my DH get on mine for cyber monday
Elizabeth

Batesville, AR

Very beautiful pictures everyone.
Kim

It was like he had glue on his Rump. I didn't think
he would ever get up. I just waited patiently and finally he got up.
Got o change rain water is how I found them. Tiny little roots. Not in dirt
yet either. But want to plant them to get them used to the dirt.
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Kim
Hi, thanks for the nice comments, we all love Pic's, I bet next year you'll have a ton of them

Charlene
I am glad you found them, that's so exciting, when you find root or new leaves
Elizabeth

She will. We will help her.
That's the way we are.
Charleen

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I love logs, My best two bloomers were from logs last year..

Hamilton, OH

Debra
I have one Brug, that is definately going to be a log, I have to cut it to make it grow right, next year I want all standards
no bushes
Elizabeth

The Maya Has a rootlet on it too. It loves my rain water.
Angel is still with her too.
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
that's great too have maya rooted, after many years with a snowbank, I gave up on it, but P&C more than makes up for it, didn't I send you cuttings of P&C, I have a cutting that has rooted in the peatmoss, it looks just like the big P&C that
I have
Elizabeth

Yes, you sent them and I have leaves on them . i put some
Super bloom in the Recipe formula. They ought to be growing now.
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
you'll be really surprized how big they get, P&C is the biggest varigated Brug I have ever grown, my maya is doing well also, I need to put together the recipe, to spray on all my clippings, next payday, I have too go to gnc to find tea tree oil
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi, everyone, I'm back
Debra, did your logs grow like mine...one of the plants, a lot bigger than the others to start? I like logs too.I may have to grow more next year, when I get cuttings from my own plants.
Dee

Batesville, AR

I only tried the log method once. It didn't work out. The log rotted first.
Kim

Hamilton, OH

Dee
glad you're back, it's amazing too see you & Charlene with all those clipping, wait till next spring, you'll have sooo many in the ground, & Blooms everywhere, I can just see it now
Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Kim
did you try the peatmoss, all you have to do is keep it moist, it kinda reminds me of the woods, when the tree falls & compost, it looks so rich, that's all I have used since 2007, look at my Pic with the aquarium, that's peatmoss in there with the clippings
Elizabeth

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

It amazes me too...lol..We are gonna keep the forum flowing with pics next year, aren't we girls? I can hardly wait. I hope I get some that bloom earlier than my noid did!
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.