Hi, I'm new

Canastota, NY

I'm new but my sister is old. Her screen name is debilu and she signed me up on Daves garden.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Well welcome debilu's sister! Since she got you to sign up you already know this is a wonderful forum full of crazy gardeners and plant addicts. What is your addiction? If by some small chance you have not succumbed to the madness yet, don't worry it won't be long. LOL Just kidding and again welcome to the group. :)

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

welcome sjr or debilu's sister!!

Canastota, NY

thank you and my name is Sue. How do you do?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

name here is bill - i met debbi at one of the RU's we have this past fall

This message was edited Nov 28, 2009 12:24 AM

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Does your sister know you called her old? LOL

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Sue, welcome!! So deb is old, she didn't look it to me when we finally met in Sept. You must be very young!! ^_^

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Hi Sue. You might have some explaining to do with sis!

Welcome!

Sue - isn't Canastota onion country? My neighbor grew up there. Also famous for Carmine Basilio, the boxer, and the boxing hall of fame.

This message was edited Nov 27, 2009 6:35 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Welcome Sue sis of Debilu ^_^

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Welcome Sue! It's great to meet you. I'm Eleanor.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Sue, I'm not new to Dave's but fairly new to this crazy bunch of very nice Nor-Easters!! You will like it here!

South Hamilton, MA

Welcome Sue. NE has more fun.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Sue, welcome! Any sister of Debilus is welcome for sure.

You're pretty close to me. In fact we were just talking about going to Canastota. We go to the Turningstone seldom for a concert, or just the buffet, and I said next time we should stop in Canastota and get some Basilio sausage. it's my favorite thing each year at the fair. So you're about 50 miles from me. One of my best friends lives in Chittenango.

Oh, the Basilio family is in the butcher business, Polly?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Basilio sausage is just wonderful. Carmen himself manned the stand at the state fair. The shop is called something like Basilio Buda Sausage. I don't know if they carry a full line of meats. I've never been, just bought their sausage elsewhere. But I plan on going soon.

Hello, Sherrie here.

Hi Sherrie!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Welcome Sue.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Sue and welcome!!! We're so happy you have joined in the madness here. Don't be thrown by my Fla handle.....I'm just missing in action for the winter! As you can tell, we really like your sister, even if she is old. LOL
Louise
PS....when you get around to finding where your dmails are, you should find one from me from awhile ago.....:)

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Sue!
You will find this to be a great bunch of people! They go beyond just gardening help. If you have a question like "Can I transplant hostas in the fall?" just post. You'll get all kinds of advice from experienced gardeners. You'll see a lot of garden photos that make you want everything too. And you'll make a bunch of new friends.

Now I have to share a story about another sister and her 2 1/2 year old daughter Abby. Abby asked her mom what her little brother had up front. She answered with the correct anatomical name.
A little while later her 18 year old brother came into the room and Abby asked him what he had up front. He had no idea what she was talking about. Abby went on:
"You have a peanuts. But you can't eat them. They're fake. It's not good."
Billy said he will definitely remind her of this conversation in her future!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Sheesh! 2days late and a dollar short....again-sigh! Hi Sue! Welcome ^_^

Thumbnail by phoebesviolets
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi everybody and welcome, Sue. Great story, Deb!

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Sue, sis of Debilu,
We welcome any gard'ner new.
You'll find our group a friendly home,
We greet you with this little pome.

That's hilarious, Deb!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Adorable, Deb!

Canastota, NY

Hi everybody. When I said Debi was old, I didn't mean age wise (she's really not that old), I meant shes an old Daves Gardener. Thanks for al the replies, its nice to know theres a lot of people out there who can help me with my questions. I'll be talking to you soon

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Welcome, Sue. The NE is a great place to be.

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Welcome Sue: You just hooked up with a bunch of crazy gardeners, they all have Gardenitce. You have it too, no cure just have to live with it.

See you around the gardens,
John and Liza

Thumbnail by JWLW
Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Sue,
Welcome aboard!
Dave

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hello Sue & welcome... I am Allison

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.