Critters Big and Small Vol #2

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Time to start a new thread, this link will bring you back to our previous thread, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010317/

Feel free to share your wildlife with us.

While I was joy riding in the boonies yesterday, I came upon this Deer Farm.
I saw this female resting under some trees.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

And spied, this skittish one among the trees.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Nice ones burn!! I saw a couple of does wednesday evening but it was way to dark for pics.

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Great pictures. I'm praying the ones around here will be safe with hunting season opening
tomorrow.
Christine

Our hunting season opened last weekend and it has been pretty quiet aorund here where I live for a change. I think a lot of folks just couldn't get the time off work this year like they always have. But there is a plentiful deer population here so not worried about there being no deer left!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Hunters have been out in the woods here as well. And I have to remind myself, not to drive in those wooded roads. I don't normally drive very far in though. But it did happen last year, before I realize I was in the danger zone, when I was up the mountain.

Yes it is just so easy to forget and then the next thing you know there is a tradgic accident. We knew a someone who was killed in a rabbit hunting accident just weeks after she had a baby and I had a friend whose brother was killed while deer hunting.

These 2 squirrles...hard to see the one on the left.... were reall y going at it. Chasing each other up and down and around this tree yesterday!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

That is so sad to hear. I feel for those close to them, that have to deal with the lost.

Those squirrels seem, to be having so much fun. I haven't seen any squirrel for some time now. My feeders are emptying up just as fast though, because of these " kitties". They're here almost every night. They're yearling.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Its so tragic that people have to die during hunting season. A guy I went to school with was shot and killed by his best friend on their first hunting trip.
Cute pic's of the squirrels and raccoons
Christine

Oh burn they are so cute! I haven't seen any of our in the longest time. But I know they are around due to broken feeders and food gone!

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

My Black-tailed deer are constant visitors in my front yard.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This little one comes close to the fence to see if I'll throw it a bunch of hollyhock leaves.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Lovely creatures Duc, I didn't know they ate hollyhock as well. Your garden seem to be nature friendly, lots of grass seeds for the birds. Are those berries in the tree, in the back?

Haven't seen much wildlife lately, except for birds.
I'm just back from visiting my two sons, in Moncton N.B. And my goal was, to get pictures of some pheasants, I've seen a couple of time there. And I was successful in getting pictures of them.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

There were 4 of them among some shrubs 3 males and a female. Couldn't get them all in one shot.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
PERTH, Australia

All gorgeous critters. Burn, that is one beautiful pheasant and I love the look on the faces of the raccoons.

Cute squirrels, nanny.

What an exquisite face on the young deer, duc.

Not much going on here either..Beautiful pheasants!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thank for your nice comments, glad you enjoy them.

Sandusky, OH

Nice shots everyone! Never ventured into the wildlife forums, and it seems this thread is any goes. I have a few shots, but will have to look for them. :)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Bring them on Burd. Would love to see them.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Sure would! Your photos are always so good too! Can't wait to see them!

Sandusky, OH

These were all taken with a Canon Power-shot S5is some on macro/supermacro. Not that great.

This is the local Woodchuck/Groundhog/Whistlepig every evening he was enjoying the fallen apples.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Bull frog in my brothers pond.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Bumble bee

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Some kind of Cricket.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

A big Ant.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

A Jumping Spider

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

A type of fly.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Trout

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

Swallowtail

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
Sandusky, OH

End with a Muskrat.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos

Nice ones Burd!!! Groundhogs just always make me chuckle for some reason. :)

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

I never seen a Muskrat up close, like that, neat. Lovely little spider, you got a real good pic of it.

Sandusky, OH

Found another Muskrat pic from back in May.

Thumbnail by Burd_Fotos
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Love the wild life here...awesome Pheasant and deer shots! I'm like you Nanny...those Groundhogs are smile makers!

We did have 3 Squirrels but one got ran over so we are down to 2. I love having them around and they seem to love all the feeders...LOL!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Cool shot Burd...we used to have them in our pond when we had the dairy.

Another squirrel shot.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Last squirrel shot.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Up at the brush pile I put out corn and sunflower seeds in the winter. These little guys are loving it!! They are so cute...I'm not sure but guess that they are field mice.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Last one!

Thumbnail by dellrose
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Rose, that is to cute, love the mouse one, with the face!!!
We had a lot of those during potato harvest time. When the potato digger would pass over the rows, it would unearth their nest, and we could see them scrambling about. Bunch of them. And we would find them in the barn where we stored the wheat. The cats had a field day chasing them.

Burd, they do look a lot like rats.:)

One of the little frog, that found my pond last spring.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

A groundhog at the marina.

Thumbnail by burn_2007

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.