Want to know about Arilbred Irises

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I have been wanting to grow arilbred irises for years but knew they wouldn't do well in Blacksburg, VA. Now that I am moving not too far from VA Beach, I am wondering if they would grow there. Anyone in that area grow any?
TY

South Hamilton, MA

Contact Anita Moran in MD. She is av moran on DG. A D-mail should find her.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

estrail1rider

What would you like to know
:)
Anita

Raleigh, NC

that's our girl! someone breathed the word arilb......

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I just wanted to know if they will grow there. Since we are moving there next summer, I would like to try them if I am not going to fail with them in this area. Want to start looking around now so I can maybe order some in the spring.
Thanks!!!
debbie

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

Hi Debbie

According to "THEM" you can not grow Arilbreds in the Midatlantic because it is too wet.

Well I am in Maryland and most seem to do just fine. Pure Aril are another matter but I have just spent the last year changing over my tall bearded bed into an Aril bed including a small greenhouse that will keep out the heavy summer rain.

The picture is 'Persian Padishah' and OGB+ growing in Maryland

Thumbnail by avmoran
Lebanon, OR

Trust me, you listen to Anita and you will learn alot about Arilbreds as I was shocked to see how well they grew from her first hand.

Go Anita

D

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

and here is a OGB seedling of mine that will be introduced 2010. It is the third from this group of seeds I started that is register and will be introduced. Along with "Lakeside Elf' and 'Anaheim Daughter'

Anita

Thumbnail by avmoran
South Hamilton, MA

introduced by aril society or someone else? I have an AB seedling which I will be sending to Dee to test in her climate, I hope. Who knows how it will do here this yr.

Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

I introduced them through the Aril Society
A

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.