This is some Sick Joke, right?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

To all those Above The Mason-Dixon Line,
Can you please take back your winter weather? It seems to have taken a wrong turn, and dove waaaaaaaay too far south. Having lived here five years now, my blood has thinned sufficiently enough, I see the “S” word in my forecast, and I’d like to return it back to you where it belongs.

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USTX0637

LOL

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Angelsong, I'm with you! It is so cold here right now, down to 44* and I'm freezing. It is not supposed to get this cold here.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Snowing in Seadrift, TX.

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

It's been snowing for the past 7 hours and not a drop has stuck on the ground or on anything else. It has been so wet for the past several days with all the water standing that the snow melts as soon as it lands. The flakes are really pretty as they fall...never know when we may see this again. Don't dare get out on the road with all the slush.
Stay safe and warm and enjoy the view.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

For my part, you guys can have all our snow this winter.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I agree Cajun! LOL!

Just think of it as Nature's way of thickening up your blood..... ;-)

BTW it was 18° F here at Sunrise...... our High will be your low Cala!

Oh Henry, that is way too cold for me! It was 73 yesterday, going into the 80s today. We're getting back to normal. I hope this was the only cold spell we have.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Cala - I am with you.

I had heat lamps on in the horses' stalls - along with substantial turnout blankets. Poor guys ain't see under 35F in about two years! Poor critters.. I swear I heard shiverring Saturday morning.. LOL

As for me, I was quite thankful when my water pipes only temporarily froze up a little, and nothing ruptured. *whew*

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
I just had a vision of the farmers here putting turnout blankets on a couple of hundred cattle.......

I'd be insulating those pipes if it were me.
A cheap fix for what could be an expensive repair.

We've turned the corner for a few days.
Our winds are now from the SW so your 'warmer' air is moving thru.....
But w/ warm moist air you get....

Ric

This message was edited Dec 7, 2009 9:23 AM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

ew ew ew ew!

Keep it! I've had some... and until I venture north in a few weeks for the holidays, I don't want to see anymore. :)

LOL

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We got a bunch of the white mess too.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Cajun that is beautiful..
But keep it please... LOL

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

A lot of it has melted. Hope it all goes away and we don't get any more.

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Your wish came true. We got your nasty weather last night. At 35 degrees, my horse would think it was spring. He was outside last night in the blizzard by choice. The barn is open to his stall but he stands outside like a popsicle. He's been that way in the winter for 20 years. We do force him in and blanket him when it gets in the teens. It's a battle though.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

*giggle* I'm sorry... I justdidn't want it here.

Low 50s, foggie, and drizzly today. A cold that sorta sinks in through the skin and down into your bones... yuckie

I left Ransom nekkid today, and I'm thinking, for his clipped coat, that wasn't such a good idea. Yuckie!

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Wow! We need some snow here. Sleds are dusty in the garage. We keep getting teased that snow is coming. Please send it back! Thanks.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

You can have it.

I'm in St Louis now, and there's snow on the ground.

I brought it back north with me. :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It's been dancing around us here in Cincinnati too.
We might have 1/4" on the ground.... and it's drizzling
7" of white stuff just 100 miles east of us.......

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Yeah, this is what I'm calling a teasing of snow.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

If it snows on the yard and doesn't stick to the roads or sidewalks we call it a Polite Snow.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Aw, heck, you folks don't know what cold is....come to Minnesota and we'll show you some cold weather! Our weather will thicken your blood so much you'll swear you're having a heart attack. Once you get back home, you'll be wearing shorts and a t-shirt, in 50°F weather! (:o)

We have lots of snow on the ground, maybe a foot or so, and lots more on the way Thursday and Friday - maybe another foot.

I'm native and I'm already sick of winter... Aaaahhhhhh.
Mike

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I've seen the MN forecast Mike. I understand that natives are experienced in dealing with blizzard conditions. I remember some years back driving home from class one night in a white out, and I'm just thankful that I made it home safely. Class should have been cancelled. Keep safe and Merry Christmas.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Thanks, gb, you too!
Mike

I was in MN in July. It was 47* and I almost froze to death. Does that place ever warm up?

We can tell which Winter Texans are from MN, they're the ones in shorts and t-shirt when it's in the 50's and all the natives have parkas and boots on!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
Snowbirds fly THAT far south Cala?

We're currently roasting up here in Cincy.
43° and partly cloudy.
If it weren't for the Wind Chill at 37° I would have had to break out the sandals....

Ric

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

Yes, it does warm up here, at times, but not too often.

It's 28°F right now and it feels like 16°F. We're supposed to get up near 30°F tomorrow and Friday, but with a cr*p-load of snow.

I hate winter.

At least the days are starting to get longer now. (:o)
Mike

Mike, I remember the long summer days up there. It started getting light around 4:30am and stayed light until around 10pm. We just don't get that in the summer, our days don't vary much all year long. Our winter days are longer than yours though.
I saw the northern lights when I was there in October (not much different from July as far as daytime highs, but nights got down to 21).

Today is going to be 70 and windy. Lows this week in the mid 40's.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

It is a cold white Christmas. I really need to find a warm spot in the south for this time of year.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Dyson Buddy from what Cala has said her area is the perfect answer for the Winter Blahs.....
Any place that considers a Sago Palm an invasive weed........ lol!

Though it IS 48° here in Cincinnati this Christmas morning.....
Ric

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Ric - Dude its like 32° here - raining on the snow - makes walking an adventure.

Thumbnail by Dyson
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Been there and it certainly isn't fun! Be Careful!

I talked to Darius a few days ago.
She had 16" of snow in your last blast.
Won't be going anywhere soon..

Well the days ARE getting longer.... hunker down and....

Ric

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It has warmed up a good bit and we are getting rain now. Joyeaux Noel!!!

NE Medina Co., TX(Zone 8a)

The air currents reversed here in Texas. Instead of the arctic front that drove temps down to an unusual low of12.7° one night a week or so ago, we will have highs in the 70's this week! That is coming from way south somewhere. Haven't seen 70's in a long time...now THIS feels more like southcentral Texas! My blood doesn't thicken no matter how cold it is....my nose runs when it even gets down in the 50's...I hate cold!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

My nose drips constantly in the cold. I call it nasal condensation. LOL

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

That's what I'm saying! We're right back to normal.

High's near 70
Lows near 50

Much more normal for South Texas in January... =)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

We had a nice day today. lots of sunshine. Went to town and bought feed and buckets. Rain tomorrow.

Finally it is nice and warm and I can take my wool socks off. It is near 80 and some sunshine! Cool front coming thru Sunday, will only be 70.
My nose runs when it is cold too (cold is anything under 70).

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

What a beautiful day today. I worked on my new pond all day. Even waded in ankle deep to work on the waterfall.

My koi came out of hibernation today. He even ate a little food. He was a pill though, chasing the goldfish.

I feel for those folks who are still cold and snowy. Of course, there's no doubt that we will get more cold too. I just hope there re no more hard freezes. I have already put plants in the pond and the potted plants out on the deck.

Don

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Hey you guys, just started reading this thread. Funny. Having our 5th day of rain here in sunny CA. Cold for us in the days, in the 50's. Not so cold at night, in the 40's. DH made sure our horses have their turnout coats on, albeit they are a lighter weight. He feels so bad, and complains so much that they have to be out there in the 'cold' rain. Needles to say, a move to Portland or Seattle is not in our future! LOL! What a wuss. I think we onluy get a few days a year of weather he finds acceptable. Where can he find a place where it does not get below 65 or above 70, is overcast or partly sunny and doesn't rain, but has plenty of water to shower and hose down the concrete? Right. Nowhere. I like cold nights, sleeping with the window open, even a bit in the winter, and prefer days not to be hotter than 85 (not the 110 we easily get some days in summer).

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Had a great day today. Got all the animals fed, got all the wire strung on the goat lot. Had 3 sides of it up and the snow did a real number on it. Then we realized it wasn't close enough to the ground so I had to restring it all. Crawled across the hillside like a bug but it's done now and the hot box is hooked up. If the weather in nice tomorrow I'm gonna let the goats out. Also got the big pin driven in to put the guard dog back on the hill. I'll move him tomorrow. A new hen laid for me today. I picked up 7 eggs yesterday. The temp was almost warm today and no rain. The sun even made a brief appearance. It was a great day. We were due and i thank the Lord for it!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.