ebayers

Lebanon, OR

we have another ebayer using photos without permission birdsongfarm*wi has a schreiners picture up now

D

Santa Ynez, CA

why can't people ask or just don't sell that iris until they have a photo of their own.....i myself do ebay and I have tell you if I don't have my own photo of a particular iris, I don't put it on to sell, really not that hard to figure out....Marie

Lebanon, OR

I know Maria...but when people become greedy they do not care anymore...they just do it.

D

Santa Ynez, CA

stupid really when you think about it, Dee how are you doing????

Lebanon, OR

I am doing GREAT! no limp, no outside PT as I am doing it here, can even get down on my knees, can not be down for a long time. Outside, inside and can do the holidays without wheels or anything.

D

Thanks for asking.

These are all older iris, but why selling NOW?

Raleigh, NC

because someone that doesn't knowbetter will buynow. someone looking for gifts. [myspacebar is sticking]

have a happy holiday, both of you! doubt I'll have time forDG until Saturday.

Santa Ynez, CA

Glad to hear it Dee, have a great holiday, you too bonjon, cleaning house and getting ready to have family at our house...... Happy thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Spicer, MN

I'm so glad that you are on the mend, Dee. Nice job!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Hopefully when they get taken they will complain and make someone feel they should do something especially if it is for a gift. I doubt it but maybe!!

Shepherd, MT

Did any body see this one looks like seeds4u website but under a different name from ID, using same pictures as seeds

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-VARIETY-Daughter-IRIS-RHIZOMES-END-OF-SEASON-SALE_W0QQitemZ160381115619QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2557759ce3

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

some of the rhizomes have no leaves or very little... not the best quality

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I wonder if Ebay got after her as she is now showing them and states they are small. I still bet they don't end up looking like any of the ones in the photo's. They look pretty weak and sad.

Lebanon, OR

Pretty soon the whole state of ID will be selling anything and everything as an iris...LOL

Not funny but I do not think these people are poor or in need I feel that they taking people to the cleaners KNOWINGLY.

Going to make it hard on the HONEST people in ID.

D

Lower right picture is not even a bearded iris.

Santa Ynez, CA

why is someone selling now, and why are people buying them????

Lebanon, OR

In most of that area anyway they having freezing weather as a friend of mine lives outside of Boise and she said no way could she dig and plant as everything would die now.

People who really do not know iris will buy iris or any plant when they see it.

D

Santa Ynez, CA

guess so, I couldn't believe just about all her listings had buyers.........wow

Raleigh, NC

geez - I just saw this and about croaked!!!

do you know the ground freeze in Idaho? maybe not Boise....but Boise is still fairly high- in Idaho Falls, the ground freeze was 8 ft. Deep. that's 8 feet down. SOLID.

for them to be selling now, they must be nuts to be from there. no gardener would believe it. but like I said before, they are not selling to gardeners now, they are probably selling to the holiday gift buyers, or promising spring deliveries. and it looks like they are offering wholesale prices...

Santa Ynez, CA

still, seems sketchy to me...

Shepherd, MT

We have had 10 below zero here and this week ot os suppose to get 16 below, and we have snow, the storm system hit ID

my ground is froze.

Bulbdiva is not a registered ebay seller any more and this new one pops up.

I know Iris on Pond and Cathy White would not do something like this, and they would not send out iris in an 7 x 9 yellow envelope with rhizomes stuffed in glad sandwich bags, & that is how I received them from bulbdiva from Idaho. And both Iris and Cathy would use there names as listed in AIS, full address, and package would come with the AG sticker, The envelope came with no name, just a street address and no AG sticker for garden inspection.

Riverview is not longer in business.

Raleigh, NC

Cathy White is also Sandhills Nursery, if anyone wants to know. Her dad (deceased in, 2007?) was Chadwick, the hybridizer.

the DeRose's gave up getting restarted at the new location? I read on here they were trying to get back up and running.

Lebanon, OR

DeRosas closed.

Hope Cathy figures out the online catalog, as the reason I have not ordered is because the catalog is not easy.

D

Shepherd, MT

Wow restarted . What I heard was Tony was in poor health, I know Riverview was once listed in the AIS, then they stopped losting with there last move.

Bonjon ~ would you not think Irene would contact AIS and list a small add or have them do an article saying they are trying to get up and going again, the AIS members would support them and buy, just like the members would support Lorraine at Woodland.

I dont think DeRoses would do something like this, any thing I got from Riverview always have Riverview or Irene's name on it. Tony was a hybridzer at one time, True with the numerous moves they got iris mixed up and some were not true to name that were sent out , but send dutch iris bulbs out instead of a rhizome

I got alot of the Oasis & Lorna line from Sandhill

Lebanon, OR

I used to get alot of the Oasis ones, but with the webpage like it is and did not receive answers to emails, have not ordered for several years now.

Tony and Irene would not do something this foolish. But I think for both of their healths that going out of business (at least that was what I was told) was a great decision for them both.

D

Santa Ynez, CA

I don't think it is someone who "knows" iris selling on ebay, at least not that well, Riverview had some issues and I think the health thing really took over, I ordered a few years back and it did not end well, I think they got over their heads etc...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.