Coffee Break #24 - One month to Christmas!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Definitely!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I've never heard of him before, either. He does look like a vampire. Handsome.

I like Zac Efron. Now if I was 40 years younger.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy Cyber Monday! What a crock. Completely made up by some online retail association. It's not even the busiest day for online shopping!

I got most of my shopping done already.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Show off! lol i've got some done, but not enough.
I will hit one mall around the 15th of Dec. w/my ding dong brother who waits to the last minute. We actually have a fun time believe it or not, i've only had a panic episode 2x in 8 years! I think they(DH & Bro) medicate me the night before, those 2 times they must of forgot because I couldn't find an exit fast enough and had to pull out my paper bag out of my purse. Sooooooooo embarrassing!!

Hope the bag was decorated!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nope, but thats a good idea, think i'll decorate it just in case I need it this year. lol

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

do not pull out the bag in a bank!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL, I won't, promise.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Check it out! - Just took this 15min ago!
- Sharp Shinned Hawk looking for thanksgivings leftovers! (in my backyard lol)

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Nice. Looks like he is wearing a fancy suit of clothes.

Very nice, WC! 300mm??

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I have to stick on this forum just to see what cameras and accessories you talk about. I need a new one. I have a problem getting blues and purples to come out true, and of course most of my irises are blues and purples. I can do it in Photoshop, but would rather have a really good color to begin with.

That's even a problem with my dslr, Polly.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Figures.

Yep! Nikon 70-300mm @ 300mm, (tough because of the light background), active-D lighting on auto.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I saw that same hawk in a tree in the neighbors front yard this morning.

They must be hungry, getting colder, they have to get used to eating less for the next few mos.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice hawk pic.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Most of us have probs with the blues and the purples...
Great shot of the hawk!

Wow - fast hawk, Deb!

This message was edited Nov 30, 2009 4:08 PM

Susan Boyle's album has sold more copies in one week than any Brit act ever - including the Beatles! Wow.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

What's Toooday? Tuooosday? Just surfacing from our big national football championship game here in Cowtown where my team was kicking butt and then lost in the final second because, are you ready?!?!?! Fumble? interception? tackle on the goal line? Totally understandable (you sigh and nod sympathetically) but NOOOOOOO. THEY HAD TOO MANY GUYS ON THE FIELD!!! I'm so disgusted I could erp.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Actually the hawk I saw could have been a Coopers or something else - it looked similar, and it looked big. I was surprised to see it so close up.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

There's a lot more people in the world today than when the Beatles were together....
I like them both, but Beatles rule!

South Hamilton, MA

I don't think that 'Memory' from Cats was on the album. that's the song which I like.

LOL. Do I have permission to use 'erp'. I like that one.

Susan Boyle reminds me of my fourth grade teacher.

Nobody sings "Memories" like Barbara Streisand.imo

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No permission needed jadjoy. Spread the erp (snort).

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

It figures I would pick a business selling plants in purple and blues if they are the hardest to photograph, then.

That Susan Boyle is something.

Susan Boyle looks like everyone's fourth grade teacher!

or the school nurse....giving out vaccinations

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

Susan Boyle was the perfect example that one should not judge a person by its cover, people were laughing when they first saw her but once she sang she stunned every one there with her talent, leaving the judges speechless'

This message was edited Nov 30, 2009 8:15 PM

Oh, she's definitely talented, no doubt about it. She's got the chops.

When she gets rid of the 'mumps' she probably won't sing so good...
(lol!)

Thomaston, CT

Love hawk photos---don't love hawks with my songbirds in their beaks! Coopers are always hanging out by the feeder.

... Understandable, don't see too many hawks around here, or at least since they are here, and require a large territory they are intolerant of their own species as competitors. I suppose if I lived in more wooded area I'd see them more, the common house sparrow is much more destructive to songbirds, stealing and evacuating nests and they are much more numerous as well.

- Everything has it's place, we, (I as well), change 'the balance' by feeding them in the first place...

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I loved your Black Friday story Andy!!! Did you get your appliance fixed?

I've been a long believer that the Earth is way too overpopulated with humans. It's crazy! (Talking about "changing the balance", etc)

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

dnut the guys on espn had a lot of fun with your team - come on man!!

The winter DG banner is up - oh no!

Gee, that's a nice banner, I wonder who makes them... Look! It's got icicles! Brrrrr! (lol!)

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Yup. Winter, winter... ugh. Winter. There's ice here this morning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.