Offical Muffler Sulking Section (and other Various Chatter)

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Offical Muffler Sulkers can now gather here... For those of us that are crafty challened, I thought we could meet here in hopes of the Muffler Fairys would take pity on us... Moxon Divine Flan and Holiday cookies are provided for stubstance in our cause...

Calling all sulkers...

Thumbnail by MissJestr
Clarkson, KY

{{{we heeeed the caaaaalllll}}}

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

here! and ready for a long and arduous sulk.....

Clarkson, KY

one might even argue that there are those among us whom it is better to muffle than sock..........er......or that a person well and truly socked no longer needs muffling.............hmm

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ooooh, fancy scarf MissJ. Are there cupcakes allowed? Oh, wait, am I allowed to sulk? I am the one that your sulking is supposed to impact, I suppose...

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

LOL

Even thought I do not need a muffler one way or the other-thought some may say other whys-I am here to support the skulker.

edit to correct spelling, has still not found my run away spell check

This message was edited Dec 5, 2009 11:49 AM

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

humm grow, I think that I am one that is better muffled and socked. It is 20 something out there with a wind chill and breaking huge chunks of ice off the water suprised me. If the horses coats are any indication of the winter, I will need double the long johns. The ducks this morning poked holes in the ice and were in the water.. LOL Are they NUTS??

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I googled Hand Made scarves and found the picture... LOL it is my dream muffler..
Yep cupcakes are most welcome, and so is directions on how to turn the spell check on this computer as I see my errors..LOL
Miss Claire, the more sulkers, the merrier.... Besides you can participate in the various chatter part if you choose not to sulk...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I have it on good authority that Cmoxon has a hat pattern, does she perhaps have a muffler one as well??

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh I have a great many patterns for all sorts of woolly things...

Clarkson, KY

oof...I just want to knit furry sparkley things...

Lodi, United States

Cupcakes, Moxon? CUUUUUUPCAKES?

I think not.

{{{Does no one here remember Moxon's antisocial antics with the cupcakes?}}}

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

I could help stop the sulking if you can wait until after the first of the year. I have several family members who have acquired Chihuahuas and have asked for sweaters. So, for now, I am making dog sweaters....at least they are small so they don't take long.

I am going to sulk here too, even though I can knit, I would love to be able to spin my own yarns but don't have room in our little house for a wheel.

I am going to be making red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting this week for a bake sale on Friday. That is one of my favorite cakes......mmmmmmm.

Lodi, United States

While, in general, cupcakes, especially those of the red velvet and cream cheese species, are a delicious and civilized treat--in Moxon's hands they become dangerous and sticky projectiles.

No cupcakes.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

My sister can do this stuff but I can't. I need to join a class or something! I haven't knitted since I was 12!

Clarkson, KY

I am wondering if I have the fortitude for a sustained sulk...I may just knit myself a sparkley, beady scarf and settle for less than divinity... And though red velvet cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting also sound utterly divine...they should not be allowed within 100 yards of Moxon, our Moxon...she would probably eat them after she threw them, but...well...she would throw.

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

If you can knit, than why sulk? You can help support those of us who are less fortunate when it comes creating with a pair (or more) of needles, by providing the food, and cupcakes are welcome....just don't hand any over to Moxon. And, drop in too chat anytime :-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

CUPCAKES?!?!?!? (donning scuba gear) I covet sparkley yarnage and will definitely sulk about the lack thereof.

well I can crochet scarfs. Lots of free patterns out there on http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?search=1&searchText=crochet%20scarfs&Go.x=1&Go.y=1&Go=1&start=0&pageLength=20

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

can you use one color for this pattern Wren?? ok nad what the check is double chain and a double crochet?? I am even lost before I can start since I dont even know what a Gauge is and how it will effect it?? so bigger needles make bigger stiches?? Oh OH OHHH I got a headache, need flan...

Holiday Scarf FREE PATTERN!
Lion Brand® Holiday Homespun®
GAUGE:

9 dc = 4 in. (10 cm). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.
NOTES:

To change color, work last stitch to the point where there are 2 loops on hook, yarn over with new color to complete stitch.

SCARF
With A, ch 274.
Row 1: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across, change to B in last st.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, sc in each dc, change to C in last st.
Row 3: Ch 3, turn, dc in each sc, change to B in last st.
Row 4: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc, change to A in last st.
Row 5: Ch 1, turn, sc in each dc, change to B in last st.
Row 6: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc, change to C in last st.
Row 7: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc, change to B in last st.
Row 8: Ch 1, turn, sc in each dc, change to A in last st.
Row 9: Ch 3, turn, dc in each dc across.
Fasten off.

FINISHING
Weave in ends.

ABBREVIATIONS / REFERENCES
Click for explanation and illustration
ch(s) = chain(s) dc = double crochet
sc = single crochet st(s) = stitch(es)

This message was edited Dec 5, 2009 12:37 PM

I do not see why you could not just do it in one color.

Clarkson, KY

ooof. and again oof...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Laugh if you all must, but I am still stuck on With A, ch 274. does that mean it will be 274 what long?, inches, feet or hands? Good thing I have not bought the needles or the thread.... Oh mercy I make a better sulker

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

I'm with you MissJestr, That in no way resembles any pattern I've ever seen.......perhaps one of you could come to my house and teach me to knit???

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O PICK ME! PICK ME! O! (waving hand madly in the air) I KNOW THIS! Ahem 'ch 274 = make 274 chain stitches' (Those are the little loopy stitches) OMG I feel like the scarecrow when he got his brain!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO I knew something!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Its crotchettying I do believe. Done with one hooky thing. It's less pokesome cuz there are not TWO sharp things called 'needles'.

Well first the pattern that you picked in 120 inches long-in other words it is 10 feet long!!!! LOL

I do not thing that you need one that long. Let we study the pattern and see if yo can shorten it.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I have a fear of needles anyway, so maybe I should leave the needles things to the pro's..

OK it is a simple pattern you have one row of double crochet and one of single the repeat. I do not think that there would be any problem in shortening the length. Just make sure you have a even number of chain stitches.

Richmond, TX

I haven't the foggiest idea what any of you are talking about!

crochet has a number of stitches. here is a site that explains the stitches.

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa052398.htm

Dartmouth, NS(Zone 6a)

so, if this sulk will get me a scarf...do I get to choose what the scarf looks like or is that up to the maker???What ARE the scarf sulk rules anyway???

Clarkson, KY

If anyone around here were studying law we could get a formal sulking contract drawn up...

I'd love to have someone's favorite colors to work from and invent from there...

Lodi, United States

Ummmm.....how many people are there in the sulking queue? I mean--it took about six months for one modest knitter to produce 6 pairs of socks...although they were demi-divine.

I think there should be an open registration period and then the sulk should be closed to new malcontents....otherwise Moxon will be knitting long after she graduates from law school.....

And what of the crochety ones?

I do think having Moxon draw up the official rules for the Sulk would be helpful.

This message was edited Dec 5, 2009 7:32 PM

Well I am a very slow crocheter(?is that a word) shoulder has not healed yet.

Clarkson, KY

Well...I do either and fairly quickly. But it appears that one gets no action without sulking so...I sulk. I mean -knitting or crocheting my own scarf -how much fun is that?!

Lodi, United States

Well, mufflers do represent somewhat less of a commitment... I suppose grownut, you could do both...sulk to elicit a nice new scarfy or muffly...and then whip off a few neck warmers for the remaining wretched masses yearning to be warm....

Clarkson, KY

lol...possibilities, indeed...

I can not promise anything but what color do you like?

Southern NJ, United States(Zone 7a)

Ooooo, oooo, let me sulk, too! I missed out on the divine socks! I could sulk beautifully with a little practice, I'm certain! But I thought the grand prize was a scarf, not a muffler. Somehow scarves have that je ne sais quoi, while mufflers just have that quoi...as in "What's that thing around your neck????"

Besides, I can't knit or crochet because carpal tunnel syndrome has me in its thrall. When I married my husband I promised him a sweater but alas! Never have I been able to deliver. I do buy them for him, though.

I tried spinning once, and I still have an Ashford wheel up in the attic, desperately needing a new leather thingy. Actually produced some yarn, I did, and very rustic it looked. But then I bethought myself, did I really want to fashion that hard-won yarn into mittens (the only product small enough for the amount I had managed to produce out of the wool from our sheep) and watch my son lose them the first time he wore them to kiddiegarden? The answer came back a resounding "No!" So the wool languished and probably made a gourmet meal for some moths, in the end.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.