GOODBYE TO BASIL FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

These are setting lots of seeds....more Basil in the spring

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Weekend! Did everyone survive Friday the 13th?

Jesup, GA

Good morning all! Poo's are fed and chirping,quacking happily. Hope every one else is too! Moon how was all that food last night? Probably feel bloated but satisfied this a.m. Grin. Have a busy day planned. Little grand came home with us last night after her dance recital. When her mom picks her up husband and I are going to do some more remodeling on our house. Today we are ripping up old floor in dining room and putting down new one. Trying to cut cost and do it our selves. Hiring some one is soooo, expensive. Every one have a good day and will catch up later. That's if I'm able. Might look like a staved up old mule after we get this floor done. Grin.....Got the Ben Gay handy!

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

Dixie, I lone dance recitals! They make me tear up, no matter who's dancing. DD told me when she was very little that she had to know how to dance (ballet). I got 5 years of recitals out of that.

To go any further she would have had to go 2x/week, and it was a 1/2 hour drive, so I didn't mind her quitting. She can still do weird things with her feet.

What type of dance? Any pictures?

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Yes, any pictures of her dance recital? Or just her?

Jesup, GA

Good morning Smiley, I know all of the little kids are so cute when they are dancing. I thought husband got the camera he thought I got it. One of those things. But my daughter and her husband had theirs so we will still have pictures. I have some of her in a parade not to long ago. Didn't forget the camera that time! Grin.... She takes ballet,tap,baton,jazz. She has always loved music and to dance.

Jesup, GA

Good morning V. How are girl?

Jesup, GA

Gotta get to work on this floor in a while. Yall have a good day!! and I'll see ya a little later.

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

Good Morning Venice,Smilely,Dixie and Moon. It's a beautiful day here so think I will venture out and see what I can get into. Dixie don't over do it, The poos will need ya.

Good Morning Ladies.

Dixie, dinner is tonight....DHJim worked last night...I spent my late afternoon/ early evening getting headlamps on truck changed out. Moisture was seeping in and that is a really bad thing for halogens. Thank goodness it was under warranty as those big buggers run about $400 each. Just kinda makes your stomach roll.....grin
Can't wait to see your little cutie in her dance costume.Oh, WEAR KNEEPADS...grin

Good Morning Venice and Smiley....Lynnie got lost somewhere...saw her post on the last thread.

Hope everyone has a great productive day. Smiley, enjoy your day with your Mom.

Morning Flowers. Hope all is well with you today. Hope to get a little done outside myself. If nothing else getting everything watered....in November....gotta look to getting stuff moved into greenhouse too.

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

Yep its that time for sure Moon. Nov. has been pretty mild so far but look for that to change real quick.

I hear ya....and it will probably be a matter of 70 degrees today dropping down to 30 degrees tonight...grin

Kenmore, NY(Zone 6a)

Good morning everyone. Thank you Moon, we'll have fun today I'm sure.

Dixie, good luck with that floor. Take progress pictures!

Everyone have a good day, better get moving.

Leicester, NC(Zone 8a)

You girls have fun and be careful. Computer is telling me to get off here it is moving reaaaaly slooooow. Bye all

Into the fray, ladies.....meet back here for a progress report....have a great day.

Moon, you said you wanted to see the woven brass basket I got at GW. I got another one yesterday, the smaller one. It was really black when I got it.

Thumbnail by venice62

Wow Carol, those are really lovely...I am envious....grin

Here is my contribution for Holiday Goodies http://www.northpole.com/kitchen/Cookbook/

Just full of the things we should not eat, but will anyway...grin ENJOY...and no fussing Dave...it is for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and they can be made with Splenda.

Moon, have you used Splenda? How is it? I have never used it.

It is pretty much all we use, as DHJim is a borderline diabetic. It is not bad, just takes a little adjusting to get the flavor right. The only thing we use sugar for now is the humming bird feeders.

(Zone 5b)

Hi! I'm in between outings....
JJ love the fireplace!
Had to take the kids to karate, hubby blew a calf muscle, and guess what, Trans Siberian Orchestra today! I'm so excited!
Dixie I'm going to start ripping up my bedroom ASAP...please keep posting the progress to get me motivated!

Moon, what kind of adjustments do you make when you use Spenda?

By the way, that is a very awful site!!!! Any sinful desert you have ever had or heard of is on the site! I just took a quick glance at cakes and I was amazed at all the recipes!

Lynnie, what are you ripping up in your bedroom? Sorry about your hubby. Wow, that must have hurt. Can he walk at all?

My Aloe isn't feel well. It was in great shape when Trina sent it but the poor thing is dying. The top of the plant was kind of wobbly from the roots. And maybe it had been over watered. I will repot it. I have a couple of other ones to repot also. I was rooting a couple of sweet potato vine cuttings. They now have these white very long stringy roots now so have to do something with them. Also I want to put some ivy in a different pot.

Hope you all are having sunny weather and a good day!

Just in the amount used for personal taste, Venice, in things like coffee or tea. yeah, it is pretty sinful isn't it? LOL

Yeah, come on Dixie, inspire us....we might actually have the incentive to light a fire under the hubbies....grin

Lynnie, have a great time at the concert. I know you all will enjoy it. Sorry for the DH...that really hurts. But, now he has an excuse to avoid the bedroom carpet project....grin

Canton,IL &Dent Coun, MO(Zone 5b)

Morning all and how is everyone today?

(Zone 5b)

I can do the demo....I'll need help with the installation....I'm not the least bit patient and sheetrocking & laying flooring & all that requires a bit of patience.

Be super careful when ya buy your sheetrock...make sure it is not made in China. That stuff has a corrosive in it that eats wiring.

does anybody want any dwarf aster seeds (mixed red, blue, and purple)

No thank you. Remember I got those cheapy little asters and mums last month. With this weather they are going to get established for sure.

Trina, how is Amanda doing? I would think it would take her a while to heal. Does she have apt for a follow up check.

I was going to get some stuff repotted. However, I walked past my seeds I am drying and decided to separate and sift some of them.

Dave, are you around yet. Do Broms have seeds? Where are they?

She's fine, sitting on the couch watching TV

Jesup, GA

Taking a tiny break....Got all of the flooring off. Still working on the new one. We got started later than we had hoped to. Here's a picture of me and my little shadow, husband took earlier this morning. Last sitting and relaxing we have done today. And such a beautiful day out. Back to work for us......whine,my back hurts!!

Thumbnail by dixiegril
Keaau, HI

Good morning everybody! Aloha aku!

Bromeliads do have seeds, they are found in the flowers as they get mature.
I think it would be very uncommon for Bromeliads that are grown in unnatural conditions to produce though.

Dixie, it is easy to see she is her Mimma's girl. And has her Mimma's heart in hand....grin Just wait til ya try to stand up tomorrow...Knees and back will have harsh words for ya...lol

Morning Dave. Hope the rains have passed. Know you want to get your addition to a point where you can work rain or shine.

Trina, good to hear Amanda is feeling better.

Dixie, that is a beautiful photo!!!! Your GD is so pretty!!

Hi Dave! By any chance could any of these be brom seeds?

Thumbnail by venice62
Keaau, HI

Did those come from the flower spike of a Bromeliad, Carol?

It's been raining for two days now. It's coming down an inch per hour right now. A bit of thunder in the background.
Not to complain though; some places are getting three inches an hour.

The entire State is flooding.

Wow. I do know what that is like Dave. Hope that blows through really soon. Good thoughts to all of you. Hope this does not cause grievous problems or loss of life.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

Someone send Dave a Live Boat, FAST!!

and a pair of floaties....

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

You know what, it is actually kind of warm here........Well if you call 55 degrees warm, and at this time of year, I do ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.