(Sendone2me) Fran Roberts

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Fran Roberts, Sendone2me signed up on July 8, 2005.

She was an active member here at Dave's Garden and many members were recipients of her generosity, as she loved sharing plants. She was active in the Florida Gardening Forum, Coleus, Daylilies and Trading Forums.

Fran enjoyed attending Roundups and meeting other DG'rs. Many in the community were saddened to hear of her illness earlier this year. She stayed active as long as her health permitted.

Today we received a message from her husband Bill, letting us know that she had passed. He said that she loved her Dave's Garden Family and all of the thoughts and prayers were greatly appreciated.

She was part of what makes this community so special and will be greatly missed.

Thumbnail by melody
Ripley, MS

Yes, she will be missed, she was a very sweet and kind person

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Here is another wonderful image that her husband graciously shared with us today.

Thumbnail by melody
Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Such a kind sweet person...

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I'm very sad to hear of Fran's passing!!! I really enjoyed meeting her at Tupelo a few years ago!!! I've managed to keep the begonia she gave me alive and will continue to think fondly of her!!! God bless this family and give them the strength to celebrate her life!!!!

Jeri

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I am so saddened by Fran's passing, although I knew she was in pain, and I would not wish that on anyone.

I never knew Fran until I saw her post on the prayer forum in July. It just touched my heart, she sounded so lost, yet so accepting of her fate.

I dmailed her, and we talked back and forth until August 20th when she told me she was going home to see her relatives including her Mom. At that time she told me the radiation was terrible. I never heard from her after, and assumed she was very ill, and could not write. I continued to dmail her every couple of weeks, and hope she was able to read my messages.

During the time we 'talked' I got to know and care very much for Fran. She was a lovely lady, and a wonderful gardener, and a great storyteller. It was such a joy to correspond with her, and I do wish I had known her before her illness, but thank God I came to know her after.

God bless, Fran. I will miss our dmails, but am thankful you are no longer in pain.

South/Central, FL(Zone 9a)

For those that had the pleasure of meeting Fran, you know what a special lady she was. She loved her plants, and was always willing to share whatever she had. I have quite a few plants that will remind me of her kindness, and friendship, for many years to come.
I'm gonna miss you, my friend.
~Lucy

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

I never knew her until her post on the prayer forum, either, but what a delightful lady! I am so sorry and saddened by her passing. Prayers for comfort and healing are on the way to her husband and family. I am glad that she is not in pain any more. Rest in peace, Fran, you will be missed.

Love,

Bonnie

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

God bless you Fran, you are missed!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Fran sounds like such a loving, caring, active, enthusiastic person. She will be very much missed by her DG family. My prayers and thoughts go out to her family at her loss.

I'm happy that she's no longer suffering and that her family can now begin thinking back on all the wonderful memories of time spent with her.

Kathy

This message was edited Dec 1, 2009 8:51 PM

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Fran, you are my friend. I enjoyed my friendship with you here in DG. Your happiness was contagious, and the plants we shared will live on in my garden.

My life is better because you were in it.

I am glad that she is no longer in pain, but I am very sad for her passing, too early for sure. She will be missed.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

I did not know Fran, but recognize several of the names of DG members here whose threads and pictures I've enjoyed. To all here, I am sad for your loss and will pray for your friend that she may share in God's perfect love in heaven, where pain and illness are washed away.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Blessings to the family. A rough trip indeed. Now that Fran is being blessed with the ( painless!) peace that passes all understanding, I hope those left also find some peace.

pam

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've given her husband Bill her log in information so that he can stop in and see her Memory Thread.

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I too am sad to hear of Fran's passing. I always enjoyed her in the threads and even more when we met up at the roundups. She was a great person and always caring & generous. God's garden has gained another angel.

I never met Fran or emailed with her but her picture and story touched my heart and I have prayed for her and her family since she first posted.

You touched many people lives Fran, thank you and may your dear family feel the peace of our Lord on their hearts.

My deepest sympathy to each of you.

vic

Melbourne, FL

Sounds like she was a wonderful person. My sympathies to her family and her friends here at Daves' Garden.

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

God bless you and your family, dear Fran. You were an asset to those who knew you, on line or in person. You will be missed.

Leslie

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

My heart is saddened with the news of Fran's passing, but I am so relieved that she is no longer in pain. I had just had the priviledge of "meeting" Fran here just before she found out she was ill..... and she knew I was making a trip to Florida for vacation and even though she was hospitalized, she wanted me to come by and pick up my plants! I didn't go ..... told her she (and her family) needed to focus all their energy on her getting well - and that we would swap those plants next Spring. Her generosity, and concern for others, was striking as she was dealing with such an overwhelming disease.

One of my favorite verses is John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." NIV ... one version says pain and suffering..... May the family gain some peace and comfort from knowing that now Fran has overcome this world as well, and will no longer have to be in pain.

My prayers are with her family. May God hold them close during this difficult time.

Genna

I, too learned to love Fran through her posts on the prayer forum. I never corresponded directly with her, but I stopped in to pray with her and am saddened to learn of her passing.

Bill and family
May you find comfort knowing how many lives Fran touched, and how much she was loved. Prayers and sympathy to all of you during this difficult time.
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I have had the honor of being at Fran and Bill's home and they have been to mine. She was a wonderful gardener and so generous. I think of her whenever I wander the gardens and gaze upon the crepe myrtles she brought for me.

I was so saddened to learn of her illness and worried about the pain she must have suffered. She is at peace now and with our Father.

Bill, my prayers are with you during this very sad time. Know this, you were a wonderful and very devoted husband and gave Fran so much joy and happiness.

Molly

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

If anyone wants to leave a message, here is the link to her funeral home page: http://www.degusipefuneralhome.com/obituaries.htm

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

So sorry for her family all her friends she had such lovely smile.She will be missed..

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

One year has passed... I have thought of her quite a few times. She was a special lady. RIP, Fran.

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

As have I. The crepe myrtles she gave me are multiplying and remind me of her. RIP Fran.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

She was very special. I will NEVER forget the post where she announced she had the tumor. She said exactly what I would have said, and knowing how scared I would be to say " well I guess Im gunna die". Whenever I get scared, she often pops into my mind. Yes indeed RIP

Molly! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.