guess what?

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

Last night a semi-truck carrying a load of Poinsettia's wrecked. My boyfriend is on the Fire Dep. Anyhow, they was cleaning up the road & the truck driver told them they could have the plants because the company couldn't come get them until in the morning & they would all be frozen by then. (It was 19 last night). So I ended up with about 35 big plants! I gave some to neighbors & some to family but still have about 15 or so left. You can't even see my kitchen table or high chair. LOL! I have no where to keep them.

Does anyone know anything about takeing care of them? Like how much I should water them or if they need direct sun?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Do you have a favorite nursing home in your area. The residents always appreciate flowers. So donate them & feel good, after all it is Christmas season.
Bernie

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Lucky you. I wish they would grow outdoors here. Thats one thing I do miss about Calif. I could grow just about anything outside there. But I like Kentucky to so will learn what I can grow here and just have fun with my garden. I made a list of things I want in my garden that will grow in this zone and notified my son. (He wanted to know what to send me for Christmas) He is going to send me seeds and bulbs for my present. He is forwarding the list to my niece who said she wanted to send me something for christmas. So I'm looking forward to Christmas.
Mary

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Marti,
That's great news. A gift you already know you will love and make good use of.

Mount Vernon, OH

part to full sun(indirect), keep moist, do not over water, do not leave water in tray, I water every 3-5 days on mine.

This message was edited Dec 4, 2009 6:36 PM

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

My mom used to have one growing in a niche at the back of our house in Houston. I don't remember which direction that faced. But I do remember that it got about 3' or so.

Anne

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.