Loss of a Friend

Alpharetta, GA

Hi all

I know I am never on here anymore but some of you may remember ET. He is my friend Robyns horse that has been at my house for 3 years. He was part of my family and when Robyn had to move home her parents made her lease him out so they didn't have to pay his board. Four months ago he moved to another farm with a wonderful family and two girls who loved him very much! On Saturday they were having a lesson on him when another inexperienced rider ended up falling off her horse and her horse fell through the arena fence where ET was. It scared him and the girl riding him fell off (unharmed). They were able to catch ET and while their mom went to help the other horse (who has now gotten her back hoofs in the stirrups of the saddle that has slipped underneath) ET collapsed. It sounds like he may have seizured and then took 4-5 gasps and was gone. He was 21 and very healthy so it was very shocking! I was called as soon as it happened but in the 15 minutes it took me to get there he was already gone. The two girls leasing him (and parents) are just hearbroken especially that they had to witness everything and could do nothing. Robyn is at peace with it and is just happy he went fast and didn't suffer. No humans were hurt and while the other horse was scraped up, she was okay. We were very blessed in so many ways and the family that owns the farm let him be burried there. They couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. I personally am happy it didn't happen if front of Reagan as I know she would have been beside herself.

Anyway, I just thought I would share a link that Suzanne did of ET and her two girls for those who remember him. I can't watch it anymore as it just makes me cry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1jxsRMaMxo

Erika

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!