What type of fertilizer?

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

Hello, I am a new Amaryllis owner. I inherited a bunch of bulbs, small and large. They have sprouted leaves but I have no idea what kind of fertilizer is best for them. I have different types of ferts on hand for my different kinds of plants, does someone have an N-P-K suggestion for me? Thanks!

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

I have read a lot of stuff on-line, some say high middle number, some say high potassium number so I am looking for input from people who have grown and bloomed them successfully here. If you don't mind, please let me know what your experience is. Thanks...

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi, I use bone meal when I plant and liquid miracle grow. I don't fertilize often enough,,, I think.
Not an expert.

Elaine

noonamah, Australia

I bought 3 papillio bulbs a few months ago and potted them up in ordinary potting soil with some slow release fertiliser added. As they grew they were only given liquid fish emulsion. They've got large very healthy leaves now and two of them have produced some pups, but no sign of flowers. The pots are now densely packed with their roots. Makes me think they should be in bigger pots, or else in the ground. My understanding was that bulbs/tubers had higher K (Potassium) requirements. But I'm still only a "learner driver" with these.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.