Vine Suggestions Anyone?

(Tracey) Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I need a pretty vine to place on a trellis made of lattice (the plastic kind). It is screening my air conditioner. We have it several feet from the appliance and hubby supported it well. - It is on the west side of the house. Dappled sun, as there is a pecan tree that breaks up the incoming sun from the afternoon on..

Any ideas?

What about Clematis Vine? Do you guys think that would work in the location I want to put it?

I just read "some are spring bloomers, others flower in mid-season into late summer or autumn". I''m thinking it might be nice to mix different ones that fit the Spring Bloomer, Mid-season Bloomer, and Autumn Bloomers to keep it blooming from Spring thru Autumn..

I found hardiness from zone 4-8...but I'm having trouble determining if that is Clematis in general or if different cultivars have different hardiness zones.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I can't help you pick a vine but wanted to say that clematis hardiness won't be a problem for you. Picking a specific one based on blooming and flower characteristics might be a question to pose on the clematis forum though.

Hmm! Thanks, I did not realize there is a clematis forum..

Off to look for it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.