November Daily Weather - Let us give Thanks!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1056585/

We love to hear from everyone. Please feel free to join our daily chat!

I am thankful I was finally able to open DG today LOL! You don't have to be American or Canadian to have a day of "Thanksgiving". I would love to hear what you are thankful for.

I am thankful for many things, but I am very thankful for the friendship I have made here on DG.

Flip – Love your guard frogs!
Joanna – Looks like you guys had a great time at the craft sale!
Celia- Congrats on the grandson! Such an exciting time for you and your family! You got some serious snow! At first I thought it was a Kiska picture!
Bernie – that was very nice of your neighbor to help you out.
Dyson – Waving!!! Hope your start to dry out soon!
Kelli- LOL at your MIL! Neat pics! I’ve never seen a capybara.

I had this same problem last week with the DG server. It’s been a coolish day. The fog never burned off so it kept our temps down. Made me happy!

63.9 °F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 59 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 9.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 1400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight partly cloudy early in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Areas of fog after midnight. Low 56. North winds 5 mph.

I took this yesterday at the beach. I had a nice time walking and enjoying the sound of the waves and the peace.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2009 7:21 PM

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Hey everyone! :-)

I received a very special gift in the mail today ...... I really don't have words to express how grateful I am for the trouble you've gone through mailing the card accross the country for all of you to sign it. It brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. You are THE BEST!!!! I'm so lucky to have had the honor of getting to know you all. Thank you all so much! :-) I will cherish it always.
I know something good will come from all this eventually ...... it just hasn't materialized yet. Thank you all for your incredible support, it means the world to me. I've been feeling pretty abandoned and alone this week, thank you for boosting my spirit :-) (now I'm tearing up again! lol)

It was partly sunny today, quite breezy and chilly. High around 35°F.

Marsue - I forgot to mention that I'm glad Friday made it back safe and sound the other day .... what a scare that must have been!

Flipflops - nice to see you back - your house is gorgeous! Must be fun to be able to grow citrus fruit :-) Don't envy you the fireants though, nasty buggers ...... learned that the hard way pretty soon after we moved to Florida. After that I never took a step on a lawn without looking down! lol

Selma and I managed to get the Christmas lights hung on the eves of the house over the weekend. I was going to leave them, but Hildur Eva insisted that they must go up. I'm horribly afraid of hights so I wasn't too excited about climbing the ladder. I had Selma hold the ladder at first, then she wanted to try the ladder which worked out better since I had more strength to hold her than the other way around. lol She did a great job and really enjoyed it too!

I'm really trying to get myself in a festive mood, very difficult, most mornings I just don't want to wake up to this never-ending-nightmare ...... but I'm determined to get there ..... Thanksgiving weekend is also the first in Advent so it's time to get the Christmas preparations started. I'm going to do my best to keep things as close to "normal" for the girls, there are so many traditions that we've made for ourselves and I'm keeping them all in place for them.

I'm watching "So you think you can dance" right now ........ love that show..... always puts a smile on my face :-)

Hope you all have a good night!

Rann

(Zone 5a)

I knew I forgot something -

Celia - congrats on the grandbaby again - glad Crystal is doing well! :-)

Kelli - lol at your MIL ..... seems very inexpensive to me ;-) lol

Rann

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli: I enjoyed your zoo pics. Our zoo in Little Rock charges $10.00 for adults and $8.00 for seniors over 65 and also for children. There is a $2.00 parking fee in addition to that.
Sharon: nice beach photo with the birds. Re: thankful for so many things--my home, my family, my friends, my little dog Friday, my reasonably good health, and like you, my DG "family".
Rann: I think I will be joined by all who signed that card in saying that it was sent with much love. It sounds like you are keeping those family traditions alive for the girls as regards the holidays. I am sure that you will find that it will be a great comfort for you, too, when all is said and done.

I spent the morning cleaning house. It's always a good feeling to get the dusting and vacuuming, etc. done. Now, if it could just stay clean--LOL.

Tonight:
Overcast. Slight chance of a shower late. Low near 50F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2009 7:18 PM

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Rann we had to do something to boost the spirits of our favorite Icelandic Member!
Besides it was fun playing Where's Waldo w/ the card! lol!

Kelli I wish I'd known you were going the the SBZ.
They have one of the best plantings of Staghorn Ferns I've ever seen.
Did you manage to get to them?
It's a GREAT little pocket zoo.
I'm looking at a mug and some patches we got there right now.
We always gear our trips around zoos.

Cloudy but nice here today.
Did the 3 month 1/2 HT drain and fill today.
Twice a year we drain and clean the Hot Tub... 3 months later we do a 1/2 change.
The water gets a bit stale after all the chemicals you have to use.

I played light doctor again too.
(I'm getting pretty good at fixing string lights!)
Robyn did the displays.
We usually fire up the house lights Thanksgiving night and then add to the displays thru Christmas.
This year we'll probably have the whole thing ready Weds.

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sharon, couldn't you have waited for the new thread? LOL. Just kidding! I'm back just in time.

60 and partly cloudy today.

Today has been a good but bad day. Good cause I came home, bad cause I had my coat stolen on friday night and my cds, cd player with headphones, and adapters so I could play my cd player with my cassette player in my truck, but didn't know my music stuff was stolen til today. My grandma was really upset cause she never has had to worry about stuff like that before. She knows pretty much everyone around her and they all watch out for her and the rest of the family. Luckily I pretty much know what cds were stolen and just have to find the cases for the rest and make a list up so I can have it to replace them. Only about 10-20 cds at the most but they were my favorites. They also took the home charger for my phone but left my truck charger, my bibs, a hat and a crazy hat I have in there. I hope I never see the person(s) who took my stuff cause by the time I get done with them (and my family up there) they won't want to even think about doing that stuff again.

Rann, glad you got everything!! Big hugs from the midwest!!

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Rann, you hang in there. I wasn't online and didn't know about your unfortunate situation. Just want you to know I have you in my prayers and my heart. It will get easier to handle in time. I know because I lost my sister right before last Christimas and it was one of the hardest times in my life. I still have days that I miss her terribly but I have days that are much better now. You seem like you are very determined to keep up good spirits for your girls and you will get through this. Take care of yourself.

My DD and her family are coming for Thanksgiving and I am very excited. This is their first visit to Georgia since we moved. We have been up there several times.....have become "Road Warriors" and burn up Interstate 95 quite often. I have alot of cooking to do the next couple of days so I can get as much done before they get here. My little grandson will be running all through this house and I know he's going to up and down the stairs a million times LOL

If I don't get on here much in the next week.....I wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving. It's so neat hearing from everyone in their little corner of the world. I am thankful for each one of you.

(Zone 7a)

Rann, a true worldwide family we are becoming. Like all families, you make me smile and cry and wish I were wish each of you every day. I miss you terribly when you or I aren't on the "air". I'm with Mau when she said it was with much love. And the "Where's Waldo" game was fun. too! LOL

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Areas of morning fog. Considerable cloudiness. High 62F. Winds light and variable.
Evening: Mainly cloudy. Areas of fog with some patchy drizzle. Low 46F. Winds light and variable.

Currently - Dark

Rann - We love you and are praying for peace for you and the girls. “Where’s Waldo” indeed LOL! Good job on getting the lights up. That is one of the hardest things for me to do.
Mau – I desperately want a self-cleaning house LOL!
Pepper – That’s awful! Was the house broken into or your truck? I hope the person who did this to you is found.
Flip – Sounds like you are going to have that house full of family! Don’t work too hard and enjoy the holiday! Delegate LOL! The word of the day for the next 1.5 months!
Dyson – It’s DysonDim here!

Do y’all think it would harm the camellia to put lights on it?

60.8 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 56 °F
Pressure: 30.15 in (Rising)
Visibility: 1.5 miles
Clouds: Overcast 400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Mostly cloudy. Areas of fog early in the morning. Patchy drizzle in the morning...then slight chance of showers in the afternoon. High 67. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Seems all my whining about the over warm weather has paid off with the "powers that be" LOL! We are going to be cooler this week even {{cold}} Saturday morning! Yeah, it's all about me LOL!

This is my favorite picture from Sunday. This man was taking pictures of the birds and ocean when the gulls started circling him.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sharon other than knowing they are beautiful in bloom I don't know much about Camellias.
I don't ever remember reading they bloom due to a lighting situations so.....
Except for nearby poinsettias (which should already be blooming by now) I can't see why not.

LED bulbs throw very little heat so that wouldn't be an issue.

Many marginally hardy plants and shrubs up here actually can be overwintered w/ a plastic tent and being wrapped w/ old style Christmas light strings.
They generate just enough heat to protect the plant but not burn it
Brian Williams' dad does his palms that way.

Flip it sounds like you'll be happily busy!

Rann I think keeping your and the girls routine constant will go a long way to helping.
The Holidays are a tough time for this to be taking place.
They are at a good age to learn a lot of the traditions
but to still be amazed and think it's play not work....lol!
Keep the girls full of Joy and it will trickle down.

Grey day here near 60°.
The weather forecast for Thursday is tightening up.
Looks like mid 40's and rain. Maybe some snow showers Friday night.

The Thanksgiving drive isn't too bad.
One and a quarter hours or so up, then 30 minutes back down to my Sister's, then 45 minutes Home.

(Zone 7a)

29.1 °F with 36º for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 29 °F
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 18 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 1.0 mph
Pressure: 30.56 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Clouds: Few 14000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Rann, we love you. :-)

Ric, I didn't notice any noteworthy staghorn ferns. The plants that got my attention were a large Canary Island dragon tree and a cactus that climbs up trees. Interesting that you like to go to zoos. I was beginning to think that DH and I were the only "kidless" people who go to the zoo.

Hey, Bernie, Joe Mauer wins MVP. Yay! I was glad because he deserved it and also because a Yankee didn't win.

Wind advisory today. Last night we were watching t.v. and I heard the house creak. I readied myself for some shaking but there was no earthquake. It was the wind.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 8:51 AM PST on November 24, 2009
69 °F
Clear
Humidity: 9%
Dew Point: 7 °F
Wind: 13 mph from the North
Wind Gust: 22 mph
Pressure: 30.09 in (Rising)
Visibility: 8.0 miles
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Thumbnail by Kelli

crowned pigeon - They are as big as chickens

Thumbnail by Kelli
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

50º and gearing up for a good rain. We already had some earlier. I can't wait!

(((((RANN))))

Celia, absolutely adorable baby picture!!!

Kelli, I love the zoo!

Rann, good for Hildar Eve to insist, and yay for Selma being able to hang the lights!

Pepper, I'm angry too at the thief. Too angry to dare say more.

FlipFlops, my sister died right before Christmas in 1975. She was 16, I was 18. It is very hard.

Are you in there Dyson :o)

Kelli, love the pigeon. We went to the pigeon judging at the state fair and there are some spectacular and gorgeous types!

Rann, I missed the card, but that's ok. You know how much I care about you and the girls.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Kelli all the way back to the end of the zoo near the ocean view there were two oaks surrounded I think by Bird of Paradise.
They both had colonies of Ferns.... that morning ocean fog really made them impressive.
I have to dig out my slides.
Robyn and I plan all our trips around zoos, animal parks, aquariums and gardens.
We've hit 20 different zoos so far.
I've been to about 30.
We did San Diego Wild Animal Park and their Zoo, LA Zoo many times as we get in free (don't miss the Autrey while you're there) and of course the Santa Barbara.
We did a five day camping trip to Chicago years back and hit every zoo, aquarium, planetarium and natural history museum they have.
Good fairly inexpensive way to spend your time.

Gray day here.... cooking away!

Love ALL the bird shots!
Flamingos are my hobby...lol!

Ric

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

((((((((((((((((((((((((Rann))))))))))))))))))))))))) We do love you and your girls!! ^_^

I love zoos! I had a membership to the Columbus Zoo when I lived there - long before I was married and had kids, or even nieces and nephews. I did occasionally borrow friends' kids to go with me, but I also loved just wandering around by myself. Houston's zoo is very nice, but Columbus' is extraordinary... I was very spoiled! :-)

We went to a wildlife park (http://bayouwildlifepark.com/index.html) south of Houston last Thursday with a homeschool group. It was a blast! They have 50+ species of grazing animals and birds from all over the world on 80 acres. We took a tram ride through the park and got to feed ostriches, emus, antelope, deer, camels, llamas and alpaca, buffalo (one stole Katie's feed bucket!), wildebeest, zebras, cattle, donkeys, etc etc etc... The girls and I had a great time! They had some capybara there, too. They look like giant hamsters. LOL I forgot my camera, and have been kicking myself since. A friend is going to send me copies of hers.

We're having a week of nice, cool weather.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:53pm CST (44 min ago)
Temperature 65 °F 18 °C
Dew Point 51 °F 11 °C
Humidity 60%
Pressure 30.06 in 1018 mb
Wind Speed 9 MPH 8 kts
Wind Dir NNW 340°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 11:53am CST : 57.0°F / 13.9°C

Rest of today Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon then becoming mostly sunny late in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

(Zone 5a)

Thank you everyone for your kind words - I'm truly thankful to have stumbled upon Dave's Garden and met all of you :-)

I love zoo's too ! :-) We've always visited at least one zoo when we've traveled abroad ..... no zoo here except the farm animal zoo in Reykjavík ... doesn't really count ;-) lol

Frost this morning, high slightly above freezing, cold breeze, partly cloudy.

Great photos from the zoo Kelli :-) Those crowned pigeons are so pretty! I used to have a guinea pig when I was a kid .... always get a kick out of those capibaras ... they're like giant guinea pigs. lol

I contacted the company I worked for before I had to quit .... was hoping they'd take me back. Doesn't look like I'll have such luck. Still hoping for a break so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a good night

Rann

Thanks, Rann. Good luck. We'll be praying for you.

Still windy. Check out the dew point.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on November 24, 2009
76 °F
Clear
Humidity: 5%
Dew Point: -2 °F
Wind: 16 mph from the NNE
Wind Gust: 24 mph

gibbon

Thumbnail by Kelli

another gibbon

Thumbnail by Kelli
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Kelli, great pictures. I love zoos, animal parks, state parks and gardens too. I especially love anywhere there are birds. Went with a naturalist last year on a bird walk for two hours. I had so much fun and finally found out what an anhinga (sp) was and which one was a male and which one was a female. Luckily we went during migration here on the southeast coast and saw so many water birds. I especially love the wood storks and so grateful they are making a comeback.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

It was cold and windy here today--not really all that cold--around 50*F on my back porch most of the day but the wind made it seem colder.

I spent most of the afternoon getting ready to go to my daughter's house tomorrow. Washing clothes, ironing, packing, etc. I am staying at her house for two weeks so I will need to take more than I usually do. It is a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house to hers. However, I will stop on the way to visit a bit with Buddy's mother who will be spending Thanksgiving with her grandson (Buddy's son) and his family.
Even though I'll not be at home, I will be in touch--can't go very long without "talking" to my DG family--I would have withdrawals! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American "family" here on DG!

Rann: I'll be praying for you and the girls.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Kelli me and Dave are kidless and we go to the zoo, and fairs, carnivals, etc. LOL I love the pics, BTW. I used to do the same thing when my house cracked, brace for some movement! They have earthquakes back here too, I'll get into work and everyone is all excited about learning on the news there was an earthquake, they always say, "Christine did you feel the earthquake?" Sorry ya'll, can't feel a 2.0, 10 miles deep. I get a kick out of it, and they get a kick out of me freaking out when we have tornado weather!

Rann sweetie you know that we are always here for you and we love you, and I am so glad I've got to meet you here. I agree that keeping things traditional is the best way to go with the girls. Glad you got those lights up, I'm deathly afraid of heights too and I can't step one foot higher than the first step of a ladder, I just freak out.

I've been in hiding at work, busy as a bee I am. Keeps me out of trouble, well... or not! LOL

Pep I hope they catch that person who stole from you! That's horrible!

I love the San Diego Wild Animal Park, their zoo is awesome too! San Francisco has a really nice zoo.
I love doing all of that 'kid' stuff.

Drive Careful Marilyn! Love you and have a great Thanksgiving!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Low 40s and rain off and on all day but now the rain's done and it's drying out for a couple days.

The stuff was stolen out of my truck. I had left it unlocked because my grandma has lived there for probably 20 years, no problems and great neighbors. Needless to say she's upset and from now on everything will be brought in. We didn't report it though because I didn't notice the cds and stuff were gone til I was getting ready to leave. I had known about the coat Saturday but that was it. Since I was getting ready to come back home I didn't feel like messing with it. It wasn't alot of stuff and I should be able to replace everything easily. The adapter mgiht be a bit harder but I can find it online if my local store doesn't have it.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pepper: I forgot to say that I am sorry for the loss of your cd's and etc. What a bummer!

Thanks, Christine, I love you, too, and hope to see you at Debra's on the 12th.
:o))

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Minnesota Zoo added a farm animal section a few years ago. It is a real popular spot & you have to walk about ½ mile to get to it. They said so many city kids have no idea where their food comes from. They even have a big team of draft horses there. The day we were there they were putting new shoes on one of them.

Went to the wood store today for oak. Cabinet work will start tomorrow. House is done except for some drywall finishing & painting. 5 weeks today!

40º & light rain. We had enough rain to make everything muddy.

Bernie

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Pepper I'm sorry to hear that too.
Sounds like a theft of opportunity. Sad to say but there really aren't any safe neighborhoods any more.
Least they didn't damage the truck! That's the bright side.

We've actually talked about having an 'RU at the Zoo'.
I think that would be COOL!
Maybe get a tour of the gardens by one of their botanists....

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

EXCELLENT!
Bernie you all flew thru that remodel!

Ric

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, guys! I've been away and missed you all. Just tried to catch up and enjoyed all your posts and pictures, videos.
Rann, what a nice thing from your American friends! Your new hamster is so cute! I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time , but it'll pass. I know any word would be useless , but you have your girls to take care of and they need you ...and you them ...to get through this. I hope and pray you can find a job which you need so much now! Hugs to you and your girls!
Mau, have a safe drive and a great time with your family! Is Friday coming too? Thanks for sharing the link to the garden plans website, it's fabulous! I need to check it out more!
Sharon, thanks for starting a new thread for us and what a great idea of sharing what are we thankfull for. I'm thankfull for my great friends here on DG which are giving me a wonderful life, even if it is only online! LOL Especially you all here, on Weather, are amazing...I'm learning a lot from each of you and the atmosphere is so friendly I cannot stay away for too long !
Celia, how sweet of you to post the scan of your grandbaby! Couldn't they see if it's a boy or a girl? I can't remember if I told you here about the dreams my DD and I had about her baby, but I'll tell you again if I already did!LOL We both dreamed it was a girl and in DD's dream she was about 4, but in mine I saw her like in a picture...I hope this won't be the only way I'm going to see her in the future!LOL...and she was about 16(somehow I knew) and her name was Lucia. When we confronted our dreams, both Andreea and I saw the same girl, with dark blonde hair, green eyes and dark face. In my dream she seemed a very "good" girl, with her hair tight up in a small rolled pony tail and her hands in her lap, very serious....unlike her mom! I asked Andreea , now that she's going to be a mom, if she remembers what she used to tell us when she was about 16 ...about how she will let her daughter to go to the disco club and do what she wants...and you know what she said? That she(her DD) will have to forget about this, maybe in her 20s!ROTFLOL
Ric, thanks for the advice about the mums. I'll have to decide whether I'll take them inside or just let them outhere and cover with a plastic foil. I already mulched them around.
Kelli, I also love going to the zoo! I guess we are all kids when it comes to this!LOL
I'll have 3 days off starting tomorrow which will make a short vacation. I'm going to make a pumpkin pie for your TG!
Are you all ready for the holiday?
This is my DD!
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Cloudy, breezy and 35°F this morning. No ice to scrape this morning, which was a good thing because we were running late! :-) Went to the gym and pool after I dropped the girls off at school ...... somehow seems colder to swim in the mornings than at noon. But it certainly wakes you up! lol

Pepper - I also forgot to mention that I'm sorry your things were stolen, what a bummer!

Adina - thanks, the support from you all really does make a HUGE difference to me. Congratulations to you and your daughter on the coming grandchild ...... interesting dreams! :-)

It always amazes me how much the girls like going to the farm animal zoo .... it takes less than an hour to check out all the animals .... they're always the same .... but still they always enjoy it. lol They also have arctic foxes, reindeer and seals, that's the entire wild fauna of Iceland as well! lol Well except minks ... the mink they had got away ....... lol And sometimes they have injured birds that are recuperating ... I think they have an eagle and a falcon at the moment....... maybe it's time to pay them another visit ;-) lol

Mau - have a safe trip and a happy thanksgiving! :-)

Have a great day everyone!

Rann

Kelli – That is one big pigeon!!
Rann – Good luck on the job hunt. I’m sure you will find what you need at the perfect time. We’re praying for you!
Mau- Drive carefully and have a wonderful time with your family!
Adina – Congratulations to your daughter, you, CiCi and the rest of your family! Your daughter is beautiful - just like her mother!

58.9 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 59 °F
Wind: 3.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 29.98 in (Rising)
Visibility: 6.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 600 ft
Overcast 1400 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft

Now
Through 930 am...scattered showers in a larger area of rain will continue to move through northeast Florida and coastal southeast Georgia. The heavier showers will move into southern Putnam County...southeast Clay and the coastal waters east of Duval and northern Saint Johns counties. Isolated thunderstorms are possible in Marin County this morning. The showers are moving northeast at 20 miles an hour.

Today
Showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the morning. High 63. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

It started raining around 11:30 last night; so far we are at 1".

This is on of the dune walks to get to the beach. The dunes are protected by law...so no walking on them!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Rann, thank you! By all means, you have to take the girls to the zoo! You know we're always here for you!
Sharon, thank you for the wishes! Interesting about the dunes being protected by the law.

I just heard from my DD, she had a scan too! She had her first scan of the baby and she cried when saw him/her moving the arms and legs. I cried too when I heard...my baby's baby is moving !LOL
I'm at the car shop now, had to change a light bulb, put on the tires for snow, change oil, filters...when they gave us the bill I thought I could faint!LOL The only good thing is that they have Wireless Internet and I can connect here too.
Our schedule at work allowed me to take Monday off too, and with Tuesday being our National Day, that makes 7 days off in a row!!!!!!!!
Here are some fuchsia african violets.

Have a great day everyone!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

(((Rann)))
LOL about the Mink!
Sure they aren't somebody's hat right now........?

Adina a beautiful picture of a striking young lady.
Loved her 'new' take on the disco rules!
Congratulations to you all.

Sharon you just gave me an idea for the plantings on either side of the Boardwalk here.
I always did love the dune walks on the east coast.
I'm thinking Northern Sea Oats flanking the wood.
You really can't tell them from the beach oats except they are a bit more delicate.

48° (Wind Chill 42°) Dewpoint: 39° Wind: SW 14 MPH
The transition to Winter has begun it seems.
Mid 50's today. Mid 40's tomorrow.
Chance of flurries Friday night.
We'll be seeing temps more in the average 50°/33° range.

Ric

Good Morning everyone!!

Adina crazy dreams, huh! Neat that you both dreamed the same thing. I bet you two did cry, that's a very emotional moment.

Good Morning Rann!

Well I'm at work today so going to go. Here's our weather for the day:

48.7 °F
Clear
Windchill: 49 °F
Humidity: 24%
Dew Point: 14 °F
Pressure: 29.90 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds:
Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Sunny. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight
Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

(Zone 7a)

No comments as I don't have time. I must clean and cook!!! LOL I'll be thinking of ALL my DG friends!!!

36.5 °F with 40º for the high.
Partly Cloudy
Windchill: 34 °F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 27 °F
Wind: 6.1 mphfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 30.49 in (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4266 ft

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

I don't have much time either. Just finished cleaning the house and cooking half my stuff. Ham just came out of the oven and a pecan pie going in. I have to run back to Winn Dixie (AGAIN) so I can have some stuff in the house for the grands and stuff to make a couple of big breakfast. Ooooooooh Weeeeeeee!!!! I am so excited to see them. I hope all my DG friends have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Camcorder is charging and we are going to start making new beautiful memories in my house here in coastal Georgia I hope for many years to come.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm cleaning the house, too, but it isn't going to get done. Rats. I'd fire the maid and get a new one, but then where would I live?? LOL We have to head out to the airport in about an hour and a half. I'll be back Tuesday. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!!! I'm very very thankful for every one of you. ^_^

(Zone 3b)

Strong wind Thursday night...
Today
Increasing clouds with snow likely by afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the upper 20s to mid 30s. Variable wind to 10 mph.
Sunrise: 9:32 AM AKST (Alaska Standard Time)
Sunset: 3:53 PM AKST
Rann~you and your girls are very special and it's been a pleasure seeing the photos you post as they've grown. Lots of love coming your way from many people and places here on DG-Weather.
Sorry for being short on time; have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all~
Sharon~I'm thankful to my sister, (SacValley), for my first time on DG. It's a great group here.

Thumbnail by kiska

Adina – The dunes are protected for several reasons, the sand is white (which is a rarity here) and sea oats grown on them (sea oats are also protected because they inhibit erosion). Our beaches are always in the top 10 of the Conde Naste picks. Have a wonderful week off! That’s awesome!
Ric – Bowing…glad I could help LOL! Please send pics of the boardwalk when done.
Celia – Isis sure looks intense…are you opening a can of tuna? LOL!
Fip – You are ready for fun! Have a great time making new memories!
Marylyn – Have a wonderful trip and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Kiska – Gorgeous picture!

56.7 °F
Overcast
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 54 °F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the NNW
Wind Gust: 5.0 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in (Steady)
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 7000 ft
Overcast 11000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft

Rest of Tonight
Mostly cloudy with isolated sprinkles in the evening. Partly cloudy after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 40 coast. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.