Look what I grew from gift seeds!

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

This is a picture of Lion's Tail that I grew this year from seeds sent to me by Lazlo. I have several plants growing in another bed and am hoping to get some seeds. I call this my Dr Seuss flowers! Thanks Lazlo!

Thumbnail by bobyrd
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

VERY Nice bobyrd! It is so satisfying to grow from seed. Neat plant!

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

How thoughtful of you to post this. Sometimes when you trade seed you wonder if they are growing in someones garden and behaving like they should. I'm sure Lazlo will be pleased!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That's awesome bobyrd! Thanks for sharing. I love to grow stuff from seed. Teaches me patience - lol - but the end result is the best feeling!!

Kelly

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Bonnie,

That is so cool!  Thank you for posting it.

What a wonderful and imaginative way to grow that species!

atbty! ~ Łaz ;--)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Wow! That plant is one lang tall drink of water.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Awsome photo of you and the plants.. I love those things, mine did well in the corner of my garden. Yours really shine there..

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thats what mine looked like ,until lastnite 27* brought her down to her knees!
I hope you get some seeds off her!
Debra did yours go to seed?

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

They did. hope they come back next year.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Don - cut your big one down at ground level and mulch it heavily . . . you'll know if the roots survived when your last frost has past . . . if this years plant(s) grew tall and flowered, believe me there will be lots of little lion's tails all over your property come the springtime . . . i usually let them grow to about 3 ft and then pot them up and sell them on CL with a photo or two shown for 3 bucks a pop, 4 for a tener . . . this year i passed along more than 200 plants that way. god bless the internet!

ATBTY !       ~       ŁazŁo    ;--)

Remember:   When you stop believing in Santa Claus you start getting just underwear for Christmas.

Thumbnail by LazLo
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I did just that!
Hey I'm glad to get underwear,it's cold here in the far north!!!LOL

Enid, OK

I am between you and LaZLo, Tropicman, and we need undies down south too!! 31 here, been windy all day!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Getting out the long johns tomorrow!!!LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.