New Hydrangea

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Have you seen some of the new ones? More new ones coming out this spring too. Have you tried any, how are they doing and do the new ones tempt you? So many more choices now for colder zones makes me very happy. Here are a few, please add some of your favs.
http://bailey.virtual-services.net/presslib/info/5778
http://www.gardencrossings.com/plant/Hydrangea_arborescens_Incrediball
http://www.gardencrossings.com/plant/Hydrangea__Spirit

Thumbnail by ngam
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I thought Bill got one of those incrediballs.

I'm actually considering some lace caps, after seeing them at Longwood Garden with the astilbe.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i do have a incrediball although it did not bloom this year - the stocks are very tall thinking i will need to make a lot more room for it

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Oh that is a pretty combo Jen. The lacecaps are blue around here though unless you sweeten the soil to get them to go pink. Would be worth doing to get that pretty look I think.
Bill if the blooms get as large as they say they do, it will need large stems to hold those suckers up. Didn't Victor get one of those too? It will probably bloom for you next year don't you think? Looking forward to some pics of those.

Thumbnail by ngam
New Boston, NH

They are awesome with the Astillbe,will try that this spring.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

not sure if he did or not - i know i will have to move mine to accomofate its future size - hope it does blloom next year

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I planted about 8 or so Invincible Spirit and Incrediball. I am 'trialing' them. They were small and I just planted them so we'll see.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

I think I will order some of the Invincible Spirit this spring. I could use a nice pink ball shaped one here since hydrangea with that type of bloom are blue or white here due to soil ph. These bloom on new wood so they are not effected by the dreaded late frost that can rob blooms from the old wood bloomers. I will be interested to hear how yours grow and bloom. If they all do well, you will have quite a show in the garden from the huge blooms.

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

Not sure how new it is, but has anyone had much success with the 'Lemon Daddy' hydrangea? I picked a 3gallon potted up 'Lemon Daddy' at one of my favorite garden centers, for 50% off :-) I think I ended up paying about $15 for it.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Hydrangeas! ^_^ Have any more pics?

Here's one, Phoebe. Blue Billow.

Thumbnail by victorgardener
Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Aaahhhhhh........feels good! It's beautiful Victor!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Nice Victor.
Here are a few more of mine. First another shot of paniculata 'Pinky Winky'.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

'Endless Summer'

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Same ES this fall.

Thumbnail by ngam
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

and a close-up shot. Hope you enjoy. Add yours too. :)

Thumbnail by ngam

Very nice, Pat!Here's another Blue Billow.

NOID mop. (The one that still has blooms.)

Same plant.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I just love Blue Billow and Pinky Winky! I think hydrangea might bee my signiture plant if I am lucky enough to have another Garden. Actually, it will have to be a pretty big one to accommodate everything on my someday wish list! LOL

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Amazing December bloom!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Those are all very pretty. I love hydrangea and hope my ES blooms next year. It hasn't bloomed for 2 years since I moved it. It may not be getting enough sun now.

Same mop.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Well....how'd ya do that?

Wish I knew! I never limed it. Could be a result of the new patio.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Go figure....Guess we'll have to wait til next year for the final chapter of this mystery!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

That is very cute Victor. Looks like half the bush is getting lime seepage from the cement in the patio or from the runoff from construction that drained into the soil. It will probably go purple then back to blue eventually. Looks pretty with the two tone effect though.

That's what I'm guessing, thought those two blooms were equally close to the patio.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Perhaps their toes are in different pH zones...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.