December Journal

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

Waiting for the snow at the end of the week here. We've had bits, probably up to around 12 inches since the first bit in October. There is a chance of significant snow Friday, depending on where the lake bands set up. It's a crap shoot - a foot here, sunny and clear there. You just have to wait for the wind to decide.

I'm just in from a romp with a little black calf. It's the same calf that I had an early morning romp with a couple of weeks ago. It seems to have found the way to the great outdoors, whether by its self or with help from some slightly bored cow dogs, I do not know. Stan snuck up behind it while it was watching me and grabbed its string and took it back in - after we'd been up and down the little orchard a couple of times. We may have to buy that one a collar and chain.

Stan has the snowblower on the cab tractor, the lights mostly working on the spreading tractor, the new car is spending the winter in the shed and we're back to my old faithful Trailblazer. The machinery is put up, there's a new engine on the bedding chopper and the heifers that fit in the barn, are in the barn. There will be 5 girls spending the winter in the cold, crisp air. Keeps them healthy.

This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!