Gardening Friends Diet and Exercise Chat

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Everyone and Thanks for joining me on my goals to eat healthier, exercise more and lose weight!

Here's what we'll do:

DAILY FOOD AND EXERCISE JOURNAL
It goes something like this:

7am- Coffee with vanilla creamer, 2 pieces of plain toast, bowl of oatmeal.

9am- 1/2 cup of sliced cantaloupe

12pm- walked the dog for 30 minutes

1pm- bowl of tomato soup with whole wheat crackers, glass of iced tea

3 pm- 3 Oreo cookies (bad)

5 pm- Spaghetti with whole grain pasta, ground turkey, zucchini and tomato sauce. Salad with Low Fat Italian Dressing

7pm- 3 sets of 12 reps using 3lb weights -arms and legs

9pm- small bowl of butter free salted popcorn

We will post today's eats and exercises tomorrow, and so on
These are just examples, but most important, just be honest and show yourself what you need to do. You can count calories if you want. Nobody is perfect and everyone is going to cheat sometimes. But we can do this together if we encourage one another to just make a 10 % shift from our current eating and exercise habits. You know your own personal boundaries and any type of exercise is acceptable. You don't ever have to tell your starting weight, but weigh loss goals, and pounds lost would be encouraging to everyone else.

DON"T WEIGH YOURSELF MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK
I had a personal trainer for some years and she always told me not to weigh myself more than once a week. It discourages you and you will "give in" if you feel like you didn't do well enough. Since we are starting this today, and it's Friday, we will do weigh-ins on Friday evenings at 7pm (my time, TN) .. Again, only weight loss numbers.

.... Let's share healthy recipes, exercises, and health information. I will try to offer as much information as possible to help you guys. If you want to count calories, or know what your daily calorie intake should be, do that. What ever works best for you. I have an App on my Ipod that will tell me calories, so if you need to know a specific calorie count on a certain food you eat or ate, let me know and I will look it up. I will add a list of common foods and their calories to make it easy for you guys. I will also do a list of exercises that we can do and tools to try. We can even try throwing in weight loss contests and challenges once we get going. The holidays are here, and we know what that means. The first month may not be so good, but it's a good way to ease into things. Just do your best. You only have yourself to answer to. Just don't give up trying. We can do this- together

So start today, write down all of your eats and activities today. Don't forget to weigh yourself and record it in your journal so we can weigh in next Friday night at 7 pm right here..

MEMBERS LIST
Everyone is welcome to join us. Just dmail me and I will add you to the members list. I will use this to keep track of everyone's total weight loss and group total.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE- YOU CAN DO IT!

This message was edited Nov 20, 2009 12:29 PM

This thread has 210 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!