60 degrees and raining in MA

(Zone 5b)

Hi all, just wanted to know what my fellow Northeasterners think of this weather. It's raining and 60 here, on Dec 3rd.

This message was edited May 7, 2010 5:54 AM

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Lynn,
I'm Deb and I'm here in MA to the west of Boston. I feel like I'm in a monsoon in India today though. The dog wouldnt even go out this morning!
Enjoy, there is snow on the horizon for the weekend....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hey Lynn...

we have a weather thread here( we post daily)....

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1059356/

(Zone 5b)

thanks Flowerjen! I'll go check it out. I had seen it awhile ago, but I didn't realize it's an ongoing thing.
Deb I'm in western MA, grew up outside of Boston (West Medford). I'm familiar with Framingham and have been to that Trader Joe's on rte 9....love that place. We don't have one close by.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

TJs is one of the best places to shop. The other is whole foods, which unfortunately, is pretty much beyond my budget. Occasionally i go in for tea and good bread...
:)

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Hi Lynn. Lots of Ma. gardeners here. Wind and rain seem to be easing a little bit here in the SE portion of the state thank goodness. Still some good gusts every now and then. It was pretty wild all night and we lost electricity for a few seconds early this am. Came right back on I am happy to say. So warm out there the poor plants are going to think it is spring already. Welcome to the forum. :)

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Lynne! I'm not a huge fan of Ice/Snow, so I'm loving this weather. A few years back we had a winter where it barely snowed, so perhaps it's happening again, or....we are about to get slammed! LOL. Gardening wise, I know we need snow for ground cover for the plants. BTW--I grew up in Springfield, Ma.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

My opinion of the weather? I think I'll save on heating cost, the south is going to have serious problems with water shortages & fires, and it wont do any good for the plants since the sun's angle in winter is still too shallow to be of much good. I also think summer is going to be a lot shorter from now on and we'll have a much longer, wetter spring instead.

(Zone 5b)

Yikes Watercan, that sounds awful for the south. Tamberlin I like Whole Foods, the closest one is next to TJ's which is a hike lol.
Ngam I opened my windows, it's 66 & sunny now. I'm going to go squish around the yard (mud most likely).
Phoebesviolets I went to Classical in Spfld....moved there from Boston. Which high school did you go to?

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Mee tooo!!!!! Class of '65

(Zone 5b)

you were a little ahead of me
did you know they're beautiful condos now?

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I'd heard--haven't seen them. Not sure I'd wanna live there--LOL!

(Zone 5b)

a friend of mine lived there for a short time after they were built. you can imagine the high high ceilings and huge windows, and they saved the mural (I think it was put in storage).

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Lynn, welcome. It's a nice group here, you'll like it. But read quick, my gosh these folks can type fast.

(Zone 5b)

thanks Pollyk!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm strictly hunt and peck! My hands are very disobedient!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.