November 24th, 2009: Italian Jerusalem Sage (Phlomis italica) by Joy

The Bloom of the Day for November 24th, 2009 was Italian Jerusalem Sage (Phlomis italica).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2009-11-24

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous plant- nice work, Joy! :)

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow! what a surprise. Thanks Pony.

Joy

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Really neat plant & beautiful photo!

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

That is so neat. There are so many great plants that you come up with that my wish list keeps getting longer and longer. :)

Ditto what mollymistsmith said- I so want to come and raid your garden. LOL!

(by the way, the brugs you sent me are doing great so far!) :)

Joy
What a wonderful looking plant! Love it! Do the bees and hummers like it also? I may need to try a couple of them next year.
I just read that they do, guess I should read before I ask...Huh! LOL

This message was edited Nov 24, 2009 2:18 AM

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Thanks everybody. It is a real cool plant and I'm extra proud of this one because I started it from seed quite a few years ago.

Pony, you are welcome to come and raid my gardens any time. I share and I'm over run in plants here but still keep getting more. LOL Glad the brugs are doing well for you. :-)

GardenGuyKin, It does seem to be very popular with the bees and hummers. One of the best things about this plant is I've never noticed any pest problems with it. Not even slugs and snails and they seem to like almost everything. That really makes it a winner here. :-)

Joy

I would love to visit your garden, raiding or not. :) You never know- maybe in the spring I'll be up for a little road trip. You're what, 2 hours from me? I could bring you some Tagro. :D

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Sounds like fun. I'll dmail you my cell number so you can make sure I'll be home when you take your road trip.

Joy

Just look at us PNWnrs up wee hrs of the morning talking plants!! LOL
Joy, those are the best plants of all grown from seed! I need to go with more drought tolerant plants too. Thanks for the follow up
Kin

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

LOL, Yes. We've got some serious night owls here, don't we.

Joy

Northwest Night Owls in the house! :D

LOL
Hooo...Hoooo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.