A Siamese Twin Adenium!?!

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Hello... One of my new seedlings, it looks like a siamese twin! I cannot remember now the name, it is either a spin drift or super noble. I just thought it was neat and thought I would share.

Thumbnail by PurePlants

Hey, wow! Lookit that!

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

That is so cute. I bet it will look amazing when it gets older!

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

I would take special care of this one if I was you Jamie, one of the sides even has three leaves on it beside of it being siamese, I would say it is rare indeed and really neat, thank you so much for sharing it with us, just keep us informed on how its comming out by posting photos of it in the future.

Wilfred

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Any news or new pictures?

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Would love to see new pics!

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Hello! Not much has changed as the weather has been quite cool here. Still looks the same! :)

Decatur, GA

How are the twins today?
Helen

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Unfortunately it did not make it through this past winter. =( Not sure what was wrong, not enough light, not enough water, too much water, too weak to handle the changes? I bought some plant lights so if I need to over winter like that ever again I can have a room with artificial sunlight and consistent heat temps. I think that it was also just a bad time of year for me to start seeds. I think I need to move farther south!!

My new seedlings started this spring and some of the larger ones that made it are doing great!

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

I was checking out my seedlings this morning and I have been paying attention to this lil guy below... I am wondering if this is also a siamese twin or just a little fatty with two branches already??? Thoughts anyone?

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Decatur, GA

definitely Siamese twins.

Arlington, TX

I hope it makes it, I would love to see what one of these looks like when they get bigger.
Cheryl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Message removed by sender

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010 5:08 PM

Arlington, TX

I dont know, looks odd to me, like twins lol.
C

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

There is a faint yellow line that runs down the center of the trunk that wasn't really picked up in this picture. It doesn't seem as deliniated as my first pic. *shrugs* will keep an eye on it.

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

That is just one plant with a nice fat caudex, some are like that you are lucky because it is leafing out early.

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Updated pic... it is the only one out of over 300 that looks like this... =)

Thumbnail by PurePlants
Arlington, TX

Way cool, it will be amazing when it gets bigger. It already has an intersting shape!
C

Way cool. That's the fun of planting them by the 50's and hundreds, you get one or two odd ones.

Providence, RI

Are Adeniums easy to grow from seeds? I just got some seeds from eBay, and have a flat tray to start growing the seeds. Any pointers? I can't get over how fat and cute the seedlings look. I am positively obsessed with this plant!!!! Hence my username here ;)

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

fatcaudex,
I recommend this thread from Wilfred on how to grow seeds. My experience is that they are easy to grow from seed if given the right conditions (not too cold, not too much water nor too little, etc.). Check it out.... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010662/?hl=wqp

fatcaudex, they like 80 degrees to sprout best, and moist. should sprout within a week.

OK, good luck! Ebay isn't the best source, tho'.

Yardley, PA

I find they are very easy to grow. Mine have started sprouting within 24 hours. Just amazing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.