It may be fall in the northeast, but....

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I know it's December 4th in Connecticut, but I never expected this anemone to rebloom. I think it is fuller than when it bloomed in the summer. I don't know what unseasonably warm is any more, but we've got lots of fresh growth.

Thumbnail by cathy166
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Very pretty! Love that color, what is it??

I too was surprised by a lone and partial frozen primerose trying to open in this weird warm weather.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice, Cathy. Lots of weird things going on. I have a number of shrubs in bloom now.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

My neighbor's lawn is green and the lawn mower I borrow to mow it isn't working; Sometimes, snow is a good thing. (But not really complaining.)

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

It certainly has been a strange year. I have not noticed any bulbs sprouting but when I checked my newly planted JM after the rain and wind storm I did notice it was trying to sprout some new leaves. Getting back to more normal temps will be good for the garden if not the humans I think.
One other thing I noticed with this warm wet fall is many, many foxglove seedlings have germinated and have gotten to a good size already. I am hoping that might mean blooms next year. Anyone else notice a big increase in seedlings of these or other plants sprouting and growing?

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

My flowering quince flowered a couple of weeks ago, so did my weigela, (boy are they going to get a snowy surprise soon!)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My fuschia yarrow is still blooming and so is the calendula

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

I have some scabiosa, some calendula, a few vinca blooms, and a rose or two, but nothing looks really good - except my lettuce, lol!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Take our blooms where we can all are lovely

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.