wanna see my Christmas gift!!!

Ashland City, TN

My hubby and I went to Dothan Al this weekend to see our son, daughter in law and granddaughter. I just - so happened - to checked craigslist for kilns in Birmingham (cause we go through Birmingham on the way from Nashville to Dothan, etc.). I called this one guy about a kiln and he -just so happened - to mention that he had a Boss potter’s wheel for sale for 250.00 He hadn’t even listed it yet. He was moving and it was a “let’s get this finished cause we’re out of time” move. So I told him that I would come by the next day and pick it up. In the photos you can see that besides being in need of a good cleaning…lol…he has added an arm that holds a soft pad to smooth out your work or help balance it. At the top of the arm is a tool that can carve, balance, etc. This potter’s wheel lets you work with 150 lbs of clay. He also gave me 6 other batts to go with it. I plugged it in when we got home and it’s as smooth as a baby’s hinny! I can’t work on it for another 2 weeks or so cause of my neck fusion and then I’ll have to begin slow. But I am so excited - right now I’m just content to look at it and make sketches of what I want to plan on making when I can get at it.

By the way…he also has an oval kiln for 1000.00 - and let me tell you - that is a good price for an oval kiln. It’s in very good condition also. If you’re interested look at Craigslist Birmingham Al.

This message was edited Dec 1, 2009 10:47 AM

Thumbnail by scarediecat
This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!