New to the forums - hi!

Albert Lea, MN(Zone 4b)

Hello there fellow midwestern gardeners! I just wanted to give a quick introduction. :) I'm a southern Minnesota girl doing my best to grow whatever will survive here! My favorite is clematis and in looking through my garden pictures, I think I seem to have a thing for anything that blooms in blue. I need to work on trying some different colors, lol. Nice to meet you, looking forward to getting to know some of you! -N

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome to Upper Midwest Forum. I'll be in Albert Lea this afternoon.
You can join us for chatting here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056834/

Bernie

Bloomington, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi, neheskett, and welcome! You will love the camaraderie and info on this site. I'm with you - I LOVE blue blooms!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Welcome to Daves!!

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Welcome to Daves. Blue flowers are one of my favorites also.

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Welcome to Dave's!! I hope you are enjoying yourself here :)

Albert Lea, MN(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :) I am really enjoying this site. There are so many forums!! It will take me a while to get used to navigating them all. Looking forward to chatting with you all more.

Nancy

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Yes welcome to DG's. I have a thing for blues, purples, oranges, reds, yellows and throw in some white for good luck. I have pink only if for some strange reason it wasn't clear on the color. Mom od'd me on pink as a young child lol. There is a lot of very intelligent and friendly people here. You won't be sorry joining in with this group.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome to Daves Garden Nancy! This is the best place to get idea's and to answer gardening & other questions and to simply discuss just about everything! I'm in Des Moines, Iowa & we are expecting our 1st major snowfall Monday & Tuesday, weve had only flurries thus far. I plant Hosta's, Hibiscus, Purple cone flower's, rose & Clematis to name a few. Jill

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome! And yes, there are SO many forums, and people are wanting to introduce even more! In general, I'm against that, as I can't keep up the way it is! Oh well . . .

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Welcome to Dave's . . we all love it here and you will too! Many very nice gardeners to meet!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Nancy where have you been these cold winter days????

Oh I know seed and plant catalogs have been arriving here purt near everyday since before New Years. That is where I've been with my nose stuck in the pages of them.

Sad news. I had my brugmansias in the sun room. We had plastic'd in up from the east side down the south side and 1/2 way around the West side. (Its attached to the house) We would leave the door into the house open at night and it only got to 40º at night. (brugs can take temps as low as 35º occasionally) Well weekend before last someone (I guess it was Caspar) closed that door tight. I slept in the next morning and when I got up, noticed the door shut and went out to investigate ALL 12 of my brugs were limp and soft. Not all the stems but the tender new growth it was putting out. One ofm was about too put on a wonderful display for me for it had a half a dozen buds on it one of them open. By then they were all laying on the floor. Moved them all down stairs in the basement and put them under lights but they do not look well at all. I fear I've lost them all. Will have to wait and see still spring where I will cut them all back hard and see if they will sprout from the roots. Hope so.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

cece,
They will probably come back but you will have to wait for them to get big again.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm late to this welcoming party, but welcome anyhow! :)

Middleton, WI(Zone 4b)

Me too. Late but still here. Welcome.

My colors are the deep pinks, roses, and purples mixed with lots of white. Well and I have a thing for the unusual. If I pass something at the greenhouse that I've never heard of I get suckered in every time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.