A QUIET MOMENT WITH LUCY LE BALL PYTHON

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hello, everyone.

This morning, after I had started the coffee, I opened the plantation shutters and got Lucy out of her living quarters. Lucy is my adorable ball python (python regius). She has been hanging around my neck all morning. I know snakes are not everyone's cup of tea but I do mention Lucy once in a while in my posts. I just thought I would show her off today.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Lucy is very lovely. I love snakes, my son has a Central American Boa that I enjoy handling. Lucy has beautiful markings.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful!

Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico(Zone 11)

Very pretty, but I'm not sure I'd let a python wrap around my neck. I hate the way a seat belt feels on my neck, I don't think I could take that.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

She is lovely! My son lost his last summer...thought it'd be nice if he got some sun. It wasn't. We both cried.

We don't allow Luch to roam around in the grass even when we stand right by her outside. Mockingbirds and crows would soon attack it: not a pretty picture. Losing a pet like that must be devastating.

Sylvain.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Lucy is pretty. :~)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hi, Amanda. Haven't seen you around in foorrreevvver.

Christi

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL. Been pretty busy. I try to get in here when I can but it's not very often.

It's nice to touch base with you again, Christi.

Now, now, Princess... You know me better than that. If Lucy were a vile and evil thing, would Gail and I love her so much? But you are right, beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, so I say: Behold, my wonderful python. That said, I still respect your inalienable right not to enjoy snakes.

Big hugs from Florida, malama and aloha.
Pu'ole, a.k.a. Sylvain.

You from Hawaii, bra? No wonder you like da snake, no can have on da Island!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Sylvain. Have missed you too as well. Pepper has been hiding out somewhere way deep. Today has been one of extreme stress. 9AM a very good friend had surgery. Noon final services for my cousin. First one of 15 on this side of the family and 2 years younger than I. Another dear friend had surgery at 4PM. Daughter at doctor to see about knee replacement. Please tell me, you two are all in one piece.

Dusty's son Aaron from the Parking Lot Forum is in grave condition from an auto accident Thanksgiving Day. Lots of prayers for this young man only 29 years old.

Now aren't you glad "lil Miss Mary Sunshine" showed up. Don't intend to be flip. Just seemed like today got a little overwhelming. Should probably cancel this and just go to bed.

Watched the latest concert by the Celtic Women on PBS and was blown away by such beauty and talent. How is some people get all the talent.

Love both of you. Just don't tuck your pet in your suitcase when you come this spring.

Pepper, I think all of the seeds germinated. Thank you again.

PK (haven't pk in a long time)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Pu'ole and I have both had trips to the islands at separate times and discovered we islanders born in the wrong place.

I am Princess Kilikina translated from Christi

sort of private joke unless you have been on the Tropical Zone for a long time. Welcome.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha,

Nice to see you all! While I am not a snake person myself, I have to admit Lucy is a beauty! She looks so sleek and healthy.

Sorry it's been such a stressful day for you PK, troubles do seem to come in threes don't they?

Hi, everyone.

Oh, Christi, I am so sorry you are going through difficult times at the moment. Take heart, sweetie. Those things often come in waves followed by quieter times. We share your grief. If only we weren't so far.

No, KyWoods, I am not from Hawai'i. I am originally from Montreal, Canada. We moved to South Florida for good 5 years ago. I am what you would call a hawai'ian at heart. We visited the islands 2 years ago and I left a piece of myself over there when we left. I have never shed a tear upon returning from a trip except when that time when the plane raced down the Honolulu runway to take us back to the mainland. I blended into the hawai'ian population very well in Hawai'i, where pretty girls make sure a fluffy polar bear gets sidelong glances and smiles, as opposed to reproachful looks from gym addicts on the mainland. The islands still call to me every day. I shall return there one day, hopefully sooner than later. Sporting a tan, a sarong, a large straw hat, sandals and a hukulele, seen from a distance in a fog, I may be mistaken for Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, the King of Hawai'ian music. I would only have the looks, not the talent.

The hawai'ian ecosystem is under constant attack from introduced animal and botanical species that only look to take over where they have no natural predators. It's the sad truth. I wouldn't dream of bringing Lucy to Hawai'i.

And Princess, you can rest assured that she won't come along next Spring when I join y'all in Texas. She'll stay home, where she will be treated with all the special touches and amenities such an animal requires. I really look forward to that trip so I can meet you all.

Take care, all.
Pu'ole, a.k.a. Sylvain.

I thought that might be odd for a Hawaiian to use a French DG name, lol. I, too, miss the wonderous beaches and weekend boogie boarding. One of these years I hope to get back and bring my son, to show him where he was born. We left when he was two, so he has no memories of the place.

Actually, I was looking for a hawai'ian translation for polar bear but it turns out there is none. So, I use Pu'ole when corresponding with my hawai'ian friends. I am an avid seashell collector so the name seemed to fit. The polar bear is my Cree indian totem. It's a long story. I may tell it again one day.

Take care, all.
Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We have here a man of many loves and many who return it.

Aloha,
PK

So many loves, so many wishes, so many desires, so much to give, so much to share, so much to see and so little time. I often reflect on that. Meditation does the soul good and often puts me to sleep.

I have had this laptop computer for 1 1/2 years now and I just found out how to operate the webcam. Here is a picture of me in one of my classical poses, trying to figure it all out.

Take care all.
Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I actually have an iPhoto album of Sylvain. Thank you sir for two more additions today. I have a camera but it would break the entire laptop were I to use it. hahahaha

Lucky you to have such a wonderful friend to post public compliments! Nice to 'meet' you both!

This message was edited Dec 3, 2009 7:20 PM

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We have never in even been in the same state, much less the same room. hahaha. We are friends through the miracle of DG. I am a regular on Blue Hats, Blue Garden, glad to meet you.

Christi

We have several other "mutual friends" from DG. I have had the good fortune of meeting them. One will be here from the Marshall Islands, another from Houston and now Sylvain this coming spring while they are here. As many more as want to sounds good to me. Would you like to visit with us? You are invited.

Cool! Thanks, will see what the job situation is then. Are there any jobs in TX? I loved it there when I was stationed at Ft. Hood.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

IslandShari's daughter is expecting a baby in March. She will be in the states accordingly.
Since I am retired, I have no schedule. The others have promised to "hang loose". The baby will be born in Colorado Springs Colo. Naturally, Shari will go there first. We will be on the side trip she makes to visit her parents in the Texas Valley. No way to be accurate.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

Sylvain, you enjoy your snake with my blessings, cause i don't want it! no offense, but snakes are not for me.
i encourage you to join them for that visit Kywoods, i know you won't regret it! i only wish i could go too, but Mozambique is a bit far. you guys have to have my share of fun for me, ok?
i am in South Africa at the moment, have a doctor's appointment on monday. but i'l be home on wednesday. i am enjoying my stay with friends very much.
see ya!
isaac

Isaac, it's nice to hear from you. I was wondering what had happened to you. I hope your doctor visit ends up well. Take care and let us know.

Sylvain.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

will do, sorry i haven't been on much. been pretty busy. but i will chat when i get home.
isaac

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.