November Daily Weather - Let us give Thanks!

(Zone 7a)

Ambush!!!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

ROTFLOL! You must save some of those for the contest next year, they are great!
I brought some mums inside.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

More mums in a smaller vase.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

No shoppin for me today. The only thing I really wanted was a KitchenAid Stand Mixer that WalMart had for $139. Never seen it that cheap before. But have no place to put it although I was more than willing to rearrange above the cabinets to make it fit!! LOL

Super nice weather today. Sunny and high 60s. Same for tomorrow. But bottom drops out again on Sunday.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celia that was hilarious!

Adina Beautiful!

Pepper we have the 375 watt version and it it's our 2nd in 15 years.
Love It!

Bernie will chuckle and kiska and Joanna will howl.
We worked outside all day in cloudy low 30's temps... in about full winter construction gear early...
by afternoon we had adapted and I switched to a hoodie.
Man my blood got thin this warm Autumn! LOL!

Ric

This message was edited Nov 27, 2009 9:53 PM

Mine is still pretty thin too!! LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

28° Calm and Clear

Beautiful moon out tonight.
Right over the Hot Tub it made neat patterns on the roof.
You could see moonbeams in the fog.

Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Your right Ric, beautiful moon, straight overhead.
33º here. High today was 40 something & sunny.
Ceiling in bedroom is painted. Walls get it tomorrow.

Taking a trip to Mankato tomorrow afternoon. Got about 4 people to see about cabinet work. 3 we are working on, the 4th just called this morning. Little kitchen in his basement.
Also building a vanity & linen closet for our bathroom.
Will be as busy winter at this rate.

Off to bed,
Bernie

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Cloudy, fairly calm and 34°F.

Hope you've all had a great holiday with your families!

Adina - thanks! :-) Pretty mums and foliage. Glad your daughter can be with you over the holidays :-)

Celia - lol at Monty!

Sharon - great photo of Boo (?) ..... made me laugh :-)

My car broke down on Thursday night ..... just what I needed, right ? Still don't know how expensive it's going to be. It's a good thing my soon to be ex has two cars, I can drive one of them until my car is fixed. It's old and feels like it'll fall apart any day, but there's no way I can afford another car, so we'll just have to hope it can be fixed and will last a while longer.

And he's filing for divorce so that's that ... it's final. I feel like I've been living a lie for 20 years ... don't think he ever really loved me. Hate the idea of being a single mother, but I guess that's just something I'll have to adjust to. Just hope one day I'll know how it feels to be loved back ........

So much to do and I'm running on an empty energy tank .... feel totally drained. The house is a mess, I was planning to bake gingerbread cookies with the girls ...... and I still have to make the advent wreath .... finally found the stuff for it ;-) I really wish I could make this fibromyalgia thing go away ..... or at least re-fuel the tank in a jiffy! lol

Autumn flowering crocus, Crocus speciosus ...... photo taken Nov. 13th. They never manage to open the flowers but I still like them.

Hope you all have a great day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Good morning, everyone!! Another beautiful day on tap here in Harrison, AR at my daughter's house. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. We had a wonderful day with fellowshipping with family and eating great food, of course.
I finished off my day by going to a movie "The Blind Side" with my 3 oldest grandchildren, all over the age of 20. Usually the only movies I see are the ones that I take my 9 yr. old grandson to see. "The Blind Side" is an excellent movie--I highly recommend it! No cuss words in it, either--can you believe it?
Ric: so sorry about your friend's son. Thanks for the link to the prayer thread. Congrats on getting the Christmas lights up! :o))
Celia: those photos of Monty and the "soldier" are hilarious! Reminds of the scene in the first Toy Story movie with the toy soldiers.
Adina: pretty flowers and nice color on the tree leaves. So glad your DD will be coming for such a long visit! :o))
Rann: I certainly don't know a thing about divorce laws in Iceland but couldn't you ask for one of your DH's cars as part of your divorce settlement? and how about child support payments and making it so that your soon-to-be-ex DH has to pay the house payment, if you have one, at least until the girls are 18. Not trying to be "nosy" here, just want to know that you and the girls will be secure. It would be a shame if you have to leave your home in the midst of all this turmoil you are going through right now. Prayers going up for you and the girls.

Another unseasonably warm day on tap. Currently 55*F and sunny. Wind out of the SW at 4 mph. Humidity 32% Heading for a high today of 69*F with a low tonight of just 51*F.
My daughter's next door neighbor has iris blooming!! Amazing for this time of year and the climbing rose also has several blooms on it. Yes, the plants and flowers in our area are definitely confused.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2009 7:41 AM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rann I really like the Autumn Crocus.
Don't know why we don't have more of them.
I guess we just keep forgetting them when it's bulb buying time.
Sorry to hear about the car.
It's tune up day here for ours.

Well we got hit w/ a very cold shot last night.
One I saw that icy moon last night I knew it was coming.
It was 25° here this morning.
Looks like I can finally put the caps on the banana cages.
We'll be sunny and going to 56° today.
60° tomorrow.

Hopefully we'll get the new door in the Sewing Room installed.
Just too cold yesterday to leave that space open for that long.
It 'should' be a fairly straight forward deal....... lol!

Ric

(Zone 7a)

Rann, good luck with the car. We're down to one car ourselves. The Vette is put away for the winter and the Cavalier is sidelined until we can get it fixed. The radiator keeps overheating. So, that leaves the Tacoma. I was going to go to work for the Holidays but...

Bernie, you have lots to do, that's for sure.

Ric, you and Robyn enjoying the hottub already? I'll bet that was something to see!

Adina, those flowers are beautiful. The leaves look like they're putting out lots of color for you.

Mau, good you're having a great time.

45.4 °F with this as the high.
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 45 °F
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 29 °F
Wind: 3.0 mph from the NW
Wind Gust: 14.0 mph
Pressure: 29.97 in (Falling)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: You should make a photo calendar of Monty photos and put them on ebay. The cat lovers would most likely snatch them up in no time!

It has been a lovely day here with white fluffy clouds dotted across the sky, pleasant temps and sunshine. The wind is picking up a little and I will be going inside soon--starting to get a little bit cool. I have been sitting out on the deck enjoy the view and the weather here at my DD's house. I mentioned in my earlier post that the neighbor's flowers were blooming next door. Actually, the neighbor herself passed azway a few months ago and her grown daughter had an auction to sell the furniture and then she put the house on the market. Soooo, there is nobody living there to enjoy the flowers or take care of the flower beds. I thought I would take a few photos so all you flower lovers could enjoy the blooms. I know that Pat would like knowing that somebody was getting to enjoy them down here on earth. :o))

This is view of the rose arbor from my daughter's yard.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is a close-up of one of the roses in the late afternoon sunshine.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

The cactus is blooming, too.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This is one of the iris blooms.

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

This must be a miniature rose of some kind. It is blooming in Pat's front flower bed.

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 3b)

26*F and a beautiful, fresh snowfall to enjoy.
Sunrise: 9:40
Sunset: 3:48
loss of 3m:58sec
ric~so sorry about your friend's son; will go check the thread next.
Thanks for the many Thanksgiving wishes; I, too, am so thankful for DG friends along w/family/friends.
There have been beautiful and funny, photos posted; such a good way to see the world.
rann~hopefully some of the things marsu mentioned, will work out for you.
Took a short walk this afternoon; quiet and nice out.
An out-building roof-line~

Thumbnail by kiska
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Celia, the photos of Monty and the army man are a major riot!

(((((Rann)))))

It feels cooler than this.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PST on November 28, 2009
61 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 31 °F
Wind: 9 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 18 mph
Pressure: 29.76 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 10000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

this is what a 40% chance of rain looks like

Thumbnail by Kelli

Nice and warm with the sun out today. Did have a bit of wind but it still was nice.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Like Pepper it was warm and sunny here too!
We were working in shirtsleeves.

Had a problem early.
One of my hoses slipped in the pond.
I had turned off one of the pumps and was draining it for the winter.
Bad news we lost about 80% of the pond water. (about 1/2 full now)
Good news is the fish are fine.
And w/ so little water we were able to catch the little ones FINALLY and move them to their winter home in the Stock Tank.
Also got all the goop cleaned out and the 'hardy's' moved into the deep end.

After fixing the hose we took down and disassembled the leaf netting.
Worked like a charm and there we barely any leaves in the pond.
Considering it's under a 60' tall Maple......

Then decided to work on the new door in the Sewing Room.
The opening is now framed and the door fitted.
Tomorrow (perfect weather again) we will hinge and hang it, finish the outer wall and foam.
Then I can finish the exterior trim and siding during the week.
I'll save a pic until we're done.
Here's the hole though.....

And my buddy stopped by and tuned the car, changed the wires and filters and the oil.
We're ready for winter. Well not really but we are prepared.....lol!

Ric

This message was edited Nov 28, 2009 9:42 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CELIA!! Have a great day!!

Kiska: lovely and peaceful looking roofline pic, though cold looking, too.
Kelly: Your 40% chance of rain looks very pleasant to me! :o))
Ric: once again, you have been busy, busy. I'm glad the fish are doing fine.

Detailed Local Forecast for Harrison, AR:
* Today: Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 62F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
* Tonight: A shower or two possible this evening with partly cloudy skies overnight. Low 36F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Ric, glad you are almost done with work and the fish are safe in the pond! Seeing this picture I've just figured out : you're the one who takes pictures and Robyn is the one who does the work!LOL Again, your weather sounds like mine!
Kelli, it really "seems" you are going to get some rain!LOL
Rann, I'm sorry for the car! I hope it doesn't need too much to fix it. Mau has a point, you should have some advantage on your side from this divorce even if it seems too hard to think about this. But you have to do it for you and for your girls. We are here for you anytime and will support you all along...I know how hard this is and how painfull, but you have to get your strength back and face it. If your DH wants this divorce, then he has to pay for you and the kids, so you won't have any financial problems, especially with raising the girls. He doesn't deserve your love if he acts like this. Even if it is hard, get yourself together and try to live your life as it is, for your girls sake. Oh, and he will have to pay a penssion for your illness too if you got it during your marriage...I'm sure the laws are the same in your country. I know it sounds like a cold thinking, but you need to be like this, it's your future we're talking about and of which he doesn't care about at all. I'm sure the girls will help you go through this too, much easier than if you were alone. Try to enjoy the holidays for their sake, it will do you good too. Don't let him ruin your holidays, he doesn't deserve so much sacrifice! Sorry if I sounded too bold or too rough. I went through a partial divorce with my DH once and I know this isn't easy, especially with 2 kids. Fortunately, we got back together and thigs went well afterwards. Maybe this could happen to you too...praying for better times and sending good thoughts to you and the girls.
Mau, very lovely pictures of the neighbor's garden. I hope someone gets care about the garden soon. What a proud grandma to go with the oldest grandsons at a movie...and they are great to want to go with you!LOL
Kiska, great view! How was Thanksgiving?
Celia, that Monty is a beauty!
Pepper, sorry you didn't get the mixer!

The weather was warm today although it rained last night. It was sunny ,no wind no clouds and 56 at noon, getting warmer the next days...like coming Spring!LOL Great sunset last night!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Mau, thanks for reminding us!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CELIA! Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hello Everyone,

We have another Chinook so all the CDN Football Fans are thankful, since the Grey Cup is here in Calgary today.

High of +10ºC or 50ºF, Low tonight +3ºC or 37ºF
Condition: mostly cloudy wind to become gusting to 50 km/hr or 31 mph
Wind: SW 17 km/h or 11 mph
Relative Humidity: 46%
Pressure: 101.5 kPa or 29.98" rising
Dewpoint: -3.5ºC or 25.7ºF
Ceiling: 21000 ft
Visibility: 64 km or 40 miles

Altitude: 1084 m or 3556 ft
Latitude: 51.12º
Longitude: -114.04º

Sunrise: 8:15AM
Sunset: 4:33PM
Daylight Hours: 8 hrs 17 min

Great sunset picture Adina
Love the snow scene too, kiska

This message was edited Nov 29, 2009 11:41 AM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We had a nice sunset a few minutes ago

Thumbnail by joannabanana

Cold and cloudy again. High was only in the 40s.

Went to leaflady's today. No deer this year but it wasn't a good year for them this year. We see them everywhere but not when we can shoot them. But I did take a friend with me and we all had a good time. Her pets of course went nuts over me cause I made sure to give them lots of attention. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Celia HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Don't know how I missed it this morning.

Joanna I'm watching the Grey Cup now..... GREAT Game!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

;( I was cheering for Green. apparently someone can't count

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

GREAT ending!
Sorry.
I really didn't have a favorite.
I like Canadian AND Australian Rules Football for a change of pace.
It was a fun game to watch though.

Great picture there of the sunset!
Yours too Adina!

That's why I studied photography.... to shoot other people working! LOL!

Ric

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday!

I watched the Vikings destroy Chicago today. Best team we've had since they started here in 1960? Not sure, but it's been a while. A star at ever position is remarkable. Then if somebody gets hurt, there's another good player to take his place.

I finished the painting today, so lots of furniture moving this afternoon. We will wait until later to put trim on some of the windows & doors. Living room windows will get done tomorrow.

Got to get busy in the shop. Another person called the other day. We stopped there yesterday & I'm sure we will get the job. Small kitchen in their basement.

What's with all this violence & other crazy stuff going on ? 4 police killed in Washington state & then Dusty's son getting run down by the speeding kid. Seems like every day someone in the Twin Cities gets shot or stabbed. So sad!

Bernie

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

A lot has gone on this weekend. I don't have time to comment on everything. Great pics everyone.

Celia Monty is a hoot!!
Rann – Yes that is her highness Isaboo! I will be talking to the bank today.

50.4 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 50 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 29.96 in (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft

Today
Partly cloudy. High 74. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Almost all of our Christmas decorations were stolen during the move in April. Very little is left; at least they didn't steal the tree or the dishes. Pretty much what wasn't stolen was what we stored in the house. I'm most heartbroken over the items form my mom when I was growing up. They weren't monetarily valuable, but the sentimental value is limitless. We are having to start over with the decorations, it's almost all gone.

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Celia, I had a cat for 16 years that looks like Monty only it was a "she". She was a flamepoint hemilayian (sp) and her name was Scarlett. Great pictures!!!! Like Sharon, so much going on with the family here for Turkey Day that I have gotten way behind on this thread. I too love the comments and pictures from everyone. HAPPY BIRTHDAY....I'm a little late.

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear about your decorations. You are right, you cannot replace the sentimental items. I have to go through all my Christmas things and see what I can use down here. Went out yesterday to look for some entry trees to put by the door on the front porch. Found some on sale at Michael's but don't know if I like them or not.

(Zone 3b)

12*F
Sunrise: 9:44
Sunset: 3:45
It's 6 am now, so a few hours till sunrise. Time to have coffee.
Thanksgiving was so nice; My oldest daughter, Carol/family, did a wonderful job of hosting.
Our Thanksgiving day visitor/one of two that were browsing.
Have a good day and week; will have coffee and get back later.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

Same one/Thanksgiving Day.
(Sorry if I've posted these earlier).

Thumbnail by kiska
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Moose Alert!
That still cracks me up kiska!
Our deer around here could run under those brutes!

Speaking of deer Wu started barking a few minutes ago.
2 deer went bounding down thru Jon's yard.
No pics unfortunately.

Grey and 42° here and that's how it will stay.

Today Robyn will get some more stuff out and incorporated into the light display.
Still have boxes of interior display items but w/ all the construction that won't be happening....lol!

I have to put the hinges on the new door, hang it and finish the framing.
I'll do the exterior work tomorrow when we're supposed to have mid 50's and sunny.
We put contractor's plastic over the outside opening Saturday so we can work indoors w/o letting all that cold air enter.
It's a strange door but as I suspected look Killer in the space.

Ric

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Seasonal temp around freezing. Forecasted to snow later today. Sunrise this morning

Thumbnail by joannabanana
(Zone 7a)

Joanna, stay warm! Great pics.

Kiska, you stay warm, too. I did what you did the other day and ran through the snow barefoot! LOL It was great!

Ric, that's why I got a camera! LOL

FF, do you have pics of her? I love kitty pics. I'll bet she was as soft as Monty-man.

Kiska, I don't care how many times you post them, they're still great to see.

Sharon, I will never understand some people. I dealt with thieves everyday while I was working and I STILL don't get it. My sympathies on the lose of your memories.

34.9 °F
Partly Cloudy with 43º for the high.
Windchill: 35 °F
Humidity: 60%
Dew Point: 22 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 30.37 in (Falling)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Isis being lazy. Or shot. Or both.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

It's cooler today--current temp is 44*F but the sun is shining in a cloudless sky
Today Sunny
High 51°F
Precip 0%
Wind: From NW at 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 45%
UV Index: 3 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:04 AM CT
Sunset: 4:58 PM CT
Avg. High: 51°F
Record High: 74°F (1973)
Tonight Mostly Clear
Overnight Low 37°F
Precip 10%
Wind: From WSW at 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 51%
Avg. Low: 33°F
Record Low: 10°F (1964)

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Celia, I only have one pic. of her when she was quite old. The rest of my pictures were not digital.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.